Nix a different player at Jordan-Hare

aubiefifty

29 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I mean we can say that but really the guys coming in are rated about the same as all the other guys....it depends on how they are coached and developed and we have the same coaches

I really don't think they are rated the same and  believe they have more upside. we shall see/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

He wasn't.    He was close but no cigar.

Yeah, that sub 5 yards per attempt was not enough.  I hope Bo gets the coaching he deserves before it's too late for him.

On 11/14/2019 at 2:55 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

Agreed.  I think our OL gets owned by UGA and UA and Nix is gonna look like UF and LSU.

Yep, it's not about where you play as much as it is who you play.

Nix is definitely a competitor and I know he is only a freshman, but from what I've seen so far, I'd say he is a bigger more athletic version of Sean White with a stronger, less accurate arm. Maybe he looks different with a different coach. Hopefully we'll find out. He's only going to get worse under Gus.

We got to let Bo just go and sling it. If he screws up he screws up. We aren’t a run play action team. We don’t have the hogs to do that. We will have to pass to set up the run now, sadly.

1 hour ago, shabby said:

I really don't think they are rated the same and  believe they have more upside. we shall see/

No 5 stars, 3/4 star recruits. 

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No 5 stars, 3/4 star recruits. 

junior college transfers are almost never 5 star. we got some of the top recruits coming in from that route correct?

7 minutes ago, shabby said:

junior college transfers are almost never 5 star. we got some of the top recruits coming in from that route correct?

If they are good enough they are looked at as basically a 5 star but it's still like Driscoll he came from another college....the guys we have now weren't fringe guys they were rated high, can't do anything but hope as rankings are just rankings and who knows what what each individual will do with their potential,

But the guys coming in aren't different than guys that are playing now as far as potential

someone said it earlier this year but has anyone noticed it seems like bo does better with the  two minute drill? if so why do we not use this the whole game? what am i missing?

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If they are good enough they are looked at as basically a 5 star but it's still like Driscoll he came from another college....the guys we have now weren't fringe guys they were rated high, can't do anything but hope as rankings are just rankings and who knows what what each individual will do with their potential,

But the guys coming in aren't different than guys that are playing now as far as potential

Brutal honesty.  We're a 2-3 year rebuild away from having a championship OL.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

someone said it earlier this year but has anyone noticed it seems like bo does better with the  two minute drill? if so why do we not use this the whole game? what am i missing?

The types of coverage he's facing.  UGA shut us down for 3+ quarters playing man defense.  They switched to zone and we hit them with some zone busters for a couple of scores.  They get serious about playing defense again and we get shut down the remainder of the game.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Addition by subtraction. We have some backups that are better than the starters.

Give me jersey numbers so I can reconcile my assumptions.

Archived