What will it take for us to beat UGA?

gr82b4au

Obvious answer is to score more. I think we have the horses to get it done, but we need something that we have not had in 4 of the last 5 games against UGA: points. I think we have only scored more than 13 points once (when we killed them). We need to score 28+ imo. The problem is that against good teams this year, once again we can’t score.
So here is captain obvious answer #2: stop the run, don’t turn the ball over, pick up first downs (OM game plan) except actually score once you cross the 30 yard line. This time score TDs. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The crowd and our fanbase will be everything.  Nix plays much better at home and there is an extra energy when you feel like you have 85,000+ fans having your back.  On defense, when Brown asks us to get loud and we do, that will be killer.  For this reason is why I have been trying to get everyone to put aside their differences this week to get us in the zone to do our part to get this win.

Auburn is also asking fans to wear blue this game.

7 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Competent play calling on offense 

To me, this is the main catalyst for us to have the best chance. I don’t think we need to get to tricky with the play calling, but rather just call a solid offensive game. Our D will be okay as long as the O does not put them in precarious unmanageable positions. 

1.  Sustained drives based off a successful running game

2.  Bo hitting 60% or more of his passes

3.  Schwartz getting 5+ touches

If Auburn accomplished these 3 things they will win.  It may not be pretty but they will win.

Gus needs to believe his offense can win the day.  No backing off before half like the Bama game last year.  No taking his foot off of the accelerator.  Full on alpha dog to beat the dog crap out of UGA.  That game in 2017 was the only time I have seen Gus do that and that is the attitude he has to come out with.  The player will respond.

We need to play for first downs when 3rd and manageable, especially when in their territory. No 40 yard bombs on 3rd down and short. Not put our K out there for FGs 45+. We need to get Nix some easy rhythm throws to get confident. Gus did a pretty solid job in Ole Miss game of doing this. We need to get the ball to our playmakers. Kick some Names and take some @$$

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Nix plays much better at home 

This has far more to do with the level of competition we've played at home this year than anything else.  Best team we've played at JHS is arguably Tulane.

Outside of mentioning the QB, I think its going to be important for both Boobie and DJ to be a factor. One of those two are going to need to be well rested going into the 4th quarter. I also think its going to be important to have these guys be passing threats in the flat just to take another person out of the box and give Bo an easy checkdown. Both should be able to break tackles and at least give Auburn positive yards in those instances, which allows you to still run pace, if you'd like. 

Second thing is: dont type cast how you use Shivers and Schwartz. Just dont make it easy for UGA

Archived