What will it take for us to beat UGA?

gr82b4au

6 hours ago, doug3020 said:

UGA has not allowed an rush TD all year. Game will be on Nix's shoulders.

It would be very nice to cram a couple in early. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bo to show improvement and calmness stepping into throws and setting feet. Boobie and DJ inspire the oline to open holes. Gus call some good ball plays. Defense continue to play with great effort. Fans make some noise. It can all be done.

Seems alot of folks are overlooking the uga defense. They are stout against the run and we've seen what happens to Gus when the run is taken away. As stated by a few, we have to stop taking shots when we are in 3rd and short. Gotta stay ahead of the chains and keep the middle of the field active in the pass game to open up rushing lanes by preoccupying their LBs. Idk I'm kinda torn on this game because I KNOW we have the talent to dominate this game but sometimes Gus claims up against teams with a good D. Wde anyways and I will be pulling hard for the boys to get the W.

Play at home at least on the same level we did against LSU in Baton Rouge. There we lost by only 3 points on the road to a much better offense than UGa w/ a slightly worse defense despite having our team strength - the Dline - consistently held w/out penalty for over half the game. 

Need to start hot out of the gate and score early.  We've done our best when we do that - score early and keep the pressure on.

When we fumble around for a half before we wake up, we usually do poorly, even if the defense is keeping us in it.

Need. A. Fast. Start. Offensively.

1. Let Schwartz touch the ball at least 10-12 times

2. Be full throttle on offense and do not take the foot off of the pedal until 60 minutes have been completed.

3. Sack Fromm early and often, and stay in his face all game.

4. Let DJ and Boobee run wild early and often

5. Let the worm have some touches

6. Keep throwing to the TE position (Wilson & Shenker)

7. Give Bo solid protection in the pocket

8. score TDs in the red zone with fewer FGs.

9. have Bo to complete at least 60% of his passes without any INTs.

10. Do 1-9 with a passion to win and beat the crap out of the muts.

Doc's recipe for a win. LSU is taking it to the turds of which makes us look a lot better indeed!

On 11/8/2019 at 6:02 PM, Brad_ATX said:

This has far more to do with the level of competition we've played at home this year than anything else.  Best team we've played at JHS is arguably Tulane.

True

the play better at home is a lame loser mentality excuse.

what happened to we don’t care where we play them.

52 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

True

the play better at home is a lame loser mentality excuse.

what happened to we don’t care where we play them.

I don’t think Auburn has been a good road team since the other side of the decade

QB and Oline play competent. Not as complicated as some would have you believe.

Fans to understand the concept of weather and layering appropriately for potential seasonal changes or those coinciding with a setting sun or shaded area.

When you step outdoors, the ancient art of layering becomes your smart-technology thermostat. This tried-and-true strategy lets you regulate comfort by slipping layers on and off as your activity level or the weather changes.

How to layer: To understand layering your clothing for outdoor activities, you need to know the function of each layer:

1. Base layer (underwear layer): wicks sweat off your skin
  2. Middle layer (insulating layer): retains body heat to protect you from the cold
  3. Outer layer (shell layer): shields you from wind and rain

Even if you don’t wear all three layers at the outset, it’s a good idea to take all layers on every outing: You can peel off layers if things heat up, but you can’t put on layers that you didn’t bring along.

https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/layering-basics.html

11 hours ago, leglessdan said:

I KNOW we have the talent to dominate this game but sometim

I don’t know about this statement.  Dominate??   Maybe we have the talent to play with them, but no way does Auburn have the superior talent to dominate.   Name one player on offense that is better than any starters on GA offense?   On defense we have several that are the best on the field against anyone we play.   But sorry, we are slightly less talented than GA but doesn’t mean that AU can’t win.   But it will take the best game they have played all year

20 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I don’t know about this statement.  Dominate??   Maybe we have the talent to play with them, but no way does Auburn have the superior talent to dominate.   Name one player on offense that is better than any starters on GA offense?   On defense we have several that are the best on the field against anyone we play.   But sorry, we are slightly less talented than GA but doesn’t mean that AU can’t win.   But it will take the best game they have played all year

With this defense we have, if our offense could just generate slightly above average point production we would absolutely be dominating. I'm not concerned with individual players comparison. Utilized properly I'm pretty damn confident in the squad we have on the roster.

Archived