Men vs Davidson

tgrogan21

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice win! We sure need to get better with FT. I wish we could get the ball in to Wiley. Is Davidson really good? I have my doubts, but our D was very good!

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

When okoro turns that corner, and he’s starting too, that guy is a big time player 

Yep, it's like that foggy window is clearing up a bit each game. He's beginning to look confident and comfortable out there. I hope Sharife is watching him excel so far and excited to be out there next season.

5 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Nice win! We sure need to get better with FT. I wish we could get the ball in to Wiley. Is Davidson really good? I have my doubts, but our D was very good!

Davidson won 21 games and was third in their conference last year. Made it to the NIT last year and they returned their 6 top scorers. They're going to be a pretty good team this year so to go onto a neutral court as a young team and beat a more experienced team is a very good win for us early on.

Okoro starting to remind me of chuma if he stays on this track, guy can take over a game offensively, in time, and the way he defends. Just think this guy is a stud. Major props to bruce 

7 minutes ago, Grumps said:

We were only favored by 2

Learning while winning a like it. We took some dumb shots at the end but we fixed it made them foul us, we have to do better hitting free throws. But overall I'll take it!

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Okoro starting to remind me of chuma if he stays on this track, guy can take over a game offensively, in time, and the way he defends. Just think this guy is a stud. Major props to bruce 

Okoro may be our best player. I am hoping that Purifoy becomes this year's Chuma, but he has not been driving at all. You are probably right about Okoro.

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

Okoro may be our best player. I am hoping that Purifoy becomes this year's Chuma, but he has not been driving at all. You are probably right about Okoro.

We didn’t really know about Chuma until later into the season/tourney about what kind of player he actually was Bc most of the season he was passive, but he showed to be a true game changer. I think okoro can be that type as well.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

We didn’t really know about Chuma until later into the season/tourney about what kind of player he actually was Bc most of the season he was passive, but he showed to be a true game changer. I think okoro can be that type as well.

If you look close you can see, as far as chumma. Of course you'll need more games but we'll see about Okoro too. You have to watch them against other good players. 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If you look close you can see, as far as chumma. Of course you'll need more games but we'll see about Okoro too. You have to watch them against other good players. 

I've always been curious about this but why do you spell it "chumma"? Is there a reason other than auto-correct?

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That’s fair. I see similar to okoro as I did with chuma. You see so much ability there it’s hard to deny.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

That’s fair. I see similar to okoro as I did with chuma. You see so much ability there it’s hard to deny.

I agree. I would argue with people about chumma early, I saw he was too big of a mismatch and he would take over games. I said we should run our offense thru him and he should have the ball at the end of games. 

So far Okoro can score it big time, I don't know if he's the passer to facilitate thru him yet, but it's only been a couple of games. He's actually a little better shooter than I thought, or he's already worked and improved. Either way it's impressive. 

A good early season showing by Auburn and a quality win on the road. Yes, there is a long list of things the coaches will focus on for improvement, but watching both of the last two games, top of my list is --  Way too many unnecessary fouls on defense, but even worse,  Auburn free throw shooting was really ugly. The only reason Davidson was within 20 points was free throw shooting. Those Davidson kids were knockin' them down.  Auburn's superior talent prevailed, of course, but in SEC play, our guys are going to have to step up an sink the free throws. I'm not seeing real focus in the eyes of the Auburn players at the line right now. That needs to change.

JMO of course, and I defer to the true experts on this board who know everything there is to know about BB.

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I agree. I would argue with people about chumma early, I saw he was too big of a mismatch and he would take over games. I said we should run our offense thru him and he should have the ball at the end of games. 

So far Okoro can score it big time, I don't know if he's the passer to facilitate thru him yet, but it's only been a couple of games. He's actually a little better shooter than I thought, or he's already worked and improved. Either way it's impressive. 

When teams zone us, Okoro at the high post will be key.

15 minutes ago, AURex said:

A good early season showing by Auburn and a quality win on the road. Yes, there is a long list of things the coaches will focus on for improvement, but watching both of the last two games, top of my list is --  Way too many unnecessary fouls on defense, but even worse,  Auburn free throw shooting was really ugly. The only reason Davidson was within 20 points was free throw shooting. Those Davidson kids were knockin' them down.  Auburn's superior talent prevailed, of course, but in SEC play, our guys are going to have to step up an sink the free throws. I'm not seeing real focus in the eyes of the Auburn players at the line right now. That needs to change.

JMO of course, and I defer to the true experts on this board who know everything there is to know about BB.

Thank god we don’t have sec play until January 😂

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Do you see Purifoy becoming more than just a 3 point threat?

9 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Do you see Purifoy becoming more than just a 3 point threat?

He used to be. And I really want him to. I don't think he can finish at the rim like he once could and now he won't. I also think he's probably the best shooter on the team now and he now thinks that's his role on the team. I really want samir to stop shooting them personally. I wish he wouldn't shoot any more than 4 A game and he would attack the rim more than anything because he's not the best shooter

Purifoy had a really good looking mid-range/post game as a freshman, its really a shame he hasnt revisited that much. He had one look early in this game where he did something with it (great foot work, spun off to finish on the other side of the basket), and we didnt see that again. I feel like BP is already going away from attempting to use him like Okeke and instead giving those flash in the middle sets to Okoro. If it works for the team that's cool, but it sucks

Archived