Updyke still no remorse

AuCivilEng1

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He should be in jail. He recently, once again, failed to make restitution payments to Auburn. 

And **** finebaum too for giving him a platform. 

Did he really fail to pay restitution again?  If so, why is there not a warrant out for his arrest? What am I missing?

10 hours ago, auburnphan said:

The SEC should have banned him from all SEC related athletic events and properties.

I'm sure they'll do that...right after someone calls their Oline for holding.  

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Did he really fail to pay restitution again?  If so, why is there not a warrant out for his arrest? What am I missing?

He hasn't come close to paying it off. I have no idea why. I often wonder why AU doesn't go back to court and have him arrested  for non-payment and get gag order on him.

13 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Because our Justice system is weak and largely an embarrassment. I'm New Testament forgiveness for only so long, then I'm Old Testament punishment. Penalty should fit the crime. This bozo was never going to o pay what he doesn't have. You know what he does have though? Time and that means he has time to have his butt in Auburn every Sunday after the games and clean up Toomer's corner after it is rolled. That should have been his life sentence. Someone who has no income can't pay restitution. Unbelievable. 

On 11/10/2019 at 8:14 AM, gr82be said:

Because our Justice system is weak and largely an embarrassment. I'm New Testament forgiveness for only so long, then I'm Old Testament punishment. Penalty should fit the crime. This bozo was never going to o pay what he doesn't have. You know what he does have though? Time and that means he has time to have his butt in Auburn every Sunday after the games and clean up Toomer's corner after it is rolled. That should have been his life sentence. Someone who has no income can't pay restitution. Unbelievable. 

My understanding: he is a retired Texas State Police Officer. He has at least some retirement money to pay this restitution. (pending his age, pension and Social Security) 

My understanding of the law:  if one doesn’t pay their restitution, there’s a warrant put out for their arrest, if one continues to not pay it, they are arrested and put in jail for failure to pay.

How is he getting away with this?

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

My understanding: he is a retired Texas State Police Officer. He has at least some retirement money to pay this restitution. (pending his age, pension and Social Security) 

My understanding of the law:  if one doesn’t pay their restitution, there’s a warrant put out for their arrest, if one continues to not pay it, they are arrested and put in jail for failure to pay.

Who knows why he is allowed to get away with it? His lawyer used his failing health as a reason not to appear in court I believe. I'm not heartless but this guy is a joke. He certainly felt well enough to call into Finebaum and talk smack about the trees once again. 

54 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Who knows why he is allowed to get away with it? His lawyer used his failing health as a reason not to appear in court I believe. I'm not heartless but this guy is a joke. He certainly felt well enough to call into Finebaum and talk smack about the trees once again. 

Exactly! Just like our justice system; I see he can afford an attorney.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Exactly! Just like our justice system; I see he can afford an attorney.

That lawyer is probably a Bama grad doing pro bono work.

On 11/10/2019 at 7:01 AM, Sully to Beasley said:

I will not listen to or watch any show that Bald Slimebaum appears on. That makes my life so much better!

Quit listening/watching this man about 5 years ago. He is nothing but a ratings monger.

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

https://www.al.com/news/2019/10/harvey-updyke-has-paid-6900-of-800000-restitution-for-2011-auburn-tree-poisonings.html

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The restitution is something like $800k.  I don't know how he'll ever pay that.  Anyone expecting him to be able to isn't living in reality.

He should be making monthly payments.

Officials said Updyke is supposed to pay $200 a month but has not been making regular payments.

19 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

He should be making monthly payments.

Officials said Updyke is supposed to pay $200 a month but has not been making regular payments.

$200 a month. What a joke, fine. And he still doesn’t pay it. Loser.

I so hate his lack of remorse or appropriate enforcement of punishment.  I am with whomever posted that cleaning AU trees (under heavy direct supervision) each week single-handedly should be his consequence if he is "incapable" of paying.  However, Pollyanna-ish as it may be...take THIS, Harvey Updyke.  Like you stopped it.

Image result for cleaning up auburn treesImage result for grinch who stole christmas it came just the same

3 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I so hate his lack of remorse or appropriate enforcement of punishment.  I am with whomever posted that cleaning AU trees (under heavy direct supervision) each week single-handedly should be his consequence if he is "incapable" of paying.  However, Pollyanna-ish as it may be...take THIS, Harvey Updyke.  Like you stopped it.

Image result for grinch who stole christmas it came just the same

:wavey: and I've always thought that. It accomplishes two things. He serves community service as part of his sentence and it saves the city tax dollars for the clean up. If you put him in jail he cost the taxpayers money. What's going on with him currently is a disgrace. 

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

:wavey: and I've always thought that. It accomplishes two things. He serves community service as part of his sentence and it saves the city tax dollars for the clean up. If you put him in jail he cost the taxpayers money. What's going on with him currently is a disgrace. 

I've always been a fan of logical consequences.  Money's great, but it's easy.  Hanging out in a town you hate cleaning up the consequences for weeks upon end of the mess you made has to hurt more.

Image result for it'll HURT more

Archived