Penn State vs Minnesota

AUwent

So, I couldn't care much less about that OTHER big game today. Let's talk about this one, partially because Fleck would be a dream come true. Starting to make me wish we had lost to LSU three years ago just so we could've gotten him then.

Minn up 14-7 midway through first.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota looks good. I'm impressed.

12 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This game is obviously an interview for AU’s next coach. 

Surely, you don’t think Franklin would leave PSU to come to Auburn.  Fleck would be in my top three. 

Just now, around4ever said:

Surely, you don’t think Franklin would leave PSU to come to Auburn.  Fleck would be in my top three. 

Was a comment made in jest. However, people have mentioned him in their “wants” list and that he supposedly would love to come back to the SEC. 

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

So, I couldn't care much less about that OTHER big game today. Let's talk about this one, partially because Fleck would be a dream come true. Starting to make me wish we had lost to LSU three years ago just so we could've gotten him then.

Minn up 14-7 midway through first.

24-13 at Half.  Minnesota looks well coached, on BOTH sides of the ball.

We NEED that 

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Franklin's essentially home.  I'm guessing PSU is his dream job FWIW...

And they have plenty of money to match any offer. Franklin would have to want to leave or be fired for him to leave PSU. He won’t get hired away. 

Apparently Fleck is like Dabo in that he was never a coordinator prior to being a HC. Impressive guy. 

54 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So...about Fleck:

giphy.gif

Hey, Went---"Back to the Future" part 1, last Friday.  Part 2, last night.  Never get tired of them.  I know so little about Fleck, but his enthusiasm level has been compared to Coach Pearl's.  That is a HUGE plus in my book.  How did you get your screenname?

Tiny random research note...

"During his time with the Buccaneers, Fleck was known to wear cleats during practice, often running routes and simulating defenses with the receivers.[11][12]"

Nothing like hands-on when it comes to skills taught-to-caught, and sheer rapport.  Love this.

Mic drop.  Stop right there.  SOLD!  :yay::jossun: 

Fleck is a 2004 graduate of Northern Illinois University with a bachelor's degree in elementary education...

Fleck annually hosts the P. J. Fleck "Live Your Dream" Football Camp that benefits the Juvenile Arthritis Foundation (Friends of Carra), Alopecia Foundation (Locks of Love), Coach Kill's Cancer Fund, and the P. J. Fleck Scholarship Fund.[43] Past camp instructors have included Fleck's former teammates and friends Ken Dorsey and Justin McCareins.[45]

No wonder the charisma...no wonder.

12 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Didn't Fleck sign an extension last week? Wonder what that new buyout looks like.

tenor.gif

Archived