Arkansas

AuburnTiger4Life

On 11/18/2019 at 8:42 AM, Strychnine said:

I think it is more a case of Gus has some influential supporters that would like to see him at Arkansas.  The fanbase is definitely not collectively salivating at the prospect.

I think Jerry Jones is a big Arkansas booster. Maybe he might even take Gus to Dallas lol

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard on the radio the other day that Arkansas has one 4 star recruit in the whole state and he’s going to Kentucky. Just no talent there and they aren’t good enough to compete with the Aggies for Texas anymore 

19 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I heard on the radio the other day that Arkansas has one 4 star recruit in the whole state and he’s going to Kentucky. Just no talent there and they aren’t good enough to compete with the Aggies for Texas anymore 

There are technically two, OL Chris Morris is going to A&M but he just moved to West Memphis about a month ago so he was in Tennessee. And Jacolby Criswell is a QB committed to North Carolina that would have gone to Arkansas but Chad Morris’ son was commited and decommitted when he was fired so we will likely have a shot at flipping him when we get a coach. There are more borderline 4-stars with SEC offers but one is committed to Ole Miss.

We don’t have great in-state talent but still recruit around the same or better as the rest of the lower half of the SEC and haven’t been competitive with them. We usually recruit right around 20-25. Between east Texas, Tulsa, Kansas City, Memphis and Louisiana (there are a lot of good players there that LSU doesn’t have room for) you’d think we could scratch together a solid class from the surrounding area but there is a lot of competition in those areas too.

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

My money is on Kiffen

He would make Arkansas interesting which they havnt been in a while.

On 12/3/2019 at 5:30 PM, Auburn Kev said:

Campbell can be taken out of consideration.

He and his staff out looking for future Cyclones. Sounds like a great name for their recruiting trips... Storm Tracker. 

Screenshot_20191205-145852~2.png

Has Arkansas really screwed this up and just hiring within? I don't imagine ther fanbase will be excited over this, which was considered essential with this hire. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Arkansas-Razorbacks-coaching-search-Barry-Lunney-Jr-Lane-Kiffin-Bryan-Harsin-139995536/Amp/

If Lunney gets the job, you would have to assume they struck out on a LOT of guys. Pretty demoralizing if true. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Has Arkansas really screwed this up and just hiring within? I don't imagine ther fanbase will be excited over this, which was considered essential with this hire. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Arkansas-Razorbacks-coaching-search-Barry-Lunney-Jr-Lane-Kiffin-Bryan-Harsin-139995536/Amp/

Holding place til next year and the run for Gus.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Holding place til next year and the run for Gus.

At which time I expect we'll all be treated to more 'Kevin Steele is an awesome head coach pick' threads. 

Can't wait...  

Just now, AURealist said:

At which time I expect we'll all be treated to more 'Kevin Steele is an awesome head coach pick' threads. 

Can't wait...  

😁  

Gus and Jerry Jones are good friends. Jerry could hire Gus and he would pay us Gus's buyout and whatever else is in his contract.

33 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Gus and Jerry Jones are good friends. Jerry could hire Gus and he would pay us Gus's buyout and whatever else is in his contract.

Arkansas saw Tennessee's coaching search and said "Hold my beer" at this point I would not be shocked if they haven't worked their way down to Gus on their list already and struck out already.

Don't count on it.

Archived