Auburn Only Allowed 23 Points to LSU

Zeek

12 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Bama's only hope of making the CFP is trucking Auburn.  We will be lucky to hold them to 42

I have more faith in our defense than to think Bama will score 42+ on us at our house. I’m thinking more of a 21-6 type game.

But Bama is extremely vulnerable in the middle of the field, from the looks of it. So if Gus uses his noggin, we may actually have a chance.

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

So you're saying that because he is not the starter over Brady he doesn't have the talent? You have no argument. Belichick could have chosen countless quarterbacks to back up Brady, but chose Stidham. If you're going to make an attempt to defend Gus's ineptness I suggest you pick another subject.

:lol: 

Yup, just like Huard, Davey, Hoyer, Mallett, and of course geriatric Flutie and Testaverde tryna get gimmie rings.

Being a back-up for the patriots obviously means a player (even injured) shoulda have been a heisman candidate in college.

2 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

:lol: 

Yup, just like Huard, Davey, Hoyer, Mallett, and of course geriatric Flutie and Testaverde tryna get gimmie rings.

Being a back-up for the patriots obviously means a player (even injured) shoulda have been a heisman candidate in college.

He most likely would have been in another offense, but I really don't care to argue with you about it. I stand by my original statement, and your opinion means literally nothing to me, so amuse yourself.

16 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Can't judge games like that. Ebbs and flows occur in game which don't translate to other games 

AU's offense needs to get right or all this talk will be moot. 

Stop turning the ball over ...too many interceptions when in scoring position on the road. Don’t care how good or bad your offense is, that is a formula for not winning, especially against good teams.

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

He most likely would have been in another offense, but I really don't care to argue with you about it. I stand by my original statement, and your opinion means literally nothing to me, so amuse yourself.

At least you've found the 'blueprint' for staying ignorant. :) 

21 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Auburn only scored 20 while Alabama scored 41 against LSU's defense.

Shows you how poor our offense has played against decent teams. Without Gus’s screw ups we would be #1 in the country . Let that sink in.

13 hours ago, Browning4AU said:

That had more to do with KJ than it did JS. 

JS still made some tough throws in that game. And DJ + Boobie CAN contribute as much in the running game as KJ, it’s about if they can be balanced properly by the offensive staff. 
my OG point was that Gus did use Stidham the right way as far as the strengths of that team went. Not perfectly, could’ve been better, but he used Stidham right 

On 11/10/2019 at 7:18 AM, Mims44 said:

Man, how'd we lose out on that? Can you quote me his NFL stats?

Is it 2 of 4 for 13 or 14 yards? and a pick?

Yeah, I heard he was in the running for MVP.

Yeah and just look at all those QB's Malzahn's put in the NFL.  Cam and........................ uh .................... um.................... Does Nick Marshall count even though he wasn't a QB when he was in the NFL?

I mean really the only reason Stidham's even sniffing the NFL is because of Malzahn's offense....... :drippingsarcasm7pa:

tenor.gif

11 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Yeah and just look at all those QB's Malzahn's put in the NFL.  Cam and........................ uh .................... um.................... Does Nick Marshall count even though he wasn't a QB when he was in the NFL?

I mean really the only reason Stidham's even sniffing the NFL is because of Malzahn's offense....... :drippingsarcasm7pa:

tenor.gif

??? color me confused.

The point was being a back up to tom brady does not equal some crazy level of hidden talent that we never got to see. For a long time now the least important position in football has been being a backup QB in NE. Throw on top of that Belicheat looks for people to fit his schemes at QB (AKA: "system QBs)"As noted by my other post quoting numerous no names and has beens that have been his back ups so far.

I'd love for Stidham to do amazing, but being picked 134th? 136th? as a backup to brady doesn't help him at all, because Brady has also not been a big fan of trying to train up or mentor his backups.

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

??? color me confused.

The point was being a back up to tom brady does not equal some crazy level of hidden talent that we never got to see. For a long time now the least important position in football has been being a backup QB in NE. Throw on top of that Belicheat looks for people to fit his schemes at QB (AKA: "system QBs)"As noted by my other post quoting numerous no names and has beens that have been his back ups so far.

I'd love for Stidham to do amazing, but being picked 134th? 136th? as a backup to brady doesn't help him at all, because Brady has also not been a big fan of trying to train up or mentor his backups.

I'm trying to figure out why you think Stidham being a backup QB in the NFL as a rookie is somehow an indictment on him. Even Tom Brady didn't start as a rookie. He was Drew Bledsoe's backup. Right now one of Brady's former backups is starting in San Francisco. Jimmy Garoppolo. Guess he's the exception though?

Tony Romo was Bledsoe's backup in Dallas. Dak Prescott was Romo's backup,. Aaron Rodgers was Favre's backup. Drew Brees was Doug Flutie's backup(lol) Philip Rivers was Brees's backup.  A lot of starting QB's in the NFL right now(and future HOF's) didn't start as rookies. They were, get this.................. backups.

I think it's a little early to be writing off Stidham's NFL future. But whatever, we have different views.

12 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'm trying to figure out why you think Stidham being a backup QB in the NFL as a rookie is somehow an indictment on him. Even Tom Brady didn't start as a rookie. He was Drew Bledsoe's backup. Right now one of Brady's former backups is starting in San Francisco. Jimmy Garoppolo. Guess he's the exception though?

Tony Romo was Bledsoe's backup in Dallas. Dak Prescott was Romo's backup,. Aaron Rodgers was Favre's backup. Drew Brees was Doug Flutie's backup(lol) Philip Rivers was Brees's backup.  A lot of starting QB's in the NFL right now(and future HOF's) didn't start as rookies. They were, get this.................. backups.

I think it's a little early to be writing off Stidham's NFL future. But whatever, we have different views.

That's still a bit off from what I was saying.

The phrase thrown out on these forums (and in this thread) is; 

"We couldn't even do "X" with Tom Bradys backup on our team!!!"

Being tom bradys backup is no strong indictment against Malzahn horrible problems with coaching. If JS was being a Cam Newton in his rookie year then sure, but riding the bench behind a an all time NFL great, No.

I guess it irks me more just because there are a ton of actual reasons to dislike how Gus is running the offense, and ignoring those to use this 'meh' Stidham argument is very very weak. How about his lack of a cohesive recruiting plan? How about his offensive passing routes that are reminiscent of a 1970's team? How about only finding true success running one style of your offense over your time at Auburn, and then actually benching or mismanaging the talent you do have in order to retry and fail again using one of your crummier offensive identities? How about the same offensive problems and excuses for those problems multiple years? When as a HC it is your job to fix those problems.

But to get back to Stidham, again, I hope he does succeed in the NFL. That's why I didn't mention Garop (or even M. Cassel, even though his was very short lived) because there have been some taken in NE who  made it in that league despite being behind Brady and receiving little to no professional help to improve. His odds are slim, and he hasn't proven anything yet, but YES, I am rooting for him.

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

tenor.gif

Don’t know what’s going on but props for the Scott Hall gif

17 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

That's still a bit off from what I was saying.

The phrase thrown out on these forums (and in this thread) is; 

"We couldn't even do "X" with Tom Bradys backup on our team!!!"

Being tom bradys backup is no strong indictment against Malzahn horrible problems with coaching. If JS was being a Cam Newton in his rookie year then sure, but riding the bench behind a an all time NFL great, No.

I guess it irks me more just because there are a ton of actual reasons to dislike how Gus is running the offense, and ignoring those to use this 'meh' Stidham argument is very very weak. How about his lack of a cohesive recruiting plan? How about his offensive passing routes that are reminiscent of a 1970's team? How about only finding true success running one style of your offense over your time at Auburn, and then actually benching or mismanaging the talent you do have in order to retry and fail again using one of your crummier offensive identities? How about the same offensive problems and excuses for those problems multiple years? When as a HC it is your job to fix those problems.

But to get back to Stidham, again, I hope he does succeed in the NFL. That's why I didn't mention Garop (or even M. Cassel, even though his was very short lived) because there have been some taken in NE who  made it in that league despite being behind Brady and receiving little to no professional help to improve. His odds are slim, and he hasn't proven anything yet, but YES, I am rooting for him.

Stidham's passing ability was not fully utilized at Auburn. Gus ran Kerryon into the ground to beat UGA and Bama in 2017. Malzahn's offense is not a passing offense. The passing schemes are limited.

Just look at LSU's offense. Stidham would kill it if he were running LSU's offense at Auburn. We're never going to see that at Auburn with Malzahn's offense.

Malzahn's offense is the problem. Stidham did as well as anyone could at Auburn without being a zone-read QB like Cam or Marhsall. 

Archived