Wow South Carolina

TigerOne

App St is a good team. They’ve been ranked for a few weeks until a missed FG last week to remain undefeated, I believe (just too lazy to look it up). 

15 hours ago, jared52 said:

Would have been negated by the holding.

Very late flag on an obvious hold/tackle by the OL....which made me wonder....if the WR had caught the pass for the game winning TD would the "flag" every have been tossed.?

Hard to believe the SEC refs would allow a home team to lose a game on a penalty like that ….kind of like the LSU penalty at the end.....call the violation when it does not affect the outcome of the game. 

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Very late flag on an obvious hold/tackle by the OL....which made me wonder....if the WR had caught the pass for the game winning TD would the "flag" every have been tossed.?

Hard to believe the SEC refs would allow a home team to lose a game on a penalty like that ….kind of like the LSU penalty at the end.....call the violation when it does not affect the outcome of the game. 

It's really bad when the SEC Officiating is so corrupt that even bspn talking heads have pointed it out.

In this case though, I'm assuming that it was not SEC officials since it was an OOC game.  However, since Appy State is a special, feel good story, I'm guessing the official got confused for a moment about what bspn's priority was and wasn't sure if he was or wasn't supposed to pull the trigger. 

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

It's really bad when the SEC Officiating is so corrupt that even bspn talking heads have pointed it out.

In this case though, I'm assuming that it was not SEC officials since it was an OOC game.  However, since Appy State is a special, feel good story, I'm guessing the official got confused for a moment about what bspn's priority was and wasn't sure if he was or wasn't supposed to pull the trigger. 

could not find out who officials were but being that it was a money game for App and at USCe I'm betting it was SEC officials for the game.

but still, seemed questionable that it was  a minute or two while they sorted out whether it was a catch for a TD before the holding penalty was revealed....but who knows...:dunno:

So, is Muschamp a hero for beating thUGA, or a goat for losing to App St?

will be interesting to see where the Gamecock PTBs will come down.

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

could not find out who officials were but being that it was a money game for App and at USCe I'm betting it was SEC officials for the game.

but still, seemed questionable that it was  a minute or two while they sorted out whether it was a catch for a TD before the holding penalty was revealed....but who knows...:dunno:

It was an SEC crew. https://appstatesports.com/sports/football/stats/2019/south-carolina/boxscore/6468 

Lee Hedrick started in 2017 with the SEC.

Archived