Blueprint to Beat Bama

AUght2win

1 hour ago, wde1968 said:

What else you suppose to have with a 4th grade QB?

Stidham never took that next step under Gus either. He was a little more polished because he was already developed. Nix has the tools to be good but I don't think he'll learn any new tricks under Gus that he didn't already know. Therefore, mediocre is the beat that he'll probably be. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know one thing you shouldn't do against Bama: punt to their punt returner Waddle. If we allow him to return a punt, whoever is in charge of the punt team should be fired on the spot.

46 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Wasn't Orgeron suppose to be a mistake hire for LSU? Just goes to show you that anyone can win at college football if you recruit talent and develop it. 

Less to do with talent development for Orgeron and more to do with evolving as a coach.  He realized that the power offense wouldn't win the division anymore.  So what did he do?  Went out and changed the whole scheme.  Brought in folks from the Saints and changed everything.

That's why I'm so impressed with him.  He's doing everything our coach won't do, which is look inward, understand that there are better ideas out there, bring those guys in, then let those coaches do their thing.  There's an old saying:

"If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room."

I think Orgeron is living proof of putting that advice into execution and kudos to him for it 

the blue print to beat bama when we are a heavy underdog? EASY. These 2 dudes....... 

55gftr.jpg

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Less to do with talent development for Orgeron and more to do with evolving as a coach.  He realized that the power offense wouldn't win the division anymore.  So what did he do?  Went out and changed the whole scheme.  Brought in folks from the Saints and changed everything.

That's why I'm so impressed with him.  He's doing everything our coach won't do, which is look inward, understand that there are better ideas out there, bring those guys in, then let those coaches do their thing.  There's an old saying:

I think Orgeron is living proof of putting that advice into execution and kudos to him for it 

It makes me sick to have to like this post...but it is 100% true.  Pretty damn sad to think we are being outcoached by friggin Orgeron.  Hire good assistants and let them do their thing...

54 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

the blue print to beat bama when we are a heavy underdog? EASY. These 2 dudes....... 

55gftr.jpg

Tell me that picture ain’t from 2002... it looks like some 80s pics

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

And having Burrow doesn’t hurt...

3 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

When Tua tried it at the end of first half, he threw an interception. Guess it’s not as easy as it looks since he is considered equal to Burrow (although I think Burrow clearly is the best and deserves the Heisman)

No margin for error when throwing over the middle which is why most teams don't do much of it.  Burrow has continued to be unbelievably accurate this year and he does not throw dump passes where the receivers make all the yards after they get the ball.   Despite the yardage LSU got against AU, our guys and coaches did a good job keeping them off the scoreboard. 

PS...by and large the QB makes the coach successful. ..which is one reason that Jimbo has the $75 million contract.....should send part of his check each month to Jameis. 

43 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

And having Burrow doesn’t hurt..

Look at Burrow this year vs last year.  The new passing game coach has changed Burrow's life.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Look at Burrow this year vs last year.  The new passing game coach has changed Burrow's life.

AMAZING.....what good coaching can do.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

55gftr.jpg

It's funny, I think even I could outrun & out jump Robert Johnson but dude could get open & had hands of glue!

TRE!  He's a product of Venice HS, right up the road from us. 😎

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

This ain't Ensminger's offense.  His was the same stagnant thing LSU has run for years.  They went out and brought in a passing game coordinator from the Saints.  He essentially brought the Saints offense to BR.  Ensminger may be calling plays, but this is Sean Payton's offense.

Yeah, really. Cant believe anyone giving Ensminger credit for it. Without Brady, LSU is the same ol crap they have always been on O. Ensminger didnt suddenly become an offensive genius.

9 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:
3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

This ain't Ensminger's offense.  His was the same stagnant thing LSU has run for years.  They went out and brought in a passing game coordinator from the Saints.  He essentially brought the Saints offense to BR.  Ensminger may be calling plays, but this is Sean Payton's offense.

Yeah, really. Cant believe anyone giving Ensminger credit for it. Without Brady, LSU is the same ol crap they have always been on O. Ensminger didnt suddenly become an offensive genius.

I actually don't disagree with y'all but I'll say that at least he's working well with others.

Unfortunately, I can think of a certain Offensive coach who doesn't...

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Tell me that picture ain’t from 2002... it looks like some 80s pics

Even more amazing is to think 2002 was SEVENTEEN years ago!

4 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

Wasn't Orgeron suppose to be a mistake hire for LSU? Just goes to show you that anyone can win at college football if you recruit talent and develop it. 

Wouldn't it be something if Bama heads for Orgeron next...

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

During the broadcast, one of the commentators said, "the blue print to beat bama is there. If you have a passing game that takes advantage of the middle of the field Bama is beatable". 

I thought, well crap.

I’ve said all year Bama was beatable. Their defense is just bad . Heck they let usce score a lot of points. Their game plan was to put score the opponent. When Tua went down that hurt big time. Yesterday you could see he wasn’t 100% and it got him hurt even worse. I don’t think he will be 100% by IB time. But like I said before we match up well because we will be without a doubt and by far the best defense they have seen this year. I doubt we give up more than 20 points against them. The problem we have is the same as we have had all year, can we generate an offense. Against bad teams we have done well. Against good teams we have failed. I think UF defense was probably the best we have saw this year. I don’t think uat defense is as good as UF’s was. Maybe even to LSU’s . So it all comes down to Gus and his play calling. If we lose against uga or uat it’s because of offense and that falls squarely on Gus.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Their fallacy is that Gus might well take Arky. If he loses to uga next week with the prospect of losing to uat he kno s the hot seat will intensify. He would rather it be his choice instead of being fired. Arky will pay high for Gus and make it like a good decision by Gus. And I think AG will be willing to release Gus from his buyback taking the job. Win-Win-Win for all.

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Their fallacy is that Gus might well take Arky. If he loses to uga next week with the prospect of losing to uat he kno s the hot seat will intensify. He would rather it be his choice instead of being fired. Arky will pay high for Gus and make it like a good decision by Gus. And I think AG will be willing to release Gus from his buyback taking the job. Win-Win-Win for all.

Sorry. Not gonna happen. JMHO 

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

K if you say so. 😊 check back with me first week in December 👍

Will do. 

38 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don’t think Arkansas is as big on Gus as some of us may think. 

Archived