Chad Morris Fired!

Sully to Beasley

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

Maybe some people on this forum just like publicly supporting their university and team and players and coaches. Maybe some people on this forum think that is our job as Auburn men and women. Maybe some people on this forum know that what we think or want has absolutely no bearing on whether or not the coach is fired or given an extension. Maybe some people on this forum choose to be "all in" (sorry, I'm old) while the season is in progress. Maybe some people on this forum choose to be excited every single gameday because they know that the season goes by quickly and life goes by quickly and that we should cherish the opportunity to be rabidly passionate about our team. Maybe some people on this forum would rather gripe about things we don't like privately or after the season is over.

I wonder how many on this forum missed the much of the joy that the 2010 season brought because you were too worried about whether Cam would be ruled ineligible. I decided early on that year to relish every game. I choose to do the same thing this year and to receive the joy that being an Auburn fan can bring. Call me sappy or mediocre if you want. I'm excited about the chance of beating the dawgcrap out of UGA. Being an Auburn man brings me great joy. I hope each of you gets the same blessing from Auburn that I do.

Grumps, I think you are the male version of me!!! @ToraGirl are you still on your knees interceding for this team and this coach? They sure could use it!

War Eagle and beat the Dawgs!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Grumps said:

Maybe some people on this forum just like publicly supporting their university and team and players and coaches. Maybe some people on this forum think that is our job as Auburn men and women. Maybe some people on this forum know that what we think or want has absolutely no bearing on whether or not the coach is fired or given an extension. Maybe some people on this forum choose to be "all in" (sorry, I'm old) while the season is in progress. Maybe some people on this forum choose to be excited every single gameday because they know that the season goes by quickly and life goes by quickly and that we should cherish the opportunity to be rabidly passionate about our team. Maybe some people on this forum would rather gripe about things we don't like privately or after the season is over.

I wonder how many on this forum missed the much of the joy that the 2010 season brought because you were too worried about whether Cam would be ruled ineligible. I decided early on that year to relish every game. I choose to do the same thing this year and to receive the joy that being an Auburn fan can bring. Call me sappy or mediocre if you want. I'm excited about the chance of beating the dawgcrap out of UGA. Being an Auburn man brings me great joy. I hope each of you gets the same blessing from Auburn that I do.

Thanks Gumps....outstanding post.....WDE and beat Georgia...

21 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Grumps, I think you are the male version of me!!! @ToraGirl are you still on your knees interceding for this team and this coach? They sure could use it!

@3rdgeneration that prayer burden has been lifted for me for some time...at least in the way you think...and I can't explain why. Please feel free to take over. ❤🦋

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

When I say "come together" I just mean to actually have an honest back and forth....not necessarily that they'll agree.  

I'm sorry that you get into ugly arguments or you get sought out for said arguments.  That's not my intention as I'm just trying to come at things from a different angle than most of these discussions/arguments but if you're gunshy, then okay.  Just thought we could have a conversation.  Obviously I was mistaken.

As to your questions and comments...I checked again and I think my explanations were adequate....people just see things differently and have different experiences and expectations about our coaches and players and life in general I guess.  Lengthy discussions generally don't change opinions if you watch some of the verbal jousting that takes place on this site...page after page of it, often with nobody making a decent defense of their view, just shouting down anyone who disagrees. . .

I'm fine with you and several others..... but it rarely stops there......and next thing I know some others are all over my  case because they disagree and are just 100% certain they know more and I must  be  a dummy for disagreeing with them.   I'll express my views and even expound on them if it comes up but none of the snarky exchanges that go on day after day.      Just saying....by and large it's not worth it and I don't need that in my life.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

As to your questions and comments...I checked again and I think my explanations were adequate....people just see things differently and have different experiences and expectations about our coaches and players and life in general I guess.  Lengthy discussions generally don't change opinions if you watch some of the verbal jousting that takes place on this site...page after page of it, often with nobody making a decent defense of their view, just shouting down anyone who disagrees. . .

I'm fine with you and several others..... but it rarely stops there......and next thing I know some others are all over my  case because they disagree and are just 100% certain they know more and I must  be  a dummy for disagreeing with them.   I'll express my views and even expound on them if it comes up but none of the snarky exchanges that go on day after day.      Just saying....by and large it's not worth it and I don't need that in my life.

10/4 brother. 

God bless & War Eagle to you.

I sincerely hope you enjoy the rest of the season.

12 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

@3rdgeneration that prayer burden has been lifted for me for some time...at least in the way you think...and I can't explain why. Please feel free to take over. ❤🦋

Why? You only pray for the coaches you like? 🤷‍♀️

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

Why? You only pray for the coaches you like? 🤷‍♀️

I cannot believe you went there, sweet friend. If you read the other post I tagged you in, you'll learn more about it. You would not agree with how I pray for Coach Malzahn and Kristi. But we are called to pray for the highest good of those God places upon our hearts. If He releases me from intercession for whatever reason, I don't argue. I am sure you can understand from what we do M-F and my life in co-shepherding a church, to even take a second to pray for a team and its leadership is a gift. Have a great night. 

42 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

This is going to sound like I am just being a suck up, but so be it...I sincerely aspire to be the male version of you!

6 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I cannot believe you went there, sweet friend. If you read the other post I tagged you in, you'll learn more about it. You would not agree with how I pray for Coach Malzahn and Kristi. But we are called to pray for the highest good of those God places upon our hearts. If He releases me from intercession for whatever reason, I don't argue. I am sure you can understand from what we do M-F and my life in co-shepherding a church, to even take a second to pray for a team and its leadership is a gift. Have a great night. 

I applaud you for being open to obeying WHATEVER Holy Spirit leads you to do! I am still working on that!

13 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I read your other post after I posted this.  I did not mean to insult you.  Please forgive me. To me, praying for those we don’t like or have problems with is much harder than praying for those we do like.   I feel like this coach and this team need as much prayer as any previous coach, and I do pray for them. I don’t have any personal connection to anyone on the team. You might. And there may be indirect reasons you want him gone, other than wins and losses, I don’t know.  With your connection to Auburn, you probably “hear” stuff. 🤷‍♀️ I am like Grumps in that I will support this coach and this team until the season is over, then I’ll reevaluate.  Much love and no offense intended. 

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

Name a single coach since Earl Brown (and that was three years) we fired after two.

I don’t see any way Gus survives next year. Some aren’t quite grasping the severity of the situation at OL.

Yeah I was thinking of Chizik, who we fired two after the NC

18 hours ago, AU64 said:

USC fired Lame in the airport and he had to find his own way home I understand.

But I did not see this as #2 but then again, that game was so bad I guess they figured there was anything to lose by doing it now.  

Problem I see for Arky and FSU is that unless you hire an unemployed coach or someone's coordinator, you have to wait until the end of the season to get an experienced coach with any kind of resume'.    

64 did they not even tell him in person but by a really quick phone call?  kiff might be  or have been a moron then but it was classless by usc either. but hell i have not liked usc since oj was only in to stabbing steaks back then.

17 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They are going to get Fleck and move right up ahead of us in the SEC west. 😂

pj just signed a brand new long time deal so why are folks still throwing his name out there?

13 hours ago, Grumps said:

well stated grumps!

11 hours ago, Grumps said:

I applaud you for being open to obeying WHATEVER Holy Spirit leads you to do! I am still working on that!

Me too, my friend...ME TOO!!❤

19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

pj just signed a brand new long time deal so why are folks still throwing his name out there?

Because long term deals only last as long as the next bigger long term deal comes along. 

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

64 we have tied up often and i was not near as nice as you. and you never attacked me personally while i might have not been as generous.if you ever did it was never hardcore.  you earned my respect so i just do not get the hate for you. you are a stand up auburn guy and your support never wavers. why people get ugly because they love their team is something i will never understand. i will always support auburn regardless who the coach is. do i want better? of course i do. most folks that enjoy competitive sports do. i do think it is sad it has to be explained over and over and over.

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Because long term deals only last as long as the next bigger long term deal comes along. 

so you think auburn is going to get reckless with money after their anger with gus and the huge buyout leath gave him? i just do not see it. we would spend twenty or thirty mil buying gus out as well as spending how many mil to buy pj's buyout on top of the salary we would pay him? i just do not see that happening. we better worry about locking steele in as a ton of bama fans want him bad now for some odd reason.lol

32 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Exactly he would be nuts to leave Minnesota for Arkansas. I see him at Notre Dame or possibly Michigan if and when Harbaugh leaves.

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so you think auburn is going to get reckless with money after their anger with gus and the huge buyout leath gave him? i just do not see it. we would spend twenty or thirty mil buying gus out as well as spending how many mil to buy pj's buyout on top of the salary we would pay him? i just do not see that happening. we better worry about locking steele in as a ton of bama fans want him bad now for some odd reason.lol

I don't know what Auburn would do but if they wanted Fleck then a 10 million buyout probably won't stop them. Fleck may not even be interested if the job was open. My point was that a long term deal won't stop it from happening if it was what both sides wanted. 

My hope is that we bring in Morris as OC and let him run the thing.  It seems to be a good fit for him...just fired, they are friends, we need some offensive help, he may just want to be an OC after that experiment at Arky.  

Perhaps, he can talk some sense into Gus and convince him to start modifying and changing his Offensive scheme.  And, make adjustments as needed.  (I'm stretching, I know)

6 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

My hope is that we bring in Morris as OC and let him run the thing.  It seems to be a good fit for him...just fired, they are friends, we need some offensive help, he may just want to be an OC after that experiment at Arky.  

Perhaps, he can talk some sense into Gus and convince him to start modifying and changing his Offensive scheme.  And, make adjustments as needed.  (I'm stretching, I know)

Rumor has it, those were the exact reasons Arky canned Morris....his inability to modify and change his offensive scheme and his refusal to make the needed adjustments.  The Arky brass got sick of it real quick, the fan base revolted and the PTB told him to pound sand and take his "scheme" and stubborn tendencies elsewhere.:dunno:

12 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

What in the world makes you believe Gus would let anyone run the offense? 

Archived