Chad Morris Fired!

Sully to Beasley

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Exactly he would be nuts to leave Minnesota for Arkansas. I see him at Notre Dame or possibly Michigan if and when Harbaugh leaves.

While people have certainly done the unexpected before, I cannot see how Arkansas would be a good move for Fleck.  He is from Big Ten country, and he is building something at a Big Ten program without sky-high expectations.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

so you think auburn is going to get reckless with money after their anger with gus and the huge buyout leath gave him? i just do not see it. we would spend twenty or thirty mil buying gus out as well as spending how many mil to buy pj's buyout on top of the salary we would pay him? i just do not see that happening. we better worry about locking steele in as a ton of bama fans want him bad now for some odd reason.lol

Isn’t getting reckless with money right in our wheelhouse?

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

so you think auburn is going to get reckless with money after their anger with gus and the huge buyout leath gave him? i just do not see it. we would spend twenty or thirty mil buying gus out as well as spending how many mil to buy pj's buyout on top of the salary we would pay him? i just do not see that happening. we better worry about locking steele in as a ton of bama fans want him bad now for some odd reason.lol

If Auburn wants to get rid of Gus, and replace him with someone better and/or proven, getting reckless with the money will be required.  I do not think Auburn would be afraid of Fleck's buyout if he were the desired candidate and wanted the job.

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

pj just signed a brand new long time deal so why are folks still throwing his name out there?

Come on fifty, Auburn can out bid Minnesota at any level. Fleck is a great coach with genuine enthusiasm for life and football. He!!, he’d be @abw0004 with coaching experience.  Who won’t want that for Auburn.

Gus wants to call plays. Any OC will be in title only, even if it's Morris.

Although an offensive staff comprised of Gus at HC along with Freeze and Morris as Co-OC could be interesting.😂

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Although an offensive staff comprised of Gus at HC along with Freeze and Morris as Co-OC could be interesting.😂

Whatever we do, we gotta hide the burner phones. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

You didn't say where that trio needed to be. 😉

Anyone else find the funny the timing of this again?  Just right before the 2 biggest games of the year for AU.  Funny how controversy always seems to bubble up in the media around these big games.....

7 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Cat Fight!!

:popcorn:

Not hardly. I love @ToraGirl and all that she stands for. My wording was not exactly how I should have put it. A knee-jerk reaction and I know better. I can't accuse others of not being careful with their words when I, myself, am not. I just think that this particular coach needs prayers, just like the previous coach did. That's what's on my heart, not hers.

7 hours ago, Strychnine said:

If Auburn wants to get rid of Gus, and replace him with someone better and/or proven, getting reckless with the money will be required.  I do not think Auburn would be afraid of Fleck's buyout if he were the desired candidate and wanted the job.

i certainly hope so. but when was the last time we did that other than gus? and i was never sure about ol bob. some say it was true and some did not.shrugs. i wnt a coach like a marine. mean with the ability to adapt and overcome......lol

Archived