My take on the next 3 weeks

Maverick.AU

UGA and Alabama are both beatable. I worry more about Alabama than UGA due to the skill positions. Alabama with their WR’s and time are scary, not to mention najee Harris, he’s a hoss.

A true DJ, shivers combo could give both of these teams trouble. Stretch the outside and let both of them take advantage of the room inside. Not to mention the Schwartz dynamic. Even with our OL situation, we have the athletes to work around it.

That being said, even with my disdain for Malzahn, I’ll be rooting like hell for Auburn. It would be awesome for these players, especially the guys that came back, if we could honor them.

We have the defense and the skill athletes that we can win these games. We weren’t very confident in 2017 going into UGA and Alabama weeks and then craziness happened. Regardless of the outcome I’m rooting for the guys that have put their everything out there for Auburn, regardless of my feelings about the HC, WDE

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

UGA and Alabama are both beatable. I worry more about Alabama than UGA due to the skill positions. Alabama with their WR’s and time are scary, not to mention najee Harris, he’s a hoss.

A true DJ, shivers combo could give both of these teams trouble. Stretch the outside and let both of them take advantage of the room inside. Not to mention the Schwartz dynamic. Even with our OL situation, we have the athletes to work around it.

That being said, even with my disdain for Malzahn, I’ll be rooting like hell for Auburn. It would be awesome for these players, especially the guys that came back, if we could honor them.

We have the defense and the skill athletes that we can win these games. We weren’t very confident in 2018 going into UGA and Alabama weeks and then craziness happened. Regardless of the outcome I’m rooting for the guys that have put their everything out there for Auburn, regardless of my feelings about the HC, WDE

You mean 2017? 

It really wouldn't surprise me if we beat them both. It would be such a Gus thing to do, but I'm all for it! Keeping both of them out of the CFP while jumping them in the rankings would be great. We'd probably get the Sugar Bowl.

Both are beatable. Our offense (Gus) will need to have made some strides from the Ole Miss game for that to happen. Can't afford multiple consecutive 3-and-outs against either of these teams, just as we couldn't with UF and LSU. 

38 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Both are beatable. Our offense (Gus) will need to have made some strides from the Ole Miss game for that to happen. Can't afford multiple consecutive 3-and-outs against either of these teams, just as we couldn't with UF and LSU. 

Oh, no.

He was just using his vanilla O against OM.:drippingsarcasm7pa:

We could beat one or both of them just like we can lose both of them. My feelings about a coaching change won't differ if we win. Winning would definitely mean Gus is here next year. Just no extensions please. 

35 minutes ago, gr82be said:

We could beat one or both of them just like we can lose both of them. My feelings about a coaching change won't differ if we win. Winning would definitely mean Gus is here next year. Just no extensions please. 

That's not how Auburn works, man.  😁

Georgia will be the most talented defense we faced all year, however o think we have an outside chance to beat them if we can limit their running back whose name escapes me at the moment. Alabama, save for maybe three guys on defense, is better than we are at every position. Going to take a lot of breaks for us to have a chance to beat them.

QB QB QB - I knew when Auburn missed on Kelly Bryant, Nix would more than likely be the starter, and with that it was gonna be some growing pains. Realistically I just could not see Auburn going undefeated with him in his first season. That’s why I was all aboard the Kelly Bryant to AU train. The experience he would have brought to the offense would have been significant. Those costly interceptions on the road against UF and LSU were critical. Not checking to his second reads and forcing the ball where it does not need to be. He will learn from it, but for now it is what it is. I knew Auburn had to steal one on the road and protect home in November to get into the CFP. That was a lot to ask with a True Freshman under center. I’ve seen Auburn where the offense was ahead of the defense 2010 and 2013, and this season the defense is clearly ahead of the offense. Auburn will have to get the Georgia defense moving around and hopefully catch them out of position, and please somebody lay a good lick to Pickens, not dirty just a good hit. Also please score more points than UGA. Thank you.

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Oh, no.

He was just using his vanilla O against OM.:drippingsarcasm7pa:

This, so much. It really is the reason people left early, it was all a ploy. Georgia will never see it coming.

15 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

We have the defense and the skill athletes that we can win these games. We weren’t very confident in 2017 going into UGA and Alabama weeks and then craziness happened. Regardless of the outcome I’m rooting for the guys that have put their everything out there for Auburn, regardless of my feelings about the HC, WDE

I wish we would use Shivers the way that LSU uses #22 in their backfield. He is so dynamic.. get him the ball in space and let him go. 

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

QB QB QB - I knew when Auburn missed on Kelly Bryant, Nix would more than likely be the starter, and with that it was gonna be some growing pains. Realistically I just could not see Auburn going undefeated with him in his first season. That’s why I was all aboard the Kelly Bryant to AU train. The experience he would have brought to the offense would have been significant. Those costly interceptions on the road against UF and LSU were critical. Not checking to his second reads and forcing the ball where it does not need to be. He will learn from it, but for now it is what it is. I knew Auburn had to steal one on the road and protect home in November to get into the CFP. That was a lot to ask with a True Freshman under center. I’ve seen Auburn where the offense was ahead of the defense 2010 and 2013, and this season the defense is clearly ahead of the offense. Auburn will have to get the Georgia defense moving around and hopefully catch them out of position, and please somebody lay a good lick to Pickens, not dirty just a good hit. Also please score more points than UGA. Thank you.

Real question and not snarky)and I know he is hurt) but what has Bryant done at MO that would make us wish we had him?

Playing at uga I think we lose in a manner very similar to the LSU game but maybe even lower scoring. Playing at home I have a lot of confidence. As ugly as the Ole Miss game was they still put up over 500yds of offense. Take away a couple of mistakes and the game isn't close. GM actually called a good game and needs to call two more even better to exceed everyones pre season expectations. This stretch is his chance to prove to me he has developed Nix into a better QB than he was against Oregon. He has proven he can bring in talent and build a competitive program. Now he has to make that next leap and that's the part I am unsure if he can do. 

10 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Real question and not snarky)and I know he is hurt) but what has Bryant done at MO that would make us wish we had him?

I don't think he has been a productive as Mizzu would have liked but their offense is not the perfect offense for him either. It is built more on passing than AU's. He might not have won the Heisman but I do thnk he has a better year under GM than at Mizzu. 

50 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I wish we would use Shivers the way that LSU uses #22 in their backfield. He is so dynamic.. get him the ball in space and let him go. 

Heck I wish we’d use our own #22 too lol

16 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Just for the record, clarification for rooting for Auburn based on who the coach is has never been in my repertoire. 

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Just his experience. Would have given Nix time to develop, get stronger and earn it more. He has played a lot more football and would have been a great fit with the offense, he is mobile and can hit the open man when needed.

In 5 out of last 6 games vs UGA under Gus, AU has scored less than 13 pts and gained under 300 yds of offense. 1-5 in those 6 games. This was in notes from Bryan Matthews. I just don't see how AU musters enough offense to pull this one off.

1 hour ago, CR said:

In 5 out of last 6 games vs UGA under Gus, AU has scored less than 13 pts and gained under 300 yds of offense. 1-5 in those 6 games. This was in notes from Bryan Matthews. I just don't see how AU musters enough offense to pull this one off.

good point.

We have not offensively shown a consistency in moving the ball. We have way too many 5 or less play drives, that puts a lot of pressure on our D and wears them down(See LSU game, FL game...).

If Gus doesn't call some high percentage passes and use some pass routes that create space for our quick and faster WRs for Nix to get into a groove and gain confidence, the FR QB will once again feel pressure in trying to make something happen w/ his arm. 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

good point.

We have not offensively shown a consistency in moving the ball. We have way too many 5 or less play drives, that puts a lot of pressure on our D and wears them down(See LSU game, FL game...).

If Gus doesn't call some high percentage passes and use some pass routes that create space for our quick and faster WRs for Nix to get into a groove and gain confidence, the FR QB will once again feel pressure in trying to make something happen w/ his arm. 

Well if some of our posters are correct and Gus is actually an amazing coach, but only when there is money to be made...

Then due to Arkys open spot again we should see some offensive production that is out of this world.

600 yards vs UGA? Maybe?

7 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Well if some of our posters are correct and Gus is actually an amazing coach, but only when there is money to be made...

Then due to Arkys open spot again we should see some offensive production that is out of this world.

600 yards vs UGA? Maybe?

That is great, Mims. I just invented a mental cartoon strip to go with it!

21 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

600 yards vs UGA? Maybe?

Excited Ronpaul GIF - Excited Ronpaul Itshappening GIFs
Cant Wait Yay GIF - CantWait Yay Excited GIFs

Archived