Gus says he’s staying

PigskinPat

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Gus was specifically hired for his up-tempo, high scoring dynamic offense.

You mean like LSU's current offense?   😊

Some coaches can make adjustments...

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Since when do we give thumbs up for running a clean program? To me the auburn people who say that is vilify their own program. Auburn hasn’t been unclean in football since the days of my infancy. That is the most ridiculous tag line to applaud for.  

Running a clean program is important.  Running a disciplined program is important.  Running a competitive program is important.  Winning is the bottom line.  But you get respect of fans and recruit’s parents by running a clean and disciplined program.  

6 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Running a clean program is important.  Running a disciplined program is important.  Running a competitive program is important.  Winning is the bottom line.  But you get respect of fans and recruit’s parents by running a clean and disciplined program.  

Running a clean program is an expectation. No reason for any coach to get kudos for that. The funny thing is the guys you all proclaim run a dirty program , seems to get all the respect from recruit parents. They also seem to be pretty damn discipline since they are consistently winning as well. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Running a clean program is an expectation. No reason for any coach to get kudos for that. The funny thing is the guys you all proclaim run a dirty program , seems to get all the respect from recruit parents. They also seem to be pretty damn discipline since they are consistently winning as well. 

"Respect from recruit parents" can be a commodity that's bought and paid for. Both in future earnings and less scrupulous methods.

9 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

"Respect from recruit parents" can be a commodity that's bought and paid for. Both in future earnings and less scrupulous methods.

Either way elite recruits keep going to elite programs and discipline programs keep consistently winning. I can’t speak about unfounded rumors and gossips. I can speak to facts and results though 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

We haven't seen that since '14 TAMU

Looked pretty good vs Bammer '14. If we just had defense that could have had a stop on 3rd down a few times. Real head scratcher that Gus did what was needed to correct his team defensively yet can not or will not recognize problems with his own alleged expertise. Obviously takes a certain chemistry to run his scheme successfully.

49 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Looked pretty good vs Bammer '14. If we just had defense that could have had a stop on 3rd down a few times.

Or an offense that could score in the red zone:

Auburn Kicking
  FG PCT LONG XP PTS
D. Carlson 5/5 100.0 33 3/3 18
TEAM 5/5 100.0 33 3/3 18

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Gus was specifically hired for his up-tempo, high scoring dynamic offense.

This ^^^

Gus checks a lot of the boxes.   He’s a good dude and a good ambassador for AU.   But he is no longer able to accomplish the reason for which he was hired.  It’s time.  

On 11/12/2019 at 2:50 PM, abw0004 said:

“I love Auburn," Malzahn said. "Like I said in the past, I love my players, and we got a bright future here. Nothing’s changed.”  For those that wanted to see his full quote.

When he says "future", just how far into the future is he speaking of.

Anyone who thinks by keeping Gus will help our football program has lost their mind. We've heard this same from Gus at the end of each season since he's been head coach. If the BOT's the press and AD him, then we can expect more of the same crappy coaching that he's he's produced since 2014. 12-2, 8-5, 8-5, 7-6, 10-4, 8-5 and looking like its gonna be another 8-5 in 2019 and 2-4 In bowl games for the 7 million dollar a year man.

Our future would be so much brighter with no Gus in 2020. Heck, we might have a real shot at winning the SEC and national championship.

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Looked pretty good vs Bammer '14. If we just had defense that could have had a stop on 3rd down a few times. Real head scratcher that Gus did what was needed to correct his team defensively yet can not or will not recognize problems with his own alleged expertise. Obviously takes a certain chemistry to run his scheme successfully.

True but In our first six trips to the red zone, Auburn settled for five field goals. Alabama was 5-for-5 scoring touchdowns. That’s a difference of 13 points.

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

True but In our first six trips to the red zone, Auburn settled for five field goals. Alabama was 5-for-5 scoring touchdowns. That’s a difference of 13 points.

Pretty sure that is a difference of 20 points, including extra points., unless we did score a TD, then you would be correct. 

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Math is hard!

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Especially for a math major

I'm sure it has changed since your graduation...... circa late 19th century.

17 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I'm sure it has changed since your graduation...... circa late 19th century.

Slightly.....short story I once received a minus 23 on a test and still received a B.....................professor had to grade on a curve I think the best score was a plus 1

35 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Slightly.....short story I once received a minus 23 on a test and still received a B.....................professor had to grade on a curve I think the best score was a plus 1

I think he means the number system has changed since you were younger. Roman numerals and all

38 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Reminds me of my first organic chem at AU. I didn’t turn in the test (which was an option, just increased the value of rest of the tests by 25%); turned out my 45 would have been the highest grade in the class, lol. I couldn’t drop that class fast enough.

Archived