Gus says he’s staying

PigskinPat

If Gus wins 1 or both of UGa & Bama he gets to decide. Routing for him.

There should be a requirement for every delusional poster wanting him gone NOW to state the replacement coach we can get that would do better than Malzahn with our schedule. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

There should be a requirement for every delusional poster wanting him gone NOW to state the replacement coach we can get that would do better than Malzahn with our schedule. 

Right. Because only 

1 LSU

2. Ohio State

3. Clemson

4. Georgia 

can hire assistants and be successful. Anyone not happy with averaging 5 losses a year for the last 5 seasons is obviously just delusional. I mean at least he is above 500 vs MSU. Not just any coach can do that with top 10 talent. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

True but In our first six trips to the red zone, Auburn settled for five field goals. Alabama was 5-for-5 scoring touchdowns. That’s a difference of 13 points.

I said pretty good. Forgot about the red zone problems until you explained the math.....thanks Golf.

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

The list of coaches that would be 9-0 with this team today is a mile long. 

9 hours ago, jAUSon said:

The list of coaches that would be 9-0 with this team today is a mile long. 

Not quite sure about that (LSU). The problem is more GM’s track record headed into this year, not to mention terrible OL hiring decisions and QB development.

58 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I keep reading “what Gus has done with this talent” like he had nothing to do with recruiting the talent on the team. 

That's an acknowledgement of a job half done. Recruiting is important. But so is player development and utilization. Though I guess we could question how well this staff has really recruited at QB, OL and RB.  

On 11/12/2019 at 2:50 PM, abw0004 said:

“I love Auburn," Malzahn said. "Like I said in the past, I love my players, and we got a bright future here. Nothing’s changed.”  For those that wanted to see his full quote.

This is the troubling part.

5 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I keep reading “what Gus has done with this talent” like he had nothing to do with recruiting the talent on the team. 

Huh? What has he done with the top ten talent he is recruiting besides lose to people with equal or more talent at a high rate and win the games against people with lesser talent?

On 11/13/2019 at 12:54 PM, around4ever said:

Running a clean program is important.  Running a disciplined program is important.  Running a competitive program is important.  Winning is the bottom line.  But you get respect of fans and recruit’s parents by running a clean and disciplined program.  

I agree 100%. It is genuinely a nice thing to see and hear all the good things that CGM has brought to the school. I for one am hopefull that he gets a chance to finally put the program over the top. JMO WDE!!

25 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I agree 100%. It is genuinely a nice thing to see and hear all the good things that CGM has brought to the school. I for one am hopefull that he gets a chance to finally put the program over the top. JMO WDE!!

Oh yeah, I mean, he's only had 7 years to put the program over the top. He should get at least 5 more. 

I'm being sarcastic as hell. 

4 hours ago, au701948 said:

image.png

Anyone who thinks by keeping Gus will help our football program has lost their mind. We've heard this same from Gus at the end of each season since he's been head coach. If the BOT's the press and AD him, then we can expect more of the same crappy coaching that he's he's produced since 2014. 12-2, 8-5, 8-5, 7-6, 10-4, 8-5 and looking like its gonna be another 8-5 in 2019 and 2-4 In bowl games for the 7 million dollar a year man.

Archived