Null



Sign in to follow this  
alexava

Here is who I’m supporting.

Recommended Posts





28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Why?

Don't take that as a combative why. Generally interested.

Probably because he is not Joe or Elizabeth or Bernie or any of the other hapless candidates who have no message or plan that the American people will buy into. 

BUT...I see the Hillary campaign is cranking up in a serious way....she just stayed out of the way the past year or so and let the two dozen pretenders spend their money and show the electorate why they need HC ....and not any of them. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Why?

Don't take that as a combative why. Generally interested.

Thoughtful, reasonable, understands middle America.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TexasTiger said:

Thoughtful, reasonable, understands middle America.

Is that who you are supporting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the more centrist candidates on the Democratic side, I like Tulsi Gabbard and Amy Klobuchar.

If I was going with a more leftward candidate, I like Andrew Yang.

That said, I'm likely to be voting third party again in 2020.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Of the more centrist candidates on the Democratic side, I like Tulsi Gabbard and Amy Klobuchar.

If I was going with a more leftward candidate, I like Andrew Yang.

That said, I'm likely to be voting third party again in 2020.

 

Please research Tulsi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TexasTiger said:

Please research Tulsi.

It's not going to matter.  There's still no Democrat I can see myself supporting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

It's not going to matter.  There's still no Democrat I can see myself supporting.

Trump thanks you for your support..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Thoughtful, reasonable, understands middle America.

@bigbird he can win. I’m not sure about Bernie or Warren. Biden can but he’s too old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alexava said:

Trump thanks you for your support..

I'll vote my conscience, which means Trump won't get my vote either, just like he didn't in 2016.

I don't buy the argument that "not voting for __________ is an automatic vote for the other side" any more from a Democrat than I did from all the Trumpkins 3 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'll vote my conscience, which means Trump won't get my vote either, just like he didn't in 2016.

I don't buy the argument that "not voting for __________ is an automatic vote for the other side" any more from a Democrat than I did from all the Trumpkins 3 years ago.

Whether you “ buy” it or not the fact is either trump or the democrat nominee will be potus. In Alabama your vote is no more wasted than mine will be. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Whether you “ buy” it or not the fact is either trump or the democrat nominee will be potus. In Alabama your vote is no more wasted than mine will be. 

I mean, that is true - Alabama will go 75% for Trump no matter who the Democratic nominee is.  But that only reinforces why I won't vote for someone I don't believe in and who advocates policies I find abhorrent.  Why go against my conscience to vote for a candidate that won't win my state when I can vote in line with my values and conscience and have the same end result?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I mean, that is true - Alabama will go 75% for Trump no matter who the Democratic nominee is.  But that only reinforces why I won't vote for someone I don't believe in and who advocates policies I find abhorrent.  Why go against my conscience to vote for a candidate that won't win my state when I can vote in line with my values and conscience and have the same end result?

Why bother then? Oh I know why. Because you have got to go vote for Doug Jones anyway! I might actually be knocking on your door this round. Literally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alexava said:

Why bother then? Oh I know why. Because you have got to go vote for Doug Jones anyway! I might actually be knocking on your door this round. Literally. 

Haha.

I vote because I can.  And because even if I'm not going to vote for the Democrat, I wish to register my disapproval of the GOP nominee for the record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Tulsi on the Dem side. I do like Yang as well, but he does have a stance or two that are a little too progressive for me. 

I like Haley on the Rep side whenever she decides to run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Tommy Tubs?

I was talking about the presidential election. I don’t know who I’ll support for Alabama’s Senate seat yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I was talking about the presidential election. I don’t know who I’ll support for Alabama’s Senate seat yet. 

Bradley Byrne - Not just from the term limits perspective but from the standpoint of he isn't 73 years old and likely to leave congress near the same time as Shelby. This would leave AL without a senior senator. I prefer him over Tubbs for many reasons - mostly because I do not want someone who says I will blindly support/oppose a president. If Sessions wins then I would hope Byrne would take Shelby's seat when it comes available.

If Moore would hop on his pony and ride into the deep end of a pool then Byrne might stand a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Bradley Byrne - Not just from the term limits perspective but from the standpoint of he isn't 73 years old and likely to leave congress near the same time as Shelby. This would leave AL without a senior senator. I prefer him over Tubbs for many reasons - mostly because I do not want someone who says I will blindly support/oppose a president. If Sessions wins then I would hope Byrne would take Shelby's seat when it comes available.

If Moore would hop on his pony and ride into the deep end of a pool then Byrne might stand a chance.

If the GOP primary were tomorrow, I'd probably go with Byrne too.  All of them to some degree seem to be falling all over themselves to prove how much of a Trump rubber stamp they'd be, but I don't think that's Byrne's default instinct.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

If Moore would hop on his pony and ride into the deep end of a pool then Byrne might stand a chance.

I've been wrong about the stupidity of the average GOP voter before, but I think Moore is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many candidates for any of them to gain any real support or apparent traction.

All have their little group of followers which stays about 5-15% and nobody can get even close to a majority....which means IMO that the candidate who can get 25-30 % can outlast the rest of the crowd....like DT did with that bunch of arrogant clueless GOP candidate who decided they would rather be president than right....so DT wins primaries with 35-40%...but enough to eliminate the others.  

I see the same thing happening with HC.  By Feb- March,  many will have dropped out but it will still only take her about 40% to get the nomination. ..   JMO

Edited by AU64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this