I want Mario Cristobal

SKIPPER_01

I said it. 

Mario Cristobal. Head Coach. Football. Auburn University.

1. Played and coached Oline.

2. Has head coaching experience. 5 yrs at FIU (built them from nothing). Plus 2 yrs at Oregon.

3. Coached 4 yrs for Saban at bama

4. Great recruiter. Has spent career recruiting Florida and Alabama.

If we fire Gus....we should hire Cristobal. All the other choices suck.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be surprised if he'd sign up to leave a conference full or softies for the SEC West. 

Also, you're gonna get roasted for starting this thread.

But in terms of him being a good hire, I'd agree. 

15 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Would be surprised if he'd sign up to leave a conference full or softies for the SEC West. 

I wouldn't.

He would be one of my choices for sure...maybe my first

36 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

So u want the guy Gus just beat....interesting take. Very interesting. 

It's been done before. Bowden beat Tuberville and he got the job. Just saying that it has happened. 

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

What about Spurrier or Gruden

What about Ditka?  Jimmy Johnson?  Madden and some turduken?

20 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

No way he leaves Oregon for our crap show, he's about to dominate the PAC 12 for a few years

Ya let’s be honest take off the orange glasses. If your coaching a top 35 team already, why would you leave to go to the most difficult job in the country?

12 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Ya let’s be honest take off the orange glasses. If your coaching a top 35 team already, why would you leave to go to the most difficult job in the country?

Depends. Coaching for money or greatness? Auburn is a ripe landing for an history-maker. 

Could be a meat grinder too.  We have fired one coach after going 20-1-1 in his first 2 seasons and a few games after winning the SECW.  The next coach beat our most hated rival 6 years in a row and ran him off after the next season.  Next coach got fired 2 seasons after winning a national championship.  Everybody's chomping at the bit to fire this one after he has won the SECW (twice), appeared in the NC game, beat the #1 team TWICE in a 3 weeks span a couple of years ago.  Has as many wins against Saban as do Dabo and Freeze.  PTB that meddles in day-to-day football operations.  Sounds like a great place to work!

7 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

Could be a meat grinder too.  We have fired one coach after going 20-1-1 in his first 2 seasons and a few games after winning the SECW.  The next coach beat our most hated rival 6 years in a row and ran him off after the next season.  Next coach got fired 2 seasons after winning a national championship.  Everybody's chomping at the bit to fire this one after he has won the SECW (twice), appeared in the NC game, beat the #1 team TWICE in a 3 weeks span a couple of years ago.  Has as many wins against Saban as do Dabo and Freeze.  PTB that meddles in day-to-day football operations.  Sounds like a great place to work!

And is 6-16 against our three biggest rivals. Not to mention 4-3 against Mississippi State. Just don't see how Auburn could hope to do any better than that.

36 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

And Oregon has cash to match any offer...I personally think he will end up at Miami if Diaz does not work out.

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Poet...did Gus beat Mario or did Auburn's talented young men beat theirs...on any given Saturday? 

4 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

So by that logic you’re saying you’d take Orgeron over Saban? Interesting take. Very interesting.

5 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

So by that logic you’re saying you’d take Orgeron over Saban? Interesting take. Very interesting.

I kinda think I would just for this reason...along the lines of Dabo, I think Coach O's boys would jump through the fire for him...

4 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I kinda think I would just for this reason...along the lines of Dabo, I think Coach O's boys would jump through the fire for him...

Sometimes I think it’s all about fit. If you can find a coach who fits your culture and utilize your resources to its peak, it definitely can work. 

This would be one of the few coaches I’d slide a blank check over to and make him turn us down. He’s probably one of the few established head coaches we’d have a chance at getting instead of taking a swing at an up and comer. He’s an elite recruiter, can coach o line and evaluate line talent which is critical for any league much less the SEC.   #Cristoballin 

4 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

No one is saying he is going to Arkansas. Which is actually one of the most difficult jobs in the country. Auburn is a top 10 ish job. How the hell are we the most difficult job in the country? It is freaking Oregon. We are a much better job than them and always will be.

Archived