Kirby: Pickens picked UGA because "he saw the ability to throw the ball at our place."

TitanTiger

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sully to Beasley said:

The REAL reason Georgie picked Georgia...

Are you the type of Auburn fan that believes we don't play the recruiting game?

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Well in Pickens regard, he was going in with a proven college QB at uga,  with AU he knew Bo, but at the time most thought it could well be Joey or a true freshman with Bo. Yes Bo has put up some numbers now but Pickens was making this decision last fall. Pickens is good but I don’t know he would have started at AU considering the proven talent we have at WR. Give George a break he was making a decision based on his future. 

He screwed around with us and lied to our coaches right up to the last minute.  I ain't giving anyone a break.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Well in Pickens regard, he was going in with a proven college QB at uga,  with AU he knew Bo, but at the time most thought it could well be Joey or a true freshman with Bo. Yes Bo has put up some numbers now but Pickens was making this decision last fall. Pickens is good but I don’t know he would have started at AU considering the proven talent we have at WR. Give George a break he was making a decision based on his future. 

I don’t blame him one bit for making the best decision for him, even if it was at the final hour. I can almost guarantee him and SW would’ve been frustrated because instead of putting both of them on the field, Gus would’ve chosen one to fulfill his specific WR roles.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I don’t blame him one bit for making the best decision for him, even if it was at the final hour. I can almost guarantee him and SW would’ve been frustrated because instead of putting both of them on the field, Gus would’ve chosen one to fulfill his specific WR roles.

I have no problem with him making the best decision for him.. it is the way he did it.. he didn’t need to lie and string along our coaches.. but in the end it is what it is and I hope our guys do not get distracted with him... we need laser focus to have a chance..  agree about his playing time and being on the field.. 

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Are you the type of Auburn fan that believes we don't play the recruiting game?

As Hank Williams Jr. said in the song "The Conversation", that don't deserve no answer hoss, let's light up and just move along.

I knew his Dad. It's my understanding that they wanted to get pickens out of Alabama away from old friends.(New Start)   Not so sure he really wanted to go to Georgia.. 

What's the name of the coverage scheme where Derrick Brown runs off the sideline and flattens a wideout again?

Wouldn't mind seeing that one more time if George motions out wide this week.

22 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

What's the name of the coverage scheme where Derrick Brown runs off the sideline and flattens a wideout again?

Wouldn't mind seeing that one more time if George motions out wide this week.

DB Blitz - the trick is to audibly call it out so that the offense *thinks* you're calling for a Corner or Safety to crash... Of course it'll only only work once before they realize DB doesn't stand for Defensive Back 😁

But back to Pickens... Let's be real, he made a bidness decision and deserves no sympathy or support from the Auburn Family. Not that I wish him any ill will in his career, but I would be more than content if he never catches a single ball against Auburn. Maybe a good lick from Owen Pappoe just in case he manages one. Speaking of...

I'm curious to what some of our younger guys are gonna have to say to him. I have a feeling this game could be one of the more chippier ones in this series...

13 hours ago, fredst said:

I wouldn’t wish ill on anyone......but I wish someone would Rosegreen Pickens sorry a**.

Win or Lose that's all I ask for tbh.

13 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

I'm all for sending messages, but without the attempted murder aspect...

Yeah don't pull a Myles Garrett...sheesh

13 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The problem is with that rationale is Pickens should have also realized at UGA he has no idea who his QB will be in possible year two and definatey year three.  Right now UGA only has one other QB that was a last minute pickup in February.  With Nix, he is pretty much guaranteed to have the same QB his whole college career.  

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

The problem is with that rationale is Pickens should have also realized at UGA he has no idea who his QB will be in possible year two and definatey year three.  Right now UGA only has one other QB that was a last minute pickup in February.  With Nix, he is pretty much guaranteed to have the same QB his whole college career.  

Yep...but KS made the statement and he was just yanking our chain.....and sure got a quick response.

The answer is to play good D and beat the dawgs....and make the trash talk looks foolish. 

That’s right up there with “we beat the dog crap out of them” as far as bulletin board material goes.  Seems like not only a challenge to our DB’s but a challenge to Bo and our receivers as well.  We’ll see how it works out for bowl cut but I hope it comes back to haunt him.  

The biggest problem I have with what GP did was allowing Pappoe to come to his ceremony under the pretense that he was going to be his teammate. I mean...that part gets me. I know he made a biz decision and I am ok with that, but I hope OP gets some payback on that in this game. It's ok though...GP we realize the mistake he made soon enough. 

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I fault NO WR we recruit who does not come here. I mean lets be real. We have no business recruiting as well as we do at that position. Like Ross going to Clemson? Makes complete and total utter sense. It was the right decision for him. BUT GEORGIA?!?! GEORGIA?!?!? They are one of very few teams in the country who like to run as much as Gus does!!!! lol. I just have to laugh at this from bowl cut.

I know this board pumps a lot of sunshine, but Kirby is spot on. I heard it out of the mouth of Picken's father that they chose Georgia because they had a true route tree opposed to Auburn's lack thereof...   and Picken's father is an Auburn fan.

13 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Probably true but these days with these young men it’s all about now. I can’t speak bad about them at that age I was pretty much the same way.

9 hours ago, agent_jack said:

I know this board pumps a lot of sunshine, but Kirby is spot on. I heard it out of the mouth of Picken's father that they chose Georgia because they had a true route tree opposed to Auburn's lack thereof...   and Picken's father is an Auburn fan.

I mean Gus emphasizes he is a run first coach. And pretty much till this year it’s was bubble screens and Hail Marys . He has done a little bit better with slants and such this year . I’m guessing that might be Dilly’s doing though.

9 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

The biggest problem I have with what GP did was allowing Pappoe to come to his ceremony under the pretense that he was going to be his teammate. I mean...that part gets me. I know he made a biz decision and I am ok with that, but I hope OP gets some payback on that in this game. It's ok though...GP we realize the mistake he made soon enough. 

So do you know exactly when George made religion final decision? I don’t. Could have been at his signing. Anyway he didn’t come to AU so I wish him the best except while playing us. WDE

33 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So do you know exactly when George made religion final decision? I don’t. Could have been at his signing. Anyway he didn’t come to AU so I wish him the best except while playing us. WDE

Nope, but I don't care either. Not going to change the way I feel about it. I wish him the best though. No ill will I just think it was shady.

On 11/14/2019 at 6:30 PM, TitanTiger said:

He screwed around with us and lied to our coaches right up to the last minute.  I ain't giving anyone a break.

I can’t care about lying to Gus one bit, especially not after Asa Martin or Joey lol

21 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I can’t care about lying to Gus one bit, especially not after Asa Martin or Joey lol

Guys weren't good enough to start...not Gus's or Lindsey's fault.   They wanted to start and it was not gonna happen at AU.  That's just life in the Power 5. JMO

Archived