Men VS CSUN

GwillMac6

We played pretty good; if some of our guys could maintain their confidence and play like this against the high quality teams like they did this game we'd really have something. 

McCormick played well, he REALLY needs to be able to sustain this in the big match ups. 16/1 is good against whoever you play. My cousin for Tennessee just had a game where he had 14/0. I told him that was like scoring 40 in NBA scouts eyes.

So far the foundation of us being able to play the way we play is because of Amc and Wiley.....unsung heroes that probably won't get their due. I hope the coaches continue to let everybody know how good they really are but it's hard to convince people that can't see it

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cole256 said:

We played pretty good; if some of our guys could maintain their confidence and play like this against the high quality teams like they did this game we'd really have something. 

McCormick played well, he REALLY needs to be able to sustain this in the big match ups. 16/1 is good against whoever you play. My cousin for Tennessee just had a game where he had 14/0. I told him that was like scoring 40 in NBA scouts eyes.

So far the foundation of us being able to play the way we play is because of Amc and Wiley.....unsung heroes that probably won't get their due. I hope the coaches continue to let everybody know how good they really are but it's hard to convince people that can't see it

Is it just Wiley’s size that allows AU to play a certain way or is there something he is doing that I don’t see that helps?

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Is it just Wiley’s size that allows AU to play a certain way or is there something he is doing that I don’t see that helps?

His size plays a part but he's a good rebounder, he's great at banging and boxing out which leads for a bunch of chances with the lanes wide open. He also help keeps guys off A Mac which helps Mac to get a good bit of offensive rebounds

He actually runs very good for his size, but most importantly him and A Mac anchors the defense. They both are aggressive and intimidating, long wing spans and they are like a perfect match up, they complement each perfectly and when only one or the other plays by themselves they still are very effective. 

We couldn't press or I guess I should say it would almost be pointless to pressure the ball aggressively like we do if we didn't defend and rebound the way we do.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

McCormick looked like a final four point guard. His school record 16 assists with only one turnover is remarkable. That record had stood for 43 years. It was set by future NBA guard Eddie Johnson.

That would be Fast Eddie Johnson

On the bright of all this is I enjoyed the game even though it was a cold, rainy night. It was nice seeing the players have a little fun and me having all my finger nails at the end

• ellitor changed the title to Men VS CSUN

Archived