Null



Sign in to follow this  
EagleEye67

2020 Softball season

Recommended Posts

Expecting big things from CMD and the team :)

 

My wife and I will be in our season tickets every weekend this coming season to cheer on our Tigers!   Would be very glad to meet others on this forum who will be there to cheer our girls on to victory :) 

 

WAR EAGLE

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




My wife and I will be in our season ticket seats as well and would enjoy meeting others on this forum.

Just to share the great information on one of AU's most talented future players, I shared this link on one of the other AU treads today.

Enjoy this excellent article updating the summer and this past fall of Jessie Blaine who was one of the US Junior teams players that one the Gold this summer.

https://www.flosoftball.com/articles/6598076-rising-star-auburn-commit-jessie-blaine-is-great-at-just-about-everything?utm_source=newsletter&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_medium=email

War Eagle

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wmsau said:

My wife and I will be in our season ticket seats as well and would enjoy meeting others on this forum.

Just to share the great information on one of AU's most talented future players, I shared this link on one of the other AU treads today.

Enjoy this excellent article updating the summer and this past fall of Jessie Blaine who was one of the US Junior teams players that one the Gold this summer.

https://www.flosoftball.com/articles/6598076-rising-star-auburn-commit-jessie-blaine-is-great-at-just-about-everything?utm_source=newsletter&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_medium=email

War Eagle

I have been following Ms Blaine for about 2 years and from what I can read she is really impressive.   Hope the commitment holds.  I ordered season tickets this year but we live in Birmingham so don't know how many games we will be able to attend.  We can make arrangements to meet as season gets closer.  Staying over for week end games eats away at the wallet but I do enjoy the games.  Believe we have some promising new players this year.  War Eagle.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than the old renderings when the other coaches were at AU, does anyone have knowledge of where we might find renderings or actual visual plans for what our finished product might be relative to the indoor facility being built at Jan B. Moore? When you look at the money that has been spent at LSU on their entire softball complex which included an indoor facility down the first baseline when built. Now, they have opened a new, second indoor performance center for the softball complex in right center field. Just wondering what AU will have. I'm hopeful its not just a bandaid being put on a lack of facility problem we have for softball compared to most of the other SEC programs we must compete against. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on pitching situation as part of  recent article by Mark Murphy.  Looks like KK Dismukes will redshirt this year (injury).  

 

 

"*Senior right-hander Ashlee Swindle and junior lefty Lexie Handley are expected to be Auburn’s primary pitchers this year. I watched them at practice last week and both were throwing with excellent velocity. It looks like Samantha “Sam” Yarbrough, a sophomore transfer from South Alabama, will be the No. 3 pitcher. Yarbrough pitched at Fairhope High where she played on a Class 7A state championship team.

 

Hannah Cavanaugh, a sophomore from Winter Park, Fla., is expected to see spot duty as a change of pace pitcher who relies on breaking pitches.

 

A left-handed pitcher juco transfer who was on the roster in the fall, Bailee Dempsey from Wallace-Dothan, is no longer on the team.

 

19COMMENTS

The team’s other pitcher, freshman K.K. Dismukes, will redshirt this season to recover from an arm injury suffered last season as a high school senior. She was a five-time All-State player at Holtville High and the Gatorade Player of the Year for Alabama last season. She is expected to be a player who hits for the Tigers as well in 2021. She batted .587 with 23 home runs and 70 RBI as a senior."

From going back and reading it appears that Dismukes HS team had injuries to their #2 and #3 pitchers which put a major load on her such that she was injured going into the 4A state championship series and had to be pulled in 1st inning.  Very unfortunate situation.

 

 

 

She batted .587 with 23 home runs and 70 RBI as a senior."

Edited by slot canyon
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

From going back and reading it appears that Dismukes HS team had injuries to their #2 and #3 pitchers which put a major load on her such that she was injured going into the 4A state championship series and had to be pulled in 1st inning.  Very unfortunate situation.

Can't catch a break and we needed one with KK. I'm not familiar with softball pitching injuries, only baseball. Is there a good prognosis or will she have to become strictly a hitter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Can't catch a break and we needed one with KK. I'm not familiar with softball pitching injuries, only baseball. Is there a good prognosis or will she have to become strictly a hitter?

I believe she is expected to pitch in 2021 as well as hit.  You are correct about not catching a break when you consider the change of venue for previously committed Lynch and the transfer of Harris.  Just imagine if we get an injury to one of our current starting pitchers.

Edited by slot canyon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

I believe she is expected to pitch in 2021 as well as hit.  You are correct about not catching a break when you consider the change of venue for previously committed Lynch and the transfer of Harris.  Just imagine if we get an injury to one of our current starting pitchers.

my goodness. So the coaches probably knew this all along? 

Probably thought she might recover through exercises? It's bad when a HS Senior has arm problems. OFC, we don't know what type of injury she had, but evidently it's pretty significant, since it's been almost a year since she evidently hurt it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, slot canyon said:

the transfer of Harris.

That's one I do not understand. Normally when a player transfers there is something that can be pointed to as a reason. If there was an obvious reason for Harris to leave AU, I couldn't see it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's one I do not understand. Normally when a player transfers there is something that can be pointed to as a reason. If there was an obvious reason for Harris to leave AU, I couldn't see it.

 

Remember, she had been recruited by Meyers, even when he was out in Arizona. That's how long these coaches start a relationship w/ players with camps and such. Meyers came to Auburn, she followed him to Auburn. 

He left. She left. Many have done the same, especially if they never developed a history w/ Dean in HS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was tweet from Harris in June of last year after entering transfer portal: " if it was the coaching staff it would have been said in our farewells... not everything is about other people, it’s about what is doing what’s best for OURSELVES sometimes... war eagle forever" 

 
💙

(you’re the best 4)"  Also, seems I recall her having some complimentary things to say about CMD during the season.

Also June 19 2019 tweet by Swindle in box below.

Might also consider Louisville only about 5 hour drive from her home as compared to about 12 hr from Auburn.  Wish her luck and respect her reasons for transfer.

Image

Edited by slot canyon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's one I do not understand. Normally when a player transfers there is something that can be pointed to as a reason. If there was an obvious reason for Harris to leave AU, I couldn't see it.

 

Common denominator. Either CCM or CMD. Your choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I think Tissier should be a redshirt sophomore, am I wrong?  She missed a season with that leg injury.

I failed to catch that.  She is listed on the current roster as a junior but she did not play last year; so as far as her softball status I would think she is a redshirt sophomore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 10:20 AM, OlderWhiskey said:

Dean will be on Tiger Talk tonight at 6.

 

As follow up to above, you can see/hear replay of the above off the AU Softball facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/AuburnSoftball   just a short scroll down the page.  Good info about the facilities upgrades.  He continues to indicate that KK Dismukes is not ruled out for this season.  I believe you can also link the Coach Lenti and Coach Rojas short interviews.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this