2020 Softball season

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Outstanding performance by the young lady.  Look what Dean found!

With Yarbrough, Handley, Dismukes and newcomers for next year I have a feeling it will be a good year..

The 2020 season getting cancelled could have some positives. I think Auburn’s pitching situation this year was a disaster except for how great Yarbrough did, but the rest of the pitching staff wasn’t doing good and would have resulted in a lot of blow out L’s. 
Now we can avoid an up and down 2020 season full of criticism of CMD and his system/coaching. And skip to 2021 where Dean has two top-tier lights out pitchers coming in and KK can have almost a year to recover her arm some more. 2021’s going to be a great year for softball and even if our offense isn’t clicking too well in a SEC weekend series with how great our pitching staff will be I think our teams going to do really well and win a lot of games.

I could not agree more @auburnfan247 .

If Rivera and either Tannon or Justus return, it could set us up for a decent hitting lineup. I hope a few current freshman can take a step forward, and the addition of new players in the 2020 class will not hurt. 

It would not surprise me if Dismukes receives a medical redshirt for the 2020 season and have 4 years to play. A full year of recovery and development can’t hurt. If that happens, it would not surprise me if one of the freshman redshirts next year. But either way a staff of Yarbrough, Handley, Dismukes, Penta, and Lowe will be pretty solid. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 6:45 PM, Jad0003 said:

I could not agree more @auburnfan247 .

If Rivera and either Tannon or Justus return, it could set us up for a decent hitting lineup. I hope a few current freshman can take a step forward, and the addition of new players in the 2020 class will not hurt. 

It would not surprise me if Dismukes receives a medical redshirt for the 2020 season and have 4 years to play. A full year of recovery and development can’t hurt. If that happens, it would not surprise me if one of the freshman redshirts next year. But either way a staff of Yarbrough, Handley, Dismukes, Penta, and Lowe will be pretty solid. 

You may get your wish.  From the free site:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/At-least-5-Auburn-softball-seniors-to-return-next-season-146028388/

Archived