BJCrawford

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Sounds really bad now....latest info is Tua was airlifted to Birmingham 

Prayers. I hate this...for any player.

22 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

Just saw on Facebook that Tua’s injury is similar to Bo Jackson’s.

Think that's what the announcers weren't hoping...I wasn't home at the time but my husband said he thought he saw the backup ready to go in. Then Tua whispered in Coach Saban's ear and Tua went back in. Then, the injury. Is that what happened? 

12 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Think that's what the announcers weren't hoping...I wasn't home at the time but my husband said he thought he saw the backup ready to go in. Then Tua whispered in Coach Saban's ear and Tua went back in. Then, the injury. Is that what happened? 

Saban said it was Tua’s last series and they were practicing the 2 min offense when he got hurt.

Now saban is calling it a "freak injury"? Anything besides, "yes i had no business having him in the game". No contact injury on the football field is a freak injury. A freak injury would have been Tua getting injured standing on the sideline where he should have been, not getting tackled.

4 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

But he wasnt hurt on the 1st play. What does that have to do with anything. Youre up 35-7 on a terrible defensive team, and your already injured QB is still in the game. Stupid coaching...more worried about working on your 2 minute drill late in the season than being smart enough to protect your prized QB. lil nicky got what he deserved at Tua's expense.

What if he got hurt on the first play? What would be your answer then? I think most everyone new he would play the first half and sit the second but hey, it is a contact sport.

You guys have a better chance to win now. I am sure you are happy about the injury.

11 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

What if he got hurt on the first play? What would be your answer then? I think most everyone new he would play the first half and sit the second but hey, it is a contact sport.

You guys have a better chance to win now. I am sure you are happy about the injury.

E-Town, seriously, NO.  I have been grieving and praying for him/his family/team, actually, all afternoon.  That's not typical for a rivalry, but he's a great kid.  No one wants to see this kind of injury and its effect.  I am really so very sorry.  It's being compared to Bo's, so the Auburn Family can feel a bit of that pain for you all.  Things will unfold as they should in two weeks.  Take care.

42 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Nope.  Injuries to opposing players don’t make anyone over here smile.  I imagine everyone here is hoping for a complete recovery and praying it isn’t career ending.  

They’re kids.  As much as I enjoy a UAT loss, I want every player in one piece at the end of the game. 

As someone that suffered a broken hip, believe me....I FEEL his pain. Prayers up

1 hour ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I understand that possibility but

1.  he's been gimpy for several games and has been easier to track down by defenders when he is on the run....making him more vulnerable and he's taken some hits because of his lack of mobility. .

2. bama did not need him in this game to win it handily and  would have been wise to give his ankle another week to heal and beat MSU by 5 TDs anyway.. 

JMO but the push by NS/bama  to win the "eye test" for the playoff selection committee cause NS to play him when it would have been prudent to sit him.  :dunno:  I agree it was a fluke but he's not been 100% for a while which probably increased the probability of an injury.   Hate it for Tua...but the adults in the room should have used better judgment.

• WarTiger changed the title to alabama at Mississippi State

Archived