I'm done.

TitanTiger

Fire him tonight.  Make Steele interim.  Go get Cristobal or Bob Stoops for next year.  Tired of seeing inept offense from a guy hired to field dynamic offenses.  Whether it's a failure of recruiting, evaluation, play calling, game planning or some of all of it, it's just not working and it's not going to get better.

EDITED TO ADD:  

Two points of clarification since people don't read context...

1.  I'm not done with Auburn, I'm done with Gus.

2. This was posted when we were down 21-0 and looking left for dead.  I fully realize that won't happen after we made it a game.

Carry on...

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TitanTiger said:

Fire him tonight.  Make Steele interim.  Go get Cristobal or Bob Stoops for next year.  Tired of seeing inept offense from a guy hired to field dynamic offenses.  Whether it's a failure of recruiting, evaluation, play calling, game planning or some of all of it, it's just not working and it's not going to get better.

Me too. This is the best he can do.

100% correct it absolutely will not get any better, Next year with an new OL and no DL studs we will be lucky to go 7-5.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

We need to give Joe Brady a call 

For offensive coordinator?  Yes.  I'm not up for giving first time head coaches their first shot.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Fire him tonight.  Make Steele interim.  Go get Cristobal or Bob Stoops for next year.  Tired of seeing inept offense from a guy hired to field dynamic offenses.  Whether it's a failure of recruiting, evaluation, play calling, game planning or some of all of it, it's just not working and it's not going to get

I'm kinda thinking that this path forward might actually come to fruition...if not tonight then announced tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

For offensive coordinator?  Yes.  I'm not up for giving first time head coaches their first shot.

He'll be retained by LSU, I'm afraid. Ensmimger is on the way out and they'll pay Brady handsomely after this season.

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

He'll be retained by LSU, I'm afraid. Ensmimger is on the way out and they'll pay Brady handsomely after this season.

I know.  My point was - I'm not hiring a first time head coach who is about to complete his first season as a college coordinator.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Because I want actually better.  Not much worse isn't the bar.

Who could we realistically get? Would Cristobal really come here? Not trying to be rhetorical, just curious.

16 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Don't think it's recruiting. That's the one thing I think Gus is good at. It's his use of personnel and in game coaching where he absolutely sucks

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

Don't think it's recruiting. That's the one thing I think Gus is good at. It's his use of personnel and in game coaching where he absolutely sucks

Yes it is. Stems from his decision to re-hire and keep Grimes.

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

It is at key positions on offense.  Bad eval/recruiting at QB most years.  Terrible OL recruiting.  Big gaps in recruiting at RB.

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We also know that changing the offensive coordinator won't change anything.  To make a real change Malzahn needs to go.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Who could we realistically get? Would Cristobal really come here? Not trying to be rhetorical, just curious.

Yes, I believe he would.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

We also know that changing the offensive coordinator won't change anything.  To make a real change Malzahn needs to go.

Yes #1 priority is Gus gone.

4 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

It will eventually be recruiting.  They see also. 😪

2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I meant under Cristobal or Stoops.

A good/great head coach/CEO is able to adapt to his personnel. He does not run the whole show on either side of the football. He lets his coordinators do it and recruit!. If that means changing coordinators/philosophy every 2,3,4 years, then so be it. Gus is stuck to his system and is predictable as the sunrise.

Archived