I'm done.

TitanTiger

Just now, TitanTiger said:

We tried that.  It's why he "handed off" play calling to Rhett and then hired Lindsey.  He's incapable of staying out of it.  You're delusional if you think they can make him do it now.

It's really strange how stubborn he is.  I can't comprehend how he doesn't understand his offense just doesn't work anymore.  

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We’re not going to fire Gus BUT

if the BOT can force his ass to stay out the way and we hire whoever the Saints got to replace Joe Brady.....

I don’t understand why that psycho can’t acknowledge how pathetic his offense is and how feeble he is in fixing it.  I know Nix hasn’t been good 94% of the year. I know the OL is awful run blocking. But you have supple evidence in the situations where those two units succeed. A 49M HC SHOULD BE ABLE TO ADJUST TO THAT 

They will have to fire him before that s*** happens. He’s said before he’s never giving up the play calling again, not to mention he’s the reason our OL recruiting. Has been so bad 

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

But hopefully Monday after the IB.

That was my prediction over a year ago.

1 minute ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Titan - I recall posting virtually this exact thing in 2015 and you were an absolute ass about it. Gus was our wonderful head coach, he was the best thing ever, etc. I believe you said something to the effect of "maybe this board just isn't for you" or something of that nature. Nice to see you again.

Forgive me for not feeling the same way in Year Three as I do in Year Seven?  

You really need a life.

Forgive me for not feeling the same way in Year Three as I do in Year Seven?  

You really need a life.

Maybe the internet just isn't for you

Just now, Sani-Freeze said:

Titan - I recall posting virtually this exact thing in 2015 and you were an absolute ass about it. Gus was our wonderful head coach, he was the best thing ever, etc. I believe you said something to the effect of "maybe this board just isn't for you" or something of that nature. Nice to see you again.

Yes that some of our problem we want to go beyond being kind sometimes. We should just start telling a coach up front for 7 million we expect to be in the playoff regularly, if that’s a problem for you then we suggest you try down at Troy or Sanford. 

2 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Maybe the internet just isn't for you

Yeah, maybe.  Or maybe it's far more reasonable to not fire a coach in his third season, just two years removed from a BCS title game, but it it's completely reasonable to do so after seven seasons.

But glad to know I've had a room rent-free in your head the last four years.

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

That was my prediction over a year ago.

It actually happened but someone decided to give him an extra year just to save a few bucks and a board members reputation. 

Yeah, maybe.  Or maybe it's far more reasonable to not fire a coach in his third season, just two years removed from a BCS title game, but it it's completely reasonable to do so after seven seasons.

But glad to know I've had a room rent-free in your head the last four years.

Didn't call for his firing in 2015. I said he didn't have what it takes to be a successful head coach. 

Now I'm calling for his firing.

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

Well.

No Tua in the Iron Bowl?

We better win.

But that means.

Another few seasons with Gustav.

"Choose wisely."

No. It pushes us another year closer to the end of his contract. Make no mistake. He's gone. It's his last contract.

Just now, Sani-Freeze said:

Didn't call for his firing in 2015. I said he didn't have what it takes to be a successful head coach. 

Now I'm calling for his firing.

Ok.

39 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Rumor floating out there, I know I've read it, that Gus has to win one of the top four on the 2019 schedule...Florida, LSU, Georgia, Alabama...in order to stay. I'll just leave it here.

That should be for every season....minimum. Especially in year 7.

44 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Speaking of coaching, I mentioned it in the game thread, but it was first mentioned several weeks ago. Our TB's have a "tale" when we are running the football. They always bunny hop. If they stand flat footed, it's either a pass or QB keeper. Of note, we had a "tale" either last year or two years ago concerning our TB's and how they line up. A DC worth their rear will pick this up. That's just poor coaching.

The better defensive coaches are recognizing something, likely a lot of things.

They just have Gus figured out.

He has done his best, he can leave a clean program whose cupboard isn’t bare. 
Thank you for all you did and tried to do, coach!

But it’s just time to go.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We tried that.  It's why he "handed off" play calling to Rhett and then hired Lindsey.  He's incapable of staying out of it.  You're delusional if you think they can make him do it now.

They can if they actually enforce he’ll be fired and not give him an extension just for beating his rivals. They need to let Greene enforce things and stay out the way 

2 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

That should be for every season....minimum. Especially in year 7.

Agreed. Seems minimal to me, too. No one ever made it public to my knowledge what the short-leash benchmarks or dealbreakers were to be, but I've seen this in several places. It's wait and see time, but the temps are rising for the PTBs, as well. 

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

It'd be a promotion for him. He'd be insane not to take it if offered.

He may not want that role at this point in life though.  He can retire any time he wants.

Archived