I'm done.

TitanTiger

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They can if they actually enforce he’ll be fired and not give him an extension just for beating his rivals. They need to let Greene enforce things and stay out the way 

Hahah he will say fire me sir and pay

me. We don’t have the upper hand here. 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Holy crap, how much more do you need to see?

Enough to say that I am 50/50,  pretty bad when it comes from someone that has made Auburn a part of their life and career. 

What does it matter tonight?  You are "Done".

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

They will have to fire him before that s*** happens. He’s said before he’s never giving up the play calling again, not to mention he’s the reason our OL recruiting. Has been so bad 

We’re not firing him until next offseason at the most I think 

2 minutes ago, Shady Hollow AU said:

The better defensive coaches are recognizing something, likely a lot of things.

They just have Gus figured out.

He has done his best, he can leave a clean program whose cupboard isn’t bare. 
Thank you for all you did and tried to do, coach!

But it’s just time to go.

100% ^^^^^^

Better DC's figured out Gus in the summer of 2013.They all basically went base defense and had everyone watch their reads. We just out athlete the teams we beat. There are exceptions, but very few.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

It'd be a promotion for him. He'd be insane not to take it if offered.

I think he'd care enough about the kids with whom you know he's built strong relationships to say, "Sure, for now. But interim only."

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Enough to say that I am 50/50,  pretty bad when it comes from someone that has made Auburn a part of their life and career. 

What does it matter tonight?  You are "Done".

I'm done with Gus.  Not sure what about my post would be confusing on that point.  Context matters.

What would he have to do to get over 50%, murder someone at Toomer's?

Just now, DAG said:

Hahah he will say fire me sir and pay

me. We don’t have the upper hand here. 

Then they have tangible reason to fire him. Win win. I don’t know what they’re looking for to fire him but that could be the start we need 

They can if they actually enforce he’ll be fired and not give him an extension just for beating his rivals. They need to let Greene enforce things and stay out the way 

They just need to follow what the told him last year when the foolishly gave him another year. “ win or go home” time for Gus to go home. No more excuses. No more next years. 

We’re not firing him until next offseason at the most I think 

And that’s damage towards the PTB at AU, if they are willing to take that backlash and the continued running down of a program then good for them

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That's not going to happen because he's got them by the balls - the buyout.  He can do what he wants and get paid $20 million if they fire him for meddling.

Then they have tangible reason to fire him. Win win. I don’t know what they’re looking for to fire him but that could be the start we need 

They could fire him now. It will be no different. At the end of the day, he is going to do what the hell he wants especially now since he has all the chips in his corner. 

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He may not want that role at this point in life though.  He can retire any time he wants.

But. If that's the caliber of HC candidates we're looking at...:vomit:

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That would never stand in a million years as a "for cause" firing.  You're dreaming if you think this scheme will work.

Just now, DAG said:

They could fire him now. It will be no different. At the end of the day, he is going to do what the hell he wants especially now since he has all the chips in his corner. 

He never struck back against them, that’s what I’m saying. He’s always played ball with what they’ve wanted. 

Just now, AUwent said:

But. If that's the caliber of HC candidates we're looking at...:vomit:

What caliber exactly do you think we're capable of getting?  Not just right now, but at anytime really?

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

How we lost today is substantially better than a blowout for Gus’s case

He. Only. Made. It. A. Game. Against. A prevent. Defense. If the people in charge don’t see that then we have the wrong people making the decisions

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Actually better because folks like FSU are already on the market . If we want a winner we need to be moving now. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

That would never stand in a million years as a "for cause" firing.  You're dreaming if you think this scheme will work.

This entire thread and the majority of this forum as of right now is people dreaming, what’s your point? You’re not actually done, we’re going to both be posting here in two weeks, and we’re all going to be watching this team next season when Gus is here. 

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And that’s damage towards the PTB at AU, if they are willing to take that backlash and the continued running down of a program then good for them

That's right. They're on the hot seat, too...especially for future donations...

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What caliber exactly do you think we're capable of getting?  Not just right now, but at anytime really?

You said you thought we could get MC or BS.

Archived