I'm done.

TitanTiger

12 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

It hasn't hit that point. No matter the whining and crying from admins and mods on this board.

Gus isn't good enough for what Auburn wants, but his buyout is enough for mediocre seasons to stave off the gigantic payoff for firing him. They'll be cool with these "decent" seasons until there isn't such a hefty $$$ amount to getting rid of him... only thing that'll hasten it is a 50% or less season.

I'm gonna have to disagree. His buyout was larger last season and he almost got fired. This season was his last chance. If he loses to Bama, he'll have lost to the big 3 again. Mark Richt and Les Miles were fired for mediocre coaching, and I consider them far superior coaches to Gus.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, caleb1633 said:

I'm gonna have to disagree. His buyout was larger last season and he almost got fired. This season was his last chance. If he loses to Bama, he'll have lost to the big 3 again. Mark Richt and Les Miles were fired for mediocre coaching, and I consider them far superior coaches to Gus.

That's my bad then, you got a link to this "almost fired" news?

I must have missed it... please link me the AD or someone else in a high position saying they were about to fire Gus last year.

BTW; Les is a joke too, and is similar to Gus in a ton of ways. Richt was/is a better coach so we agree on that. But I've never heard anyone in a position of power at AU say they were ready to pay Gus a crap ton to sit on the couch. Again, my first post wasn't about how people "feel" but about the actual moves they are willing to pull.

2 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

That's my bad then, you got a link to this "almost fired" news?

I must have missed it... please link me the AD or someone else in a high position saying they were about to fire Gus last year.

BTW; Les is a joke too, and is similar to Gus in a ton of ways. Richt was/is a better coach so we agree on that. But I've never heard anyone in a position of power at AU say they were ready to pay Gus a crap ton to sit on the couch. Again, my first post wasn't about how people "feel" but about the actual moves they are willing to pull.

It is a well-known fact that our boosters nearly paid the buyout last year to get him fired. What I understand is that only one booster stood in the way of making it happen. Just because it isn't official news released by the athletic department doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm sure there are many on this board who can confirm what I have stated.

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

It is a well-known fact that our boosters nearly paid the buyout last year to get him fired. What I understand is that only one booster stood in the way of making it happen. Just because it isn't official news released by the athletic department doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm sure there are many on this board who can confirm what I have stated.

Again, I never said it didn't happen... I just asked for some sort of evidence.

And I'm sure rich folk, just like us common folk are pissed about Gus's ineptitude on offense.

I just think that for people who have millions invested, they might be a bit more apt to put up with this current BS offense for another year to lessen the financial burden than us at home with no real skin in the game.

11 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Again, I never said it didn't happen... I just asked for some sort of evidence.

And I'm sure rich folk, just like us common folk are pissed about Gus's ineptitude on offense.

I just think that for people who have millions invested, they might be a bit more apt to put up with this current BS offense for another year to lessen the financial burden than us at home with no real skin in the game.

They seemed pretty willing to pay more money based off less ineptitude last year. @TitanTiger already said it himself: Gus is most likely a dead man walking. If he loses to Bama, I don't think there's any way he survives.

I'm flat out done with Gus. Hopefully the powers at be will make a head coaching change very very soon. We can't go more years with this guy our teams to more 8-4 regular season records. Another 8-4 record is what this team is headed towards.

All those people who flamed, bashed, gave negative reputation to those of us who saw the writing on the wall and were done with this madness after the 2016-17 season are now somehow, magically, on board with pulling the Gus Bus out into the back forty and blowing it back to oblivion. All I have to say to them is this:

ABOUT.DANG.TIME!

Let's hope the PTB hear the forlorn cry of their donors, alum, and supporters withering away in the wasteland ....

6 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

They seemed pretty willing to pay more money based off less ineptitude last year. @TitanTiger already said it himself: Gus is most likely a dead man walking. If he loses to Bama, I don't think there's any way he survives.

There were those ready to write the checks last year but Harbert and Leath stopped it.  Leath is obviously gone and I get the sense that Harbert doesn't have as much pull this go around.  Whether that translates into pulling the trigger is yet to be seen.  Had that 21-0 score held, I think it would have been a foregone conclusion.  Now I think it simmers until after the Iron Bowl.  But that's just me reading tea leaves and nothing more.

To anyone who actually thinks we're going to beat Alabama even when they don't have Tua ... please give me what you're smoking. Tua playing or not playing has no bearing on our offense and our head coach. We only scored 14 points against Georgia and the only reason we scored is because they went into a soft, prevent defense. The second they started running their D again, we went 4 and out and Bo got sacked. Take the 6 best teams we've played this year (and yes, I'm adding in Ole Miss and Tulane because apparently we make them look GOOD) and we have scored 27, 24, 13, 20, 20, and 14 points for an average of 21.4 points per game. That puts us at 119th out of 130 teams ... Let that sink in ladies and gentleman.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

To anyone who actually thinks we're going to beat Alabama even when they don't have Tua ... please give me what you're smoking. Tua playing or not playing has no bearing on our offense and our head coach. We only scored 14 points against Georgia and the only reason we scored is because they went into a soft, prevent defense. The second they started running their D again, we went 4 and out and Bo got sacked. Take the 6 best teams we've played this year (and yes, I'm adding in Ole Miss and Tulane because apparently we make them look GOOD) and we have scored 27, 24, 13, 20, 20, and 14 points for an average of 21.4 points per game. That puts us at 119th out of 130 teams ... Let that sink in ladies and gentleman.

31BFB543-6915-41AA-B096-2489C6E9A00B.jpeg

11 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Just saw the stats. Georgia had 251 yards of total offense and went 3 and out 9 times.  Another magnificent defensive effort wasted.  If we had any competent offense we win that game easily. 

Should have been a blow out with that defensive performance.

10 hours ago, Shady Hollow AU said:

The better defensive coaches are recognizing something, likely a lot of things.

They just have Gus figured out.

He has done his best, he can leave a clean program whose cupboard isn’t bare. 
Thank you for all you did and tried to do, coach!

But it’s just time to go.

You think?

Last nights 4th and 2...

upload-2019-11-16-20-36-15.png

10 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Didn't get to watch the game...

Consider yourself lucky

image.pngwhen I watched the replay, if and it’s a big if, Whitlow hadn’t been hit by 77 and turned and cut back left he could have gained some yardage.  I’m sure the design was to go the right and really not sure who 77 was trying to block or if Whitlow was too quick on trying to get to the hole.   The way it turned out was absolutely horrible.  

I think I saw the stat that Fromm had just over 130 or so passing yards.   Never would have thought AU would lose with that stat 

image.png

5 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

image.pngwhen I watched the replay, if and it’s a big if, Whitlow hadn’t been hit by 77 and turned and cut back left he could have gained some yardage.  I’m sure the design was to go the right and really not sure who 77 was trying to block or if Whitlow was too quick on trying to get to the hole.   The way it turned out was absolutely horrible.  

I think I saw the stat that Fromm had just over 130 or so passing yards.   Never would have thought AU would lose with that stat 

Or hand it to Schwartz or run a HB wham to the left.

Center block down, LG climb to LB, LT kick out, HB pull into the hole, Boobee follow...

48 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Anyone who watches our games or any film on us know when we go wildcat, the ball is going to the right. They also know when we line up in the pistol and the TB shifts to either the right or left of Bo and bunny hops, it’s a give to the TB. 

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Center block down, LG climb to LB, LT kick out, HB pull into the hole, Boobee follow...

Or be savvy enough to find ways to keep your former 2nd string QB on the roster who would be uniquely talented for situations like this where a true run/pass option would increase your chances for success greatly. 

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Exactly.  8 defenders to the right of our Center and 3 to the left with one of those 3 covering the WR who can take him out of the play.  What do we do?  What we always do in the wildcat, run to the right where the HBack is lined up.   The DCs know exactly what our tendencies are and this is a perfect example.  This is where the QB has to be able to call an audible on the fly. 

10 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

If Gus loses to Bama in a couple of weeks, he'll be a whopping 6-15 against our big 3 rivals LSU, UGA and Bama. 

How many millions are we paying him again?

6-16. Don’t give him any undue credit. 
2-5 LSU

2-6 UGA

2-5 turds (assuming). 

Just now, doug3020 said:

6-16. Don’t give him any undue credit. 
2-5 LSU

2-6 UGA

2-5 turds (assuming). 

True...I should have said regular season record.  Conveniently forgot about the embarrassing SECCG debacle after we completely throttled the Dawgs a few weeks earlier.

I feel all of the depression, frustration, hopelessness, etc. being expressed on this thread as well as all the other threads.

But unless you are rich enough to be one of the PTB....there's nothing we can do about it.

Except maybe not go to the games or watch them on TV.

Sigh..... There's gonna be a lot of 11 am games next year.

2 hours ago, countoff said:

I feel all of the depression, frustration, hopelessness, etc. being expressed on this thread as well as all the other threads.

But unless you are rich enough to be one of the PTB....there's nothing we can do about it.

Except maybe not go to the games or watch them on TV.

Sigh..... There's gonna be a lot of 11 am games next year.

Fan apathy is going to be so high next year if he stays...it's going to be too much to ignore for the PTB. There is no way he survives next year.

Four of our last five coaches' last years were leap years. Just sayin'.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

There were those ready to write the checks last year but Harbert and Leath stopped it.  Leath is obviously gone and I get the sense that Harbert doesn't have as much pull this go around.  Whether that translates into pulling the trigger is yet to be seen.  Had that 21-0 score held, I think it would have been a foregone conclusion.  Now I think it simmers until after the Iron Bowl.  But that's just me reading tea leaves and nothing more.

Not doubting you but this is so.....WHY?!?!

Did 6-1/2 minutes of production against a clearly complacent squad, playing prevent defense really make these money-men stop and say "hold on, maybe Gus DOES still have it"?

Are a couple of OUR board members P'sTB at Auburn?   That's the only thing that would make sense...

45 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Not doubting you but this is so.....WHY?!?!

Did 6-1/2 minutes of production against a clearly complacent squad, playing prevent defense really make these money-men stop and say "hold on, maybe Gus DOES still have it"?

Are a couple of OUR board members P'sTB at Auburn?   That's the only thing that would make sense...

Look I’m just guessing. I think there are some ready to roll but others will wait for the IB 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Look I’m just guessing. I think there are some ready to roll but others will wait for the IB 

Yeah, I hear you and have no doubt you're actually right.

I just can't understand "their" way of thinking, that being the case.

But again, I believe you're right.......unfortunately. 

Getting beaten at home again by a Bama team whose D allowed 46 pts to LSU, QB'ed by Mac Jones and Tua's little brother oughta be enough to hand Gus his walking papers before he leaves Pat Dye Field. 

Archived