Georgia Postgame Thread

SCTiger2011

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

First time I’ve felt bad for Nix this season. I think he had to make that throw to really rewrite the story of this game. The Seth TD allowed him to change the narrative of the Oregon game, but history isn’t going to remember all of that 4th quarter. Guy absolutely needs to learn how to set his feet this offseason, i think it’s holding him back even more than nerves at this point 

I agree. He looks good when he does set his feet, but is terribly inaccurate when he isn't. My offseason for him would be learning how to set his feet and how to climb the pocket. Those are his two biggest issues right now. He bails out from the pocket instead of climbing it way too much. 

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

He had a stone drop that would have been a first down at one point. He was xx also wide open on a sluggo routwhen Nix stares down Seth for an incompletion on one I remember 

Yep

5 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I know some feel good about the positive signs the offense showed in the late 4th, But how much of that was how Georgia was playing us? Was the late success a false positive?

I have noticed in other games as well as this one... that when we go into the true hurry up where we line up and just snap the ball .. the offense is more efficient but when we slow it down and make checks and look to the sideline.., welp.. Georgia was in a zone d but they played some zone earlier as well.. they had 2 deep safeties early in the game and we still could not run the ball. They were daring us to run and we couldn’t open holes, or make blocks for that to happen. 

its rare for a new HC  to retain anyone on a former HC staff I think shula retained kines from prices staff. petrino if he had had been hired here in late 03 was going to retain chizik and whitt. chizik retained willis  (before he jumped ship) and he wanted Rhodes to stay as well I believe. but Rhodes wasn't interested

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Quick question... Why did Boobee get so many carries when in only 8, DJ passed him in yds and ypc?

Also where was Joiner?

Didn't get to see the game btw.

Bo threw a crap pass still Joiner. He only played one play. 

11 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Quick question... Why did Boobee get so many carries when in only 8, DJ passed him in yds and ypc?

Also where was Joiner?

Because.....Gus

Joiner could have had a game tying catch for a touchdown if Nix didn’t throw a little slip screen at the back of his helmet

37 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Also where was Joiner?

Boobee was effective...had a couple of large loss plays where his OL left him out to dry that skewed his numbers.  DJ also got injured in the 3rd Q...shoulder.

Football is a weird game. It just was not meant to be for AU and it seems it has been that way for a while now for Gus and team. Uga fumbles out of bounds. We fumble and they recover. We stop them all night long over and over. We call timeout to try and get the ball back at the end of the first half when Uga is trying to run the clock out and Darned if they don’t just drive it down our throats in 1 minute. Big time backfire. Carlson misses a FG...again. We kick onsides and get it called for blocking on a replay. 
We just can’t win. 

16 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Uga had something like 4 yards in the 4th quarter. They punted 10 times. They had 8 3-outs. And they won. 

2 yards in the 4th. 

if we run our 4th Q offense the entire game we walk away with a win. But...we didn’t.  

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

Auburn beats the updykes in two weeks

I don’t know man. Our offense has looked completely inept against 3 different teams and for a large portion of the Ole Miss game. 

Honestly, I'm not even that upset. What happened today is exactly what I expected. It looked exactly like every other pants-on-head loss we've had since 2015. Here's the formula for a "Gus loss." Ready?

• Auburn plays against a talented athletic defense with a good coaching staff
  • Offense CAN NOT run the ball
  • Playmakers are not utilized or even put onto the field
  • Defense plays with its hair on fire for 90% of the game and either breaks down late or allows one or two good drives
  • Zero offensive adjustments or imagination

You can apply this formula to at least 15 games since 2015. Enough is enough already. It makes you want to drive a screw into your brain so you can get something else in there.

Vertical passing game and speed made all the difference.  Too many substitutions that 3rd drive.  Too many screens on 3 and medium.  Gotta at least throw for the first down marker.  I haven’t read the other threads but I’m sure it’s all been said.  Still a chance to finish 9-3 which is crazy.

3 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

We are 7-3

0-3 in the big games

i had so many things to say and elaborate. i probably wrote 1000 words and deleted them all.

numbers work best! auburn's collective __cks are just for show. thanks gus. thanks BOT. thanks Leath. we are not a football school. Hahahah. __ck me.

Archived