Georgia Postgame Thread

SCTiger2011

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Yes beating #6 Oregon at a neutral site wasnt a big game. Doweee

I care more about SEC games. I suppose beating a PAC 12 team once a year makes up for losing to our rivals for some folks. Well I guess we beat Arkansas that means a lot to Gus. So 2-3 in the big games. Derp derp

10 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Football is a weird game. It just was not meant to be for AU and it seems it has been that way for a while now for Gus and team. Uga fumbles out of bounds. We fumble and they recover. We stop them all night long over and over. We call timeout to try and get the ball back at the end of the first half when Uga is trying to run the clock out and Darned if they don’t just drive it down our throats in 1 minute. Big time backfire. Carlson misses a FG...again. We kick onsides and get it called for blocking on a replay. 
We just can’t win. 

This sounds like Gus's post game presser... big pitty party

13 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Quick question... Why did Boobee get so many carries when in only 8, DJ passed him in yds and ypc?

Also where was Joiner?

Didn't get to see the game btw.

Boobee ran well on regular plays. Wildcat was scouted and stuffed big time. A couple of plays Boobee thought he was Fran Tarkenton and tried to outrun everyone and got dropped for a couple of epic losses which I'm sure hurt his average. DJ ran well and consistent, but nothing spectacular. Shivers got his one shot up he gut and then back to the sideline. Joiner is on the sideline for 50 plus game minutes then has his number called on 4th down for a flat/arrow route and gets handcuffed on the throw. Just a depressing offensive cluster show.

2 hours ago, japantiger said:

This sounds like Gus's post game presser... big pitty party

I am not making excuses. Also I am sure he was upset. Despite his lack of ability to call plays and his robotic nature, he still cares for his team and the university. It is ok for him to be upset a few minutes after losing a tough game. 
This is one of those games that you look at the stat sheet and you say “how did we lose this game”? Unfortunately for Gus there are so many of these type games in his tenure that there can only be one common root cause. 

9 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Yes beating #6 Oregon at a neutral site wasnt a big game. Doweee

Oregon is overrated they play in a defense-optional conference. You know that so don't pretend they are world beaters.

Defense rules in the SEC . Gus cannot scheme a good game against a solid SEC defense.

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I am not making excuses. Also I am sure he was upset. Despite his lack of ability to call plays and his robotic nature, he still cares for his team and the university. It is ok for him to be upset a few minutes after losing a tough game. 
This is one of those games that you look at the stat sheet and you say “how did we lose this game”? Unfortunately for Gus there are so many of these type games in his tenure that there can only be one common root cause. 

If he cared that much for the university as you say, why would he not get the needed help or hire the needed person to let the offense improve? Sounds to me like he is upset that his way isn’t working.

18 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Hire Matt Rhule. Keep the D staff, open the checkbook for the offense. Done deal. However our money makers couldn’t do something that smart 

His buyout is too steep.  I like him though.

16 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Quick question... Why did Boobee get so many carries when in only 8, DJ passed him in yds and ypc?

Also where was Joiner?

Didn't get to see the game btw.

DJ got stuffed early, that’s all I remember 

At first, the offence was moving the ball using short slant routes.  Gus decides to abandon what is working to try to run gimmick play, whirly bird and runs..  What coach in his right mind does this?  Take what the defense offers and make them adjust then burn them with a deep pass...

I think a peewee H.C. coach could do better..

14 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Oregon is overrated they play in a defense-optional conference. You know that so don't pretend they are world beaters.

Defense rules in the SEC . Gus cannot scheme a good game against a solid SEC defense.

Oregon has had a better defense than 2 of the 3 teams we’ve lost against lol.

Archived