Officials

ScubaSteve

2 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Did anybody catch what was said by the officials and the Auburn bench?  Only part I could make out was game management.

I swore I heard the referee threaten that he would end the game at one point. Don't know why.

He was yelling at someone else on our bench after Georgia's last punt was spotted. 

Never seen a ref get so worked up.

43 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I swore I heard the referee threaten that he would end the game at one point. Don't know why.

He was yelling at someone else on our bench after Georgia's last punt was spotted. 

So, he noted the offensive performance and said...

giphy (1).gif

52 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I heard the game management comment mentioned above also. I wonder if they were not happy with the time crews possible or something to do with how we were hosting the game.

3 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I heard the game management comment mentioned above also. I wonder if they were not happy with the time crews possible or something to do with how we were hosting the game.

We speculated it had something to do with music being played while the Georgia offense was over the ball, but really have no idea. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

We speculated it had something to do with music being played while the Georgia offense was over the ball, but really have no idea. 

I think you are right on that actually.

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Can they do that?

all kind of obscure rules appear in Auburn games.

maybe something we can use to our advantage in the future.

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Like the Ga band didn’t do that ALL GAME LONG.

Do you have any insights about the game?

I mean...I’m the average fan. I’m just beyond emotions or words at how bad our offense is. I put 75% on head coach issues/scheme, 15% on QB play, and 10% on OLine play. I DESPISE being mediocre, and quite frankly, I’d rather be bad and be getting somewhere than consistently average and never beating our biggest rivals unless there’s an alignment of the stars. 

I really hope that some AU fans don’t take the narrative that “our boys didn’t quit.” Of course they didn’t! They are amazing men that play this sport for fun/career, and we love them for it. 

I also hope that this doesn’t get to the narrative of “Welp, who else would we get any better?” That to me is a secondary question that presupposes that we need to make a move first. 

As for any insight that I have, I called my shot before the season started: We are getting the football-only facility done, and we are going to be a great team with an 8-4 record going into our bowl game. The folks with $ are going to make a move, as Gus’ last friends in the world were Leath and Harbert and one is gone and the other is being replaced.

I don’t know if anyone noticed but during the game we announced that we got $10MIL from a new donor. That’s huge. The $ noticed that fans left at the end of the 3rd. Of course we can’t score 3 times!  

As far as a replacement, I said it then and I will say it again (and folks can take it or leave it) that we have a guy in mind and the guy has already heard from us. 

War Eagle! 

In other news, glad the photo-student is OK—That was scary. Prayers for Tua. Classy kid that has a devastating injury. Davidson played through a bad back tonight and Seth played through that same pesky shoulder. Proud of our guys. They deserve better. 

31 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I mean...I’m the average fan. I’m just beyond emotions or words at how bad our offense is. I put 75% on head coach issues/scheme, 15% on QB play, and 10% on OLine play. I DESPISE being mediocre, and quite frankly, I’d rather be bad and be getting somewhere than consistently average and never beating our biggest rivals unless there’s an alignment of the stars. 

I really hope that some AU fans don’t take the narrative that “our boys didn’t quit.” Of course they didn’t! They are amazing men that play this sport for fun/career, and we love them for it. 

I also hope that this doesn’t get to the narrative of “Welp, who else would we get any better?” That to me is a secondary question that presupposes that we need to make a move first. 

As for any insight that I have, I called my shot before the season started: We are getting the football-only facility done, and we are going to be a great team with an 8-4 record going into our bowl game. The folks with $ are going to make a move, as Gus’ last friends in the world were Leath and Harbert and one is gone and the other is being replaced.

I don’t know if anyone noticed but during the game we announced that we got $10MIL from a new donor. That’s huge. The $ noticed that fans left at the end of the 3rd. Of course we can’t score 3 times!  

As far as a replacement, I said it then and I will say it again (and folks can take it or leave it) that we have a guy in mind and the guy has already heard from us. 

War Eagle! 

In other news, glad the photo-student is OK—That was scary. Prayers for Tua. Classy kid that has a devastating injury. Davidson played through a bad back tonight and Seth played through that same pesky shoulder. Proud of our guys. They deserve better. 

Glad to hear Gus is on the way out. I am with you. Mediocrity is not Auburn. Our sights never need to be anywhere but the top. 

Any hints on the replacement?

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

War Eagle! 

I've never in my life found myself so apathetic towards AU football. I dared not allow ANY hope that this nightmare was going to end anytime soon as I've had to watch this descent into utter mediocrity suck all of my passion from the sport and team I love, but @passthebiscuits when I read this all I could say was:

giphy (1).gif

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I put 75% on head coach issues/scheme, 15% on QB play, and 10% on OLine play. 

Which puts 100% on the head coach/ offensive coordinator/ QB coach since he is responsible for recruiting the O Linemen and developing the QB.  

The rest of your post was spot on!!  Thanks PTB. 

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

War Eagle! 

Love seeing you post a little bit @passthebiscuits

I wondered about Marlon’s back and didn’t know about Seth’s shoulder. I was honestly surprised that he got the ball as much as he did last night. 

5 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

The folks with $ are going to make a move, as Gus’ last friends in the world were Leath and Harbert and one is gone and the other is being replaced.

MRW a business dinner gets cancelled at the last minute ...

7 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

War Eagle! 

Who's the guy you are hearing? PM me. 

14 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Is it me or does it seem we have a worse win % on earlier games, and cbs games

I believe you’re on to something.  The CBS games are the pick of the week as far as the SEC is concerned.  Therefore, they are against the more formative opponents and therefore, Gus has no chance.  I would bet the IB is on CBS and we can test your theory.  

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

That's an absolutely unacceptable win percentage given our recruiting. 

I'm of the mind that our offensive recruiting has all been smoke and mirrors, but on the defensive side of the ball I completely agree. 

Top 5 money, Top 25 results (in a good year).

2 hours ago, twilli13 said:

Who's the guy you are hearing? PM me. 

I bet if it’s somebody they already have on board then it would be Kevin Steele.

9 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I bet if it’s somebody they already have on board then it would be Kevin Steele.

And that would be the ultimate JABA move.   This will be the only way that I think Auburn will have truly turned the corner, and that’s if they hire someone that no one on this message board thinks they will hire.  Remember last time, the search committee was Pat Sullivan, Bo and drawing a blank on the third guy.   It just shows that who AU has in charge can’t make the right decisions.  

30 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Man that would be an terrible move imo. Steele has never shown to be a good hc. Very good dc with the elite players we've had last 4 to 5 years. But hc. No way imo. If that's the hire, just freaking keep Gus. Definitely dont downgrade. 

Archived