Jay Tate Postgame show

CR

44 minutes ago, keesler said:

This whole thing with Steele feels like a knife in the back of your boss,  "if" the new BOT is already on board with this then Prez Gouge is too and that means discussions have been underway and things are in motion to have his boss kicked to the curb and him take over.  

I'll honestly say I never thought KS would go that route, but it appears that's exactly what has happened. :gofig:

Steele isn’t lobbying for the job. He hasn’t asked for the job. He’s just doing duck a good job that the people who matter want him to take over. He isn’t stabbing anyone. I’m not 100% sure he take the job. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Got to get through signing day  fellas!   Lots of pieces to this puzzle. 

No you don't. If you come to the point you know the HC needs to be let go you let him go & let the class fall where it may. FWIW if CKS remains the entire D class will also.

17 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

where you been ell? you disappear more than walt on braking bad. we miss you dude.........

I'm here. I mostly stick to the recruiting forum like always.

13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

All I can say is this. Steele said he doesn’t want to be the perm HC. But people who matter say that if given they think he would take it. 

I don’t believe Steele is interested in coaching under Gus anymore. So that is what moved the needle. 

Quality can only put up with (....) for so long. It moved my needle two years ago. Don't blame him a bit. 

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

Quality can only put up with (....) for so long. It moved my needle two years ago. Don't blame him a bit. 

Are we talking about a football program or a marital relationship? lol

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Are we talking about a football program or a marital relationship? lol

Lol...changed school systems. Passionately happy ever since! 😁😁🤣🤣

It never ceases to amaze me how we can turn a big ole nothing burger into an active thread. 

So far, some jag off named Marshall, who know about as much about Auburn football as any of us do, made a claim that if Malzahn was let go he thinks Steele would be the next HC. Little bit of this, little bit of that, and here we are. We are talking about the the ethical ramifications of Steele going behind Gus’s back to overthrow him and take the team. I.LOVE.IT!!

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It never ceases to amaze me how we can turn a big ole nothing burger into an active thread. 

So far, some jag off named Marshall, who know about as much about Auburn football as any of us do, made a claim that if Malzahn was let go he thinks Steele would be the next HC. Little bit of this, little bit of that, and here we are. We are talking about the the ethical ramifications of Steele going behind Gus’s back to overthrow him and take the team. I.LOVE.IT!!

RESEARCH...and REREAD. (That spin, though!)

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Steele isn’t lobbying for the job. He hasn’t asked for the job. He’s just doing duck a good job that the people who matter want him to take over. He isn’t stabbing anyone. I’m not 100% sure he take the job. 

How about they let Steele choose his new boss. Could work out good.

On 11/16/2019 at 9:00 PM, DAG said:

Why don’t they just fire Gus and make him the interim coach then 

Maybe because putting Kevin Steele in Gus Malzahn's place would be epically stupid? These threads were amusing at first but now they are alarming.

Just now, aucanucktiger said:

Maybe because putting Kevin Steele in Gus Malzahn's place would be epically stupid? These threads were amusing at first but now they are alarming.

Two days later and you pick

my comment out, when it was sarcasm. Good job. 

17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Wait what?

Too much out there, concurring, from multiple sources closer to the situation than we can imagine. Long before this week, but the raindrops are collecting fast.

As for CKS, if he is involved, his motives are nowhere close to your description. 

Things are happening that couldn't, in many ways and for many reasons, before now. So all that said...

11 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Too much out there, concurring, from multiple sources closer to the situation than we can imagine. Long before this week, but the raindrops are collecting fast.

As for CKS, if he is involved, his motives are nowhere close to your description. 

Things are happening that couldn't, in many ways and for many reasons, before now. So all that said...

First of all, I never questioned Steele’s motives. I was making a lighthearted joke about how we turn comments from people on Twitter, etc into long running discussions. I’m guilty of it too. And we always do it. Every single year. Last year Bob Stoops was on his way to Auburn. It’s all just fun and funny. 

Secondly, that sounded like some cryptic message Shakespeare would have written😂

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

First of all, I never questioned Steele’s motives. I was making a lighthearted joke about how we turn comments from people on Twitter, etc into long running discussions. I’m guilty of it too. And we always do it. Every single year. Last year Bob Stoops was on his way to Auburn. It’s all just fun and funny. 

Secondly, that sounded like some cryptic message Shakespeare would have written😂

Thank you! Shakespeare is a great mentor! 🤣🤣 I wrote a worse one to Bird two seconds ago!!  I'm glad you were joking...it was the second post I'd seen about "backhandedness"...so I wanted to get it out there. If...then I think it's a willing, reluctant if..not an ambitious one. 

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So if AG approaches Steele and says “we are going to make a change.” Would you be willing to step in?” And Steele says yes, that makes Steele a bad guy? I’m not seeing that way.

That conversation happened before the season even started

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

All I can say is this. Steele said he doesn’t want to be the perm HC. But people who matter say that if given they think he would take it. 

I don’t believe Steele is interested in coaching under Gus anymore. So that is what moved the needle. 

It makes sense that Steele would be disinterested in continuing to work for Gus.  Steele is probably more frustrated with Gus' offense than every poster on this forum combined.

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That conversation happened before the season even started

How do you know this??? Wait a second? Are you........Pat Dye??! It all makes sense now!

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Wait what?

You have an oversimplified view of the thread given there are people connected to the program who have made posts on what they have gathered & have nothing to do with Mike Marshall or what he said.

5 minutes ago, CR said:

Wow

Not wow at all. Gus survived last year by a whisker. Obviously there would be talks at that point of alternative plans.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You have an oversimplified view of the thread given there are people connected to the program who have made posts on what they have gathered & have nothing to do with Mike Marshall or what he said.

Man, I didn’t mean for this thing to turn into this. I was joking! You cannot sit here and tell me that we haven’t, at times, been known to take a rumor or comment and run wild with it. I have been lurking here for years, even before I became a member and I’ve been through 2 head coaching changes and about 1 million assistants. I’ve watched Auburn about to hire Jeff Fisher, Bob Stoops, Chris Peterson, Gruden, Spurrier, Patterson, Petrino, Turner Gill, Jimbo. The list goes on and on. My fav single night on this forum was the night we got hit with Coach Gene Chizik. 

There’s nothing bad about it. We Auburn fans are dreamers. And I’m sure there are some people that know some stuff, but the majority of us just like to hear these rumors and get excited. It’s incredibly entertaining. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Man, I didn’t mean for this thing to turn into this. I was joking! You cannot sit here and tell me that we haven’t, at times, been known to take a rumor or comment and run wild with it. I have been lurking here for years, even before I became a member and I’ve been through 2 head coaching changes and about 1 million assistants. I’ve watched Auburn about to hire Jeff Fisher, Bob Stoops, Chris Peterson, Gruden, Spurrier, Patterson, Petrino, Turner Gill, Jimbo. The list goes on and on. My fav single night on this forum was the night we got hit with Coach Gene Chizik. 

There’s nothing bad about it. We Auburn fans are dreamers. and I’m sure there are some people that know some stuff, but the majority of us just like to hear these rumors and get excited. It’s incredibly entertaining. 

To be fair, Jay Tate and his gang of goons just devoted an entire podcast to the topic.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There’s nothing bad about it. We Auburn fans are dreamers. and I’m sure there are some people that know some stuff, but the majority of us just like to hear these rumors and get excited. It’s incredibly entertaining. 

That was a good one.  Ole Jay Jacobs heckled at the airport.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not wow at all. Gus survived last year by a whisker. Obviously there would be talks at that point of alternative plans.

Wow to me that Steele coached all year having already discussed taking over the program. Maybe not for you.

Archived