Jay Tate Postgame show

CR

Just now, JMassie11 said:

What killed this play is the LG pulled and was in the backfield blocking air

Oh  is that all?    So you're saying the play matches well with what the defense was showing?    

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

While I realize the absurdity of the call/formation with regards to UGA scouting us, I can't help but look at the play and wonder why Boobee didn't just run left.  Know it was designed to go right, but at the point, screw the play design.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

While I realize the absurdity of the call/formation with regards to UGA scouting us, I can't help but look at the play and wonder why Boobee didn't just run left.  Know it was designed to go right, but at the point, screw the play design.

That’s why I pointed out the LG pulling. I believe it was a missed assignment. Go back and watch and Boobie was basically forced to his right by the LG. Had the LG blocked down you pick up the 2 yards.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Its because thats a good way to never play again.   Gus is so convinced of his scheme being superior he ignores poor matchups 

3 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Oh  is that all?    So you're saying the play matches well with what the defense was showing?    

If 77 pushes forward, it seems like Boobee has room on that side of the center.  Nigh pulling left might help as well as faking the handoff to Stove.  This is where the wildcat really hurts you...You got Bo as a potential lead blocker.  Imagine if that was an HB.

So, am I correct here?...If Steele becomes coach, we would basically keep our defensive staff (which seems like we are in great shape with) but most likely shake things up some on the Offensive side of things(which probably needs it). If we get a brand new coach, we most likely loose Steele and shake the entire team staff up top to bottom?.....Yeah, I think Im pretty good with Steele!

14 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

If 77 pushes forward, it seems like Boobee has room on that side of the center.  Nigh pulling left might help as well as faking the handoff to Stove.  This is where the wildcat really hurts you...You got Bo as a potential lead blocker.  Imagine if that was an HB.

the play was a designed run right  pulling 77, 64  to pickup people who are already lined up and in position on the play.    If everyone executes  does this play work against the formation or is it less than ideal?    

1:25  

3 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

So, am I correct here?...If Steele becomes coach, we would basically keep our defensive staff (which seems like we are in great shape with) but most likely shake things up some on the Offensive side of things(which probably needs it). If we get a brand new coach, we most likely loose Steele and shake the entire team staff up top to bottom?.....Yeah, I think Im pretty good with Steele!

We really don't know what our defensive staff might be if CKS is named HC.  We don't know who's looking to leave or will be made an offer...   

We don't know we'd lose steele if another HC is named.

17 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

That’s why I pointed out the LG pulling. I believe it was a missed assignment. Go back and watch and Boobie was basically forced to his right by the LG. Had the LG blocked down you pick up the 2 yards.

Unfortunately, that is the play design. Go watch any of the 1000 wildcat plays we've run. It's to the right with the Gs pulling around. It's insanity our and simple.

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

the play was a designed run right  pulling 77, 64  to pickup people who are already lined up and have a jump on the play. 

Even if 77 takes a better angle and gets there, Boobee stills has to contend with an unblocked #14 and #2 to get the 1st down.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

We really don't know what our defensive staff might be if CKS is named HC.  We don't know who's looking to leave or will be made an offer...   

If Steele, d staff remains intact. If new HC, Steele would stay if asked by new HC

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Even if 77 takes a better angle and gets there, Boobee stills has to contend with an unblocked #14 and #2 to get the 1st down.

Yeah, which is why im not defending the play.   I dont even think 9 / 10 times this works to get us 2 yards vs the defense

18 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

the play was a designed run right  pulling 77, 64  to pickup people who are already lined up and in position on the play.    If everyone executes  does this play work against the formation or is it less than ideal?    

If no one's willing or able to call the play to the left after seeing georgia line up there just punt the ball. Play calling is a mess. Later in the game AU lines up under center on a 3rd & 8 around uga's 35 but run wilcat on 4th & 2.

4 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Yeah, which is why im not defending the play.   I dont even think 9 / 10 times this works to get us 2 yards vs the defense

Stove in motion literally does nothing except take another potential blocker out of the picture.  Defense didn't give a **** about him...they know what's coming.

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If Steele, d staff remains intact. If new HC, Steele would stay if asked by new HC

If Gus stays? Steele gone?

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

What blew this play up is the defensive penetration UGA had due to the fact they knew what was coming.  It’s hard to execute the play when the defense is 99.9% sure that is what you are going to run.  

6 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

But the question is, did he whiff?!

6 hours ago, AURealist said:

My question is what the hell is the offense going to look like if Steele is HC?

The man has the D down without a doubt, there won't be much change there. 

But what are his offensive thoughts and philosophies?  Who does he know that would come to work for him as an OC and how would he fill out the staff on that side of the ball? He absolutely has to have an offensive plan in place to even interview for the HC position, right?

39 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Latest from Tate on the Dynamics of terminating Malzahn. TIFWIW

What has JG don't to his hair?  

Highlights/frosted tips, WTH?

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

But what are his offensive thoughts and philosophies?  Who does he know that would come to work for him as an OC and how would he fill out the staff on that side of the ball? He absolutely has to have an offensive plan in place to even interview for the HC position, right?

I think a lot of people are hoping he hires an average or better OC and just lets him work. Maybe retain Caddy but let him have his own staff. I get the feeling some just want to try something new and see how it works out. Not that far out there when what we have now is losing nearly all the important games. 

12 minutes ago, keesler said:

Philosophy?  Don't know.   What did he run last time?  

As the 'for real' HC, OC could be same caliber or better than Gus could attract.  Who knows?

As the interim HC, I'd think the OC pickin's could be anything from 'slim' to 'a nobody no one has ever heard of'.    

7 minutes ago, keesler said:

Yeah I am interested in hearing what his offensive philosophies are. 

59 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Latest from Tate on the Dynamics of terminating Malzahn. TIFWIW

I agree with what he is saying completely. It is going to reach a fever pitch after the Iron Bowl if we get swept again by georgia and bama. I do not think he will survive if he loses the Iron Bowl. P Marsh can come out on 247 and say he is safe right now and that he will be back in 2020 but none of that means anything right now. Nothing is going to happen one way or another till after the Iron Bowl.

Archived