Jay Tate Postgame show

CR

34 minutes ago, CR said:

He seems pretty confident when the plus is pulled on Gus, Steele will get the job. Also says its no secret that a lot of powerful AU people want Gus gone. I had never seriously considered Steele would be a candidate for the job.
He also thinks theres some reasonable chance that Arkansas still wants Gus and maybe AU wouldnt have to fire him.

That is a lot of BS. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is plenty of Gus hate out there tonight and so I won't add anymore.

I still think the biggest problem is recruiting on the offensive side, specifically o-line and running back.

So if Auburn hires a new or interim coach they better be certain that the guy can recruit with Saban, Smart and Sweeny and possibly now Mullin, or history will repeat itself.

20 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

AuburnAlumni just summed up everyone's frustrations with Gus in an epic rant.

Hey...where is this? Need some more rant-ertainment...

41 minutes ago, CR said:

I would stress that Tate said it, not me. I know nothing as several people can confirm

I'm outta reactions but solid....very solid....

13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If Steele is our next coach...guessing it's just a stop gap hire to save up for someone better?

Who knows. I think that's what LSU was originally thinking with Orgeron. 

58 minutes ago, CR said:

He seems pretty confident when the plus is pulled on Gus, Steele will get the job. Also says its no secret that a lot of powerful AU people want Gus gone. I had never seriously considered Steele would be a candidate for the job.
He also thinks theres some reasonable chance that Arkansas still wants Gus and maybe AU wouldnt have to fire him.

Marcello and p Marsh said the same thing this week on 247. I'm not about that. It would be so jaba. His brother works in the AD we know where this push to hire Steele is coming from. He's a great DC but I don't want him as our next head coach.

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Who knows. I think that's what LSU was originally thinking with Orgeron. 

Agreed. If you remember LSU was trying to get in on the Tom Herman sweepstakes with Texas. I have no doubts that Orgeron was a placeholder, but he had coached Ole Miss and he was successful and went 6-2 or something at USCw.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Marcello and p Marsh said the same thing this week on 247. I'm not about that. It would be so jaba. His brother works in the AD we know where this push to hire Steele is coming from. He's a great DC but I don't want him as our next head coach.

With you on that. Nothing against Steel, but we make a change Steel doesn't excite me.

I don't care if our head coach "excites" us as fans.  2013 Gus "excited" a lot of people.  The next head coach can be the most boring man this side of Nick Saban.  Just win.

20 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Hey...where is this? Need some more rant-ertainment...

Unfortunately I can't find out how to link the specific timestamp because it's a live broadcast. You can wind it back though, he calls in about 35 minutes into the show. Jay also put his name up in the top corner.

3 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Unfortunately I can't find out how to link the specific timestamp because it's a live broadcast. You can wind it back though, he calls in about 35 minutes into the show. Jay also put his name up in the top corner.

I gotcha...not a new website...a caller.

The off-chance that an outside program will take Gus will protect him through the silly season, which is ironic, considering it's the same threat that faciltated his contract to begin with.

"They want to hire him? No! Give him a raise!"- 2017

"They want to hire him? Don't fire him now! Maybe they'll buy him off" -2019

After watching that my hopes of getting rid of him after this year are quite low. I hope the firestorm that will be next year will be enough.

1 hour ago, CR said:

If I was the AD, if Gus loses to UA,I  would ask him if he is interested in the Arkansas job and if so, highly encourage him to take it.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

After watching that my hopes of getting rid of him after this year are quite low. I hope the firestorm that will be next year will be enough.

Wait till we lose to bama who has a backup QB. The noise will get really loud then. I don't think he survives. The people who tried to get him out last year are still there and they will grow even louder. Leath his biggest supporter is gone ... I think it's gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

We are not getting rid of Gus. Even when we go 8-5 we are not going to fire a winning head coach and pay him $29 million. We are stuck in mediocrity. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

We are not getting rid of Gus. Even when we go 8-5 we are not going to fire a winning head coach and pay him $29 million. We are stuck in mediocrity. 

People aren't grasping this 

Archived