Jay Tate Postgame show

CR

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

I disagree. People are grasping this. That's why they are so distraught (or tipsy) right now!!!

Not tipsy, outright drunk

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

So if Auburn hires a new or interim coach they better be certain that the guy can recruit with Saban, Smart and Sweeny and possibly now Mullin, or history will repeat itself.

While I agree with the premise of your post, I feel the need to point out that Mullin actually isn't a great recruiter. He is a great developer and can evaluate his players. 

Bottom line Gus bet on himself and it hasn’t panned out. Some of the play is poor execution but to have a game plan like that for 80% of the game was terrible. 

3 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

I don't think he would ever get there...❤...just need to keep practicing, because it's a work in progress. 

guru of a comment

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol SOME of our fans. But that lessens every year we keep Gus. But yes our fans have a horrible case of Gus stockholm syndrome.

nope. always hated that a**hole. but continue sir....

Fire Gus now then let coach Steele coach the last 2 games in the regular season plus any bowl IF we get a bid. After that, have a new head coach already lined up and ready to take over after any bowl game that we might go to.

Fire him today, fire him tomorrow, fire him next year ... Auburn is still gonna have to pay this man A LOT of money to win 8 games a year. He is the 6th highest paid coach in the nation and do you really think we're the 6th best team? Hell are we even the 6th best team in the SEC? Keeping Gus should NOT be an option. If you keep him for another year you can expect a lot more fans to boo, a lot more fans to walk out of games, and a lot more fans who just don't show up for games. That's even more money that Auburn is losing by keeping this man in charge. Fire him today, make Steele the interim and let these next 3 games be his "interview". If he does well, give him all the money to hire the best coordinators in the world and we can keep most of our recruits happy because these defensive players will run through a wall for Steele. I would rather Auburn pay $13 million in the next 30 days rather than us continue to lose against the 3 biggest rivals we have. And only have an offense show up when Georgia goes to prevent.

19 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Fire him today, fire him tomorrow, fire him next year ... Auburn is still gonna have to pay this man A LOT of money to win 8 games a year. He is the 5th highest paid coach in the nation and do you really think we're the 5th best team? Hell are we even the 5th best team in the SEC? Keeping Gus should NOT be an option. If you keep him for another year you can expect a lot more fans to boo, a lot more fans to walk out of games, and a lot more fans who just don't show up for games. That's even more money that Auburn is losing by keeping this man in charge. Fire him today, make Steele the interim and let these next 3 games be his "interview". If he does well, give him all the money to hire the best coordinators in the world and we can keep most of our recruits happy because these defensive players will run through a wall for Steele. I would rather Auburn pay $13 million in the next 30 days rather than us continue to lose against the 3 biggest rivals we have. And only have an offense show up when Georgia goes to prevent.

Exactly. People harp on the buyout. We have to pay either way. Paying the buyout is the same as keeping him. 7 mil a year for 4 more years or 13 mil now and 13 more over 4 years. The money will be spent regardless. Time for Auburn to be proactive instead of reactive. 

24 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Exactly. People harp on the buyout. We have to pay either way. Paying the buyout is the same as keeping him. 7 mil a year for 4 more years or 13 mil now and 13 more over 4 years. The money will be spent regardless. Time for Auburn to be proactive instead of reactive. 

Exactly! Say we hire a new coach for 4 mil a year. Now we're saving 3 per year that supplements Gus' buyout

BTW, the 13 mil due after 30 days is ready.

24 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

the buyout doesn’t effect me one way or another tbh. I am just tired of watching incompetent football. I think for 99% of us it won’t touch our pockets, but the bad football is annoying for a good majority of us. I have to feel like those who use the buyout as a crutch are honestly Gus Malzahn fans more than anything. 

1 hour ago, leglessdan said:

You are right but if you fire gus you have to add on the price tag of a new coach and to that buyout.

Just now, Carnell said:

You are right but if you fire gus you have to add on the price tag of a new coach and to that buyout.

The money is there

2 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Any substantial investment requires a degree of risk. I have a feeling the big time $$$ donors know this. 

We fans have had enough of the incompetent showings, and Gus looks like he’s on the verge of a nervous breakdown on the sidelines. Not good for either side and parting ways is the only out. At this stage, I really feel like we will be doing Gus a favor by firing him. For me it has moved from a want, to a duty. 

9 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Georgia got rid of Mark Richt. LSU got rid of Les Miles. Winning coaches get fired in this league all the time; though I hesitate to call Gus a "winning" coach when you look at his record against real opponents.

True, but Did they pay $30 million? 

Just now, gr82b4au said:

According to mods on here, the $13M that's due up front is ready to go. Also, if you do the math, he's getting $30M no matter how long he stays. One thing that people need to realize too is that a good football coach gets paid as much as they do because they bring in enough money to more than make up for their salaries. If we get a good coach in here, it won't take long to make up the difference.

51 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The money is there

I'm getting off track do forgive.  I'm so fed up with Gus that I've just about quit watching Auburn football and I realize out players deserve more from me as a fan.  if everyone had my attitude the stadium would be half full.

With that said my question..... I read that our AD might be considering  leaving.  How could or will that factor into the decision of buying him out?  And does anyone have any Intel that he is gonna stay?

13 hours ago, AUCE05 said:

I would flip my s*** if Steele is our HC.  If you make a move, go for a Stoops type hire. 

Yeah,  not quite sold  on KS as the HC

Great as our DC, but please everyone don't make it harder on AUburn than it already is.

Steele was 1-31 in the Big 12 conference. 

38 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I would say, that would be the largest buyout in college history. Not sure I want that mentioned w/ my school.

I hate to wait to 2021 when it would be about half that.... and deal w/ 7-8 wins again. 

I am just tired of thinking about Gus....sorry.

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:
  13 hours ago, AUCE05 said:

I would flip my s*** if Steele is our HC.  If you make a move, go for a Stoops type hire. 

Yeah,  not quite sold  on KS as the HC

Great as our DC, but please everyone don't make it harder on AUburn than it already is.

Steele was 1-31 in the Big 12 conference. 

Not saying he'd be the best choice for HC, but he'd get a better OC/QB coach for Auburn than what we've had the past 7 years.  He's tired of carrying the load. Dude has had a championship caliber D for the past 2 years with nothing but middle of the pack results to show for it. 

ive seen folks on several auburn boards say the money is there to fire gus whenever they decide its time to pull the trigger, the only thing that seems to be holding things back is harbert since he is apparently buddies with gus perhaps he doesn't want to admit he made a mistake in helping leath come up with this buyout. idk but harbert is definitely one of the folks trying to neautralize the inevitable it would seem

4 minutes ago, lala said:

At this point is there a situation where he stays and fans would accept?     

imo no im not sure a win last night would have silenced folks or if a win vs Alabama will help lets say in two weeks time we come out with a good enough game plan to beat a wounded Alabama team. then you have to ask well where was this two weeks ago against Georgia or a month ago against florida and lsu

Lets see what happens after the bama game.   a Tua less bama team is beatable.  Of all years  this bama team should be beat.... if we had a decent offense.   

Archived