Jay Tate Postgame show

CR

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

yes, I heard that and read it.   I also understand a dozen filthy rich guys could make Gus go away also.   Just saying it is highly unlikely some guy or a few filthy rich guys are gonna part with that kind of money.   

Jimmy Rane would write the 13 million $$$$$$ check yesterday. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

So much wrong with this.

Steele is seen as a huge improvement and he is right here on campus.

As far as s*** creek. What happens when you are replacing most of your D staff in the off season? It’s a internal mess right now. Was last year. 

The people who did this stupid contract with Gus are gone or neutered. It’s a whole different BOT now. 

Thanks for giving some insight about Harbert that I didn't know WDE.

Glad to hear the former BOT has been changed out like a dirty diaper since 12 months ago.

Who specifically views Steele as a huge improvement?  That can make an impact and get this offense up off the floor?

This s*** happens every single season, about this time, like clockwork and I love it. It’s my favorite part about this forum and my favorite time of the season. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

WDE...can you shed light on the view out there that Coach Steele wouldn't want it? Or is it that he would agree to do it given the circumstances...either as interim or more if it worked for all parties?

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

That's what I'm thinking.  High caliber staff don't stay under the authority of mediocre leadership for too long.  It's got to be gut-wrenching to watch this unfold from his vantage point...enough to make you just want to walk away.

i am so sick of losing to rivals i might not watch the iron bowl. it sounds crazy but the games are more than just a win or loss to me. i said the same thing for ga but ended up watching anyway. my love for auburn is such that with  our track record of losing to our main rivals just hurts my soul. and i know with tua out we have a decent chance. and i have never been like this.

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Anybody have any good ideas for ways that I can get a piece of that $13 mil?

Just now, AUDevil said:

call saul..............lol

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

WDE...can you shed light on the view out there that Coach Steele wouldn't want it? Or is it that he would agree to do it given the circumstances...either as interim or more if it worked for all parties?

This whole thing with Steele feels like a knife in the back of your boss,  "if" the new BOT is already on board with this then Prez Gouge is too and that means discussions have been underway and things are in motion to have his boss kicked to the curb and him take over.  

I'll honestly say I never thought KS would go that route, but it appears that's exactly what has happened. :gofig:

Just now, keesler said:

This whole thing with Steele feels like a knife in the back of your boss,  "if" the new BOT is already on board with this then Prez Gouge is too and that means discussions have been underway and things are in motion to have his boss kicked to the curb and him take over.  

I'll honestly say I never thought KS would go that route, but it appears that's exactly what has happened. :gofig:

Remember Bill Oliver?

Just now, wde21 said:

Remember Bill Oliver?

Sure, and Phil Fulmer.

I guess I just had a different impression of Kevin Steele, that's all.

Just now, keesler said:

Sure, and Phil Fulmer.

I guess I just had a different impression of Kevin Steele, that's all.

So if AG approaches Steele and says “we are going to make a change.” Would you be willing to step in?” And Steele says yes, that makes Steele a bad guy? I’m not seeing that way.

5 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Is the team really not practicing? 

yes they are practicing they just took an extra day off............healing mentally and physically since we got samford next we can afford to.

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So if AG approaches Steele and says “we are going to make a change.” Would you be willing to step in?” And Steele says yes, that makes Steele a bad guy? I’m not seeing that way.

I have an even harder time seeing AG going behind Gus' back before the season is over to even gauge interest from one of Gus' coaches.  

I may very well be wrong here!

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

I have an even harder time seeing AG going behind Gus' back before the season is over to even gauge interest from one of Gus' coaches.  

I may very well be wrong here!

Got to get through signing day  fellas!   Lots of pieces to this puzzle.     LOTS.   Nothing can happen before that I don't think.   You guys are discussing steps 45 and 46 while we haven't figured out number 13. ...IMO

57 minutes ago, keesler said:

The men footing the bill for this asinine buyout are the same men that signed off on it to begin with.

@keesler Nope! The men who signed off on it are Leath & Harbert. Leath is gone and Harbert has little power left.

59 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Nail meet hammer.   

Not quite. He meant well but there were some in accuracies in his post.

51 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

So much smoke right now. Anybody hearing this?

Anybody hearing what? We generally hear what you tell us to hear. Lol

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Anybody hearing what? We generally hear what you tell us to hear. Lol

where you been ell? you disappear more than walt on braking bad. we miss you dude.........

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

Hopefully the final "holdouts" finally saw the light this season. I researched it and the defense ranked 6th in most plays played this season in all of FBS, all while maintaining the 13th best yard per play average in all of FBS. An elite defense that spent entirely too much time on the field due to an offensive genius who couldn't figure it out.

^^^^^^ THIS is what many of us have been harping on for at least the last 3 years! ^^^^^

42 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

All I can say is this. Steele said he doesn’t want to be the perm HC. But people who matter say that if given they think he would take it. 

I don’t believe Steele is interested in coaching under Gus anymore. So that is what moved the needle. 

48 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This s*** happens every single season, about this time, like clockwork and I love it. It’s my favorite part about this forum and my favorite time of the season. 

You sick sick man.........

I agree.

59 minutes ago, gulftiger66 said:

A lot of folks on this site seem to be comfortable urging others to pony up millions of dollars to buyout Coach Malzahn's contract. Perhaps a Crowdfunding site should be set up to help raise buyout money from the fanbase and to show the Auburn PTB their strong interest in a coaching change.  

Nobody should be urging anything. The money is & has been there. It's just a matter of pulling the trigger so to speak.

45 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

You know how to manufacture pressure treated wood or run a transcending computer/ cell phone company? If so hire me. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

All I can say is this. Steele said he doesn’t want to be the perm HC. But people who matter say that if given they think he would take it. 

I don’t believe Steele is interested in coaching under Gus anymore. So that is what moved the needle. 

I figured he would tire of it.

Archived