Only saban made dumber calls than

TigerOne

11 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Saban didn do anything wrong. 

Tua didn even injure the same body part. 

If you're going to bash the best coach of the modern era, at least have an actual bad coaching decision. 

Here's actually not a great coach... Just a master recruiter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Here's actually not a great coach... Just a master recruiter

He's a great head coach. 

As head coach, he's responsible for building and running a sports program that wins games and championships.  He's been great at that.  

8 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Make no mistake. Your hero coach is second-guessing himself as he tries to fall asleep tonight. He "Prothro'd" Tua today. His first, and most costly, Mike Shula moment.

Yes, freak accidents that are unpredictable and impossible to avoid are totes Saban's fault. 

18 hours ago, jAUSon said:

He knew Georgia would whoop our ass so.........

Well not exactly.....painful loss for AU but LSU  had to be encouraged.  AU won about every meaningful statistic in the game ….dawg offense about as bad as expected and defense very good but likely Burrow will have a big  day against them. 

19 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Our coach and our game-plan was a failure, saban playing their franchise Qb in a game that was already won was pure stupidity.

Oh the media will say how smart he was 

and defend him but it may be the most ignorant thing he has ever done as a coach.

I don't like saban at all.  Not even close.  But there is no legitimate reason to criticize him for not sitting his starting QB in the 2nd quarter.  A little 2 minute offense practice was a good idea.  You cannot expect or plan for freak accidents like that one.  You can't blame saban for that.

On the other hand, you can most certainly blame the AU offensive game plan and playcalling on Gustav.  Of course, anyone who expected anything different at this point needs a psych evaluation, cuz they are delusional! 

19 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Tua wasn't hobbling. He wasn't limping around and unable to move and nothing in his play indicated he shouldnt be out there in an SEC game. 

If tua is 100% this injury still happens. 

We can play the hindsight game all day, but freak accidents happen. 

There was no reason go pull tua. 

For someone who is supposed to be an Auburn fan, all you do is bash Auburn and praise bama. Your true colors show. Go cheer for bama. It's obvious that's where your allegiance is. Your bs is so old and tired.

50 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I don't like saban at all.  Not even close.  But there is no legitimate reason to criticize him for not sitting his starting QB in the 2nd quarter.  A little 2 minute offense practice was a good idea.  You cannot expect or plan for freak accidents like that one.  You can't blame saban for that.

On the other hand, you can most certainly blame the AU offensive game plan and playcalling on Gustav.  Of course, anyone who expected anything different at this point needs a psych evaluation, cuz they are delusional! 

I have no love for Saban or Alabama either, but I cannot fault Saban or his offensive staff for doing the same thing any other coach in their position would have done.

5 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I have no love for Saban or Alabama either, but I cannot fault Saban or his offensive staff for doing the same thing any other coach in their position would have done.

So you know what every other coaching staff would have done, huh? You arent arrogant, are you? When someone starts interjecting opinion as fact, I know they arent worth listening to. Typical know it all.

9 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

So you know what every other coaching staff would have done, huh? You arent arrogant, are you? When someone starts interjecting opinion as fact, I know they arent worth listening to. Typical know it all.

I stated this in a Rivals thread but it's appropriate here, you must admit, Gus likely plays Tua into the 4th Qtr.  And that's with JALEN still on the team.

BTW, I miss your previous Avi....

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I stated this in a Rivals thread but it's appropriate here, you must admit, Gus likely plays Tua into the 4th Qtr.  And that's with JALEN still on the team.

BTW, I miss your previous Avi....

Haha. I was made to remove my avi. Too spicy for aufamily apparently. And Gus would not be a good example to use for how to handle a QB for sure. He wrote the book on how not to.

30 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Haha. I was made to remove my avi. Too spicy for aufamily apparently. And Gus would not be a good example to use for how to handle a QB for sure. He wrote the book on how not to.

HAHA, I sorta figured.

Correct, Gus is a bad example but he's the first Coach to come to mind, LOL!

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

For someone who is supposed to be an Auburn fan, all you do is bash Auburn and praise bama. Your true colors show. Go cheer for bama. It's obvious that's where your allegiance is. Your bs is so old and tired.

So I should delude myself ad pretend that Saban isnt objectively the best coach? 

Should I rah rah a garbage tier, needs to be run out of town Gus?

Sorry you aren't able to comprehend this. 

I hope you didn graduate from Auburn. Your idiocy and bias are astounding and something I hope no AU grad holds. 

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

How much practice of the two minute drill does it take for a 3rd year QB to be proficient at the 2 minute offense?  Did not Saban take a true freshman QB off the bench and throw him into the SECCG in the 4th QTR and beat UGA?  Did he have enough game time to run the 2 minute offense then?  That line was BS.  Since he was the franchise QB that had a prior injury, what was he thinking?  Probably wanting to impress the committee that Tua was good to go and influence some votes.

I started at thread in the rivals section on this.  Here is what Coach Mora stated on ESPN:

Coaches may not have the best interest of the long term health of that player in mind when they make decisions like this.  It’s a risk/reward type thing that is not a physical risk for the coach.

6 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

They only scored 3 after Tua went out

Do you think Bama’s offense was emotionally into the rest of the game?  Probably just wanted to get out of there without any further issues.

10 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Yes, freak accidents that are unpredictable and impossible to avoid are totes Saban's fault. 

Why so defensive of Saban? I'm not questioning him because he's a bammer coach, I'm questioning why the heck does he have an already recovering QB still in the game ahead 35-7 and knowing he needs the guy to secure a playoff spot. If he got hurt when it was 14-7 its not an issue. However...

1 hour ago, AUGunsmith said:

So I should delude myself ad pretend that Saban isnt objectively the best coach? 

Should I rah rah a garbage tier, needs to be run out of town Gus?

Sorry you aren't able to comprehend this. 

I hope you didn graduate from Auburn. Your idiocy and bias are astounding and something I hope no AU grad holds. 

You're a child. Nice try to sound otherwise though. I can only judge you on what you constantly say. And if it looks like a Turd, and smells like a Turd, then its a Turd. And you REEK. Your cute little attempts at insults and references to hoping Im not an Auburn grad are laughable. I could not care less what your opinion of me is. Your opinion matters as much as the dirt I wipe off my shoes. You're the very epitome of a loser and you prove it daily by the drivel you post over and over. 

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

How much practice of the two minute drill does it take for a 3rd year QB to be proficient at the 2 minute offense?  Did not Saban take a true freshman QB off the bench and throw him into the SECCG in the 4th QTR and beat UGA?  Did he have enough game time to run the 2 minute offense then?  That line was BS.  Since he was the franchise QB that had a prior injury, what was he thinking?  Probably wanting to impress the committee that Tua was good to go and influence some votes.

I started at thread in the rivals section on this.  Here is what Coach Mora stated on ESPN:

Coaches may not have the best interest of the long term health of that player in mind when they make decisions like this.  It’s a risk/reward type thing that is not a physical risk for the coach.

Excellent commentary! I’m sure the turds in disguise on the board will continue to defend lil nickie despite these words from a player and a coach.

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Excellent commentary! I’m sure the turds in disguise on the board will continue to defend lil nickie despite these words from a player and a coach.

The player and coach are just saying the quiet part out loud.

Interesting too that bama only got a FG in the second half against a weak MSU team.  Maybe the injury shocked the team ....but they kept Jones under wraps the rest of the game.....no practicing the 2 minute drill or anything.  

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Interesting too that bama only got a FG in the second half against a weak MSU team.  Maybe the injury shocked the team ....but they kept Jones under wraps the rest of the game.....no practicing the 2 minute drill or anything.  

Yes amazing, all of a sudden they didn’t need to practice the two minute drill now did they?

It was a freak injury and was still the first half of the game. There was no reason for him not to be in there. uat fans are screaming he should have sat this saturday and the one coming so he was good for the Iron Bowl. The rust he showed in the first half against LSU showed why he needed to be in the game this past saturday. There is so much timing required with offenses now that he has to get work in to be effective. 

Archived