Will Gus be fired?

ToomersStreet

3 hours ago, bg5 said:

I hope this is at least somewhat sarcastic. No way this actually happened. One wrong play at the end and Ga. loses.

You mean kind of like when we blew a 21 point lead against LSU and some other teams?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You mean kind of like when we blew a 21 point lead against LSU and some other teams?

What I am saying is that any D1 team that lets another team get within 7 points with plenty of time left just to keep a coach in his job is stupid especially when you still have a shot at a NC. No way they let us score those 14 points. We may be saying the same thing but I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or are just saying how bad we are.  

Not this year 

y’all are all horned up can’t wait for your chance to blow your wad and then when it’s over it’s man that wasn’t that great and didn’t last long at all.

everyone relax.

Saw this on AUC not premium content.

it is amazing against FBS teams during Malzahn’s HC we have gone down in points per game and rushing yards every single year. No way to spin that folks . Just no way.
image.png

image.png

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

IMG_2078.GIF

Please tell me he didn't actually say this...

Now his goal is to win 10 games. In two weeks it will be his goal to win 9 games . After the bowl game his goal will be next year we are going to win championships . I mean then we can start a repeat right? It really takes an idiot to belive anything Gus Malzahn says. 

28 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Please tell me he didn't actually say this...

BwzHezaCAAAacV7.jpg

4 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

it is amazing against FBS teams during Malzahn’s HC we have gone down in points per game and rushing yards every single year. No way to spin that folks . Just no way.
image.png

image.png

Just pointing out the years are not consecutive. But we still need more points

2 hours ago, Strychnine said:

No doubt.

Fire him just for making such a dumbass statement.

6 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

image.png

image.png

It's not a coincidence that OL recruiting has been terrible for several years and we are seeing the end results now. It would be less of a problem if we adapted to a more Air Raid-ish style and used all these receivers we've recruited. But we're stuck with this run/play action scheme without the ability to run. I think Gus thinks if he adapts his offense to the best personnel we have it's somehow admitting failure when it's the exact opposite. Nobody, literally nobody, would care as long as we were winning more football games.

On 11/19/2019 at 10:35 PM, WalkingCarpet said:

It's not a coincidence that OL recruiting has been terrible for several years and we are seeing the end results now. It would be less of a problem if we adapted to a more Air Raid-ish style and used all these receivers we've recruited. But we're stuck with this run/play action scheme without the ability to run. I think Gus thinks if he adapts his offense to the best personnel we have it's somehow admitting failure when it's the exact opposite. Nobody, literally nobody, would care as long as we were winning more football games.

I agree but folks have to look at this steady drop in a number that very important. Even His continues to say “ we have to be able to run the football’” yesterday we are steady declining . This isn’t against just good schools this is against all FBS ( Div 1) teams . It’s not just picking out a good game or a bad season . This proves that what Gus says is the most important item to be successful  football program and he consistently looses ground every single year. 

On 11/17/2019 at 9:15 AM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Exactly that’s why Kirby went soft in the forth to make it look better for Gus. If you are Nick, Kirby or Ed you would like for AU to keep Gus as their coach . That guarantees them a win most years against a middle of the pack team because Gus will always be Gus. And you know what his play call will be for every situation. Can’t do any better than having an opposing coach that you know his playbook better than him. 

There is absolutely no way that Smart and uga went soft on AU in the 4th quarter just so GM could keep his job. uga has a loss to SC and they needed a statement win against AU to help their resume for the playoffs. The best case scenario for UGA was a 21-0 win not a 21-14 win with one Nix pass away from it going to OT with AU having all the momentum. 

Archived