Will Gus be fired?

ToomersStreet

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I assumed you were referring to head coaches. Muschamp didn’t ever have any intentions of staying at AU very long. We anticipated that he would jump as soon as a decent opening appeared. 

He was expected to be around for 2 seasons but USCe decided to throw money at him and the plan changed.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some one help me out here. maybe it was a different coach saying he would never come to aubut and the ptb's with others interfering?

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He was expected to be around for 2 seasons but USCe decided to throw money at him and the plan changed.

I thought we only gave him a one year contract due to our assumption that he wouldn’t be around very long. 

Regardless, bringing him in was one of the best hires for our defense in a long time. I appreciate his brief time here in order to change the mindset of our defense for years to follow. He helped make watching our defense fun again. 

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

some one help me out here. maybe it was a different coach saying he would never come to aubut and the ptb's with others interfering?

Wasn’t it the TCU coach? If I remember correctly this is a big reason why Kirby didn’t come either . 

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i was trying to have a discussion. too often when folks disagree it is an argument on here and that is not my intent nor many others. it is sunday morning and i am in a very peaceful mood. i just wanted to clarify that. but we are good on my end.

Other posters have made the argument that coaches don’t want to come here for the reason you stated,  I didn’t take it as your position, just wanted to give my take.  If we are going to change the culture, Greene is going to have to do it.  We need to make JABA a thing of the past.

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

it might not be boom. that was why i never said it with complete certainty. i am pretty sure i did not dream that up. i just keep thinking boom was at auburn twice and it was him. hell how does one even google that? someone said it that was questioned about coming to auburn is all i can remember. WHO said it is not relevant so much as folks implying there is too much interference behind the scenes at auburn.

19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it has been stated in the past some coaches would not consider coming to auburn because of all the meddling with the football team by some boosters. i have no idea how to prove this but i believe it was discussed on this board.

We  offer  enough money they will come.  When Muschamp  was at Texas he said he would  never come back to Auburn as long as Jay Jacobs was there.  He eventually came back for enough money.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

IIRC, Boom and JJ didn't like each other. At. All.

It wasn't about the PTB

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I thought we only gave him a one year contract due to our assumption that he wouldn’t be around very long. 

Regardless, bringing him in was one of the best hires for our defense in a long time. I appreciate his brief time here in order to change the mindset of our defense for years to follow. He helped make watching our defense fun again. 

he also laughed when he saw how we did recruiting and changed that for the better. yes i like coach boom.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

he also laughed when he saw how we did recruiting and changed that for the better. yes i like coach boom.

I like Muschamp too but he needs to stick to being a DC. It's clear that HC is not his strong suit

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Other posters have made the argument that coaches don’t want to come here for the reason you stated,  I didn’t take it as your position, just wanted to give my take.  If we are going to change the culture, Greene is going to have to do it.  We need to make JABA a thing of the past.

yes sir i was just making sure i was discussing and not arguing. i am more down than anything...........but thanx for clarifying!

If he’s not gone I will have to fall on the sword and for the first time since I began purchasing season tickets in 2000.....stop. I’m overdone with not beating thUGA, LSU and bammer on a more consistent basis. Gus has destroyed my love of football game day. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wasn’t it the TCU coach? If I remember correctly this is a big reason why Kirby didn’t come either . 

dag my memory is so bad it is frustrating for me at times to discuss things on here. it is alarming in fact but i do love to chat on here so i keep trying. but thank you as i believe you are right as usual.................

3 minutes ago, selias said:

I like Muschamp too but he needs to stick to being a DC. It's clear that HC is not his strong suit

agreed but oh man his passion........

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

If he’s not gone I will have to fall on the sword and for the first time since I began purchasing season tickets in 2000.....stop. I’m overdone with not beating thUGA, LSU and bammer on a more consistent basis. Gus has destroyed my love of football game day. 

I don't live close enough to buy season tickets but I haven't actively watched an Auburn game in few years now. I'll turn the game on in the background and go about my day (clean the house, cook, nap, etc...)

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

dag my memory is so bad it is frustrating for me at times to discuss things on here. it is alarming in fact but i do love to chat on here so i keep trying. but thank you as i believe you are right as usual.................

It was Gary Patterson at TCU. I actually believe he could’ve done quite well at AU with our resources as compared to TCU.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Kirby really wanted the Auburn job.  He was more than willing to take it. However, during negotiations with Jacobs the issues were.  Kirby insisted on remaining Bama's DC through the NC game, Jacobs wanted him to leave Bama immediately.  Kirby wanted 100% control over his staff, while jacobs insisted on him or others having some say so or allowed  to make  suggestions.  There were two other sticking points but i cannot remember what they are.   Anyways, Kirby left the interview feeling good and hoping to meet somewhere in the middle but never got a call for another interview.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Let’s put it this way. Say you make 60000 a year and really are not in a position to buy a new car but the car you have is just not dependable . It will get you to the local store but when you make the longer drive to work it fails you occasionally. You need to get to work or you will lose your income. At some point you have to buy the new car because if you don’t you stand to lose everything .  Same with Gus. With him we will win most of the Easy games and lose most of the tough games. Problem is pretty soon we won’t be relevant in football. We will Have become the Vanderbilt of the West. We will start loosing big sport contracts and that loss of money will begin to effect our other sports that football revenue provides for. So my point is if your ok being the Vanderbilt of the West then go ahead and keep Gus .  

Vanderbilt of the West? You really think that 5-10 more years of Gus would end with us being the Vanderbilt of the West??? I want Gus gone too, but come on!

my point in all of this is too often Auburn is it's own worst enemy. i hope we get away from that type stuff with our new AD.....

7 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

Kirby will be a dud I think. Wait till he loses his QB. He had NC caliber talent already their. We need somebody more hungry then saban  or we will get more of the same

Wait so we’re eventually going to get Saban??

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Auburn is a 9 win team once we beaT Bamma

I don't think we do. That said, the only reason we even have a remote shot is they lost Tua and half the team is injured. They still HC ave a running game and the best WRs in college football.  All Jones has to do is flip it to them. 

10 games into his 7th season, this is how he responds in a press conference:

• On offense falling flat against good teams: "I wish we could have put some points on the board on the first drive."
  • "We're still a work in progress."

If it wouldn't cost us another $5.5Mish I'd say the AD should change the key codes and call a U-Haul today. 

If it happens, it'll be next month.

Archived