Will Gus be fired?

ToomersStreet

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

10 games into his 7th season, this is how he responds in a press conference:

• On offense falling flat against good teams: "I wish we could have put some points on the board on the first drive."
  • "We're still a work in progress."

If it wouldn't cost us another $5.5Mish I'd say the AD should change the key codes and call a U-Haul. 

If it happens, it'll be next month.

It's gonna cost the same amount either way really. Just cut the cord. The man is unwilling to progress outside of his little box.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

I don't think we do. That said, the only reason we even have a remote shot is they lost Tua and half the team is injured. They still HC ave a running game and the best WRs in college football.  All Jones has to do is flip it to them. 

We will put up 30 plus points on Bama

12 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I guess the Opiod crises is real.

More like the meth crisis. You have to be delusional to think we’ll score 30. 

We may or may not beat Bama at home with no Tua in two week.  That just plain does not matter.  Next year with our patchwork OLine and younger Defense we will lose again to LSU at Home. UGA away and Bama away Gus wont survive that so lets cut our loses and get a new coach in right after the early signing period.   He will not survive another 8-4/7-5 season.

He's not getting fired after this season no matter what happens in the IB or bowl game. 8 wins in the toughest division in all of college football will be enough to save his job. Not saying it should just saying it will.

Will Gus be fired? I think it all comes down to the Bama game.  How does the team look? Do they play hard? Not blown out.

As long as our Tigers are not embarrassed, Gus survives.

I mean we did score 20 on LSU, 14 on UGA and 20 on OM....

just trying to figure out how we get to 30. That’s all. 

39 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

More like the meth crisis. You have to be delusional to think we’ll score 30. 

Can't even score 21 against Ole Miss.

No way we score 30 on their defense. Your saying this offense that has scored 27 against Oregon, 24 against Tulane, 28 against A&M, 13 against Florida, 20 against LSU, 20 against OM, 14 against Georgia. You think Gus will pull out all the stops and AU will put up 30 on Bammer's defense? dream on my friend.

Dude. Bama's D isn't nearly as good as it has been in the past. Our D should be able to keep them under 30 pts.

HOWEVER, with Carlson at what 40% in FG's this year, we might not even score. What a shame too. 

We have the D to beat Bama with Tua 100% healthy.  We have an O that would struggle against Vandy.

Our fans and stadium will be rocking. The players will play their hearts out. Our HC will still be clueless and predictable. 

Advantage? Opponent.

4 hours ago, aucom96 said:

I'd be surprised. It would cost a lot and I don't know that Auburn could draw an easy sell as a replacement. The usual "Auburn is an 8 win team and that ain't bad" crowd will be out in force. The only way I see it happening is if a powerful enough booster forces the issue. 

The Gus Apologists you refer to will have ZERO impact on any decision made in the coming weeks.

As far as the money being an issue this year several here claim the money is available. Well either it is or it isn't who are we to believe? 

1 hour ago, shabby said:

We will put up 30 plus points on Bama

I get it you hate Bama like we do but son thats just wishful thinking.

Want it.... doubt it...

That said, what's the big off season move to assuage the fan base? (I know, and I'm not falling for it either)

Do you fire Dilly? Meh... Gus is the self-proclaimed OC anyway...

Fire Grimes and bring in a 'big-time' OL Coach and name him Co-OC as well? Maybe?

Just trying to think outside the box, even though what we actually want likely won't happen.

1 minute ago, MaineTiger said:

Want it.... doubt it...

That said, what's the big off season move to assuage the fan base? (I know, and I'm not falling for it either)

Do you fire Dilly? Meh... Gus is the self-proclaimed OC anyway...

Fire Grimes and bring in a 'big-time' OL Coach and name him Co-OC as well? Maybe?

Just trying to think outside the box, even though what we actually want likely won't happen.

What big time OL coach is gonna come work for a lame duck coaching staff?  It would require a 3 year contract and that is just not good financial stewardship at this point.

This is Gus' staff.  Ride or die.

Archived