Sexton asks Greene for a contract extension for Gus

caleb1633

One of my friends who's on the Bunker told me there was a post from an "insider" that Jimmy Sexton went to Allan Greene last week and asked for a contract extension for Gus. Alan Greene said, "No." Apparently Gus is irate. This was supposedly confirmed by a moderator on the board. TIFWIW, but if true, it's just another reason to despise Gus.

Has anyone else seen or heard this?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is really interesting news on many fronts, if it's true.  And for the life of me, Sexton may be more delusional than all of us put together if he thinks that Greene was going to give him more green.

I quit reading the bunker along time ago I think around 2008 was the last time I read it one guy sent me a pm on there that he had inside info  "Spurrier would be named our new Head Coach" a day before Chizik was announced after the announcement I called him out on his BS and he blocked me,. talk about a forum with *cough solid info *cough

anyways if this is true kudos to greene for telling sexton to stfu

Just now, ToraGirl said:

That is really good news on many fronts, if it's true.  And for the life of me, Sexton may be more delusional than all of us put together if he thinks that Greene was going to give him more green.

I would be shocked if this is true. Sexton would be a ding dong...I could tell you Greene would say no. 😂

4 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

This rumor made it over to ITAT/AUC and Phillip Marshall shut it down pretty fast.

if sexton or gus actually believe the current product is worth more cash. then they both belong in straight jackets

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Okay, it's only been a week or so but I've GOT to recycle this one....

giphy.gif

Let's be sure to add his friend...he's my favorite.

Image result for chubby kid laughing gif

With the Arky opening I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it was asked by the agent since it’s kinda his job. The Gus getting irate part I don’t find to be true though. 

5 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

This rumor made it over to ITAT/AUC and Phillip Marshall shut it down pretty fast.

Thank God. As much as I despise Sexton, I'd surely hope he's not that dumb.

I'd never seen him before.  Just could not resist.

Image result for jimmy sextonImage result for boss hogg

Image result for pappy mcdaniel dance gif

This is going to be silly season until we get a new coach or they confirm Gus is staying. This rumor would be pretty stupid on Sextons part. I don't think  we will hear any real facts until after the Alabama game. I would not believe anything I her until then.

7 minutes ago, bg5 said:

This is going to be silly season until we get a new coach or they confirm Gus is staying. This rumor would be pretty stupid on Sextons part. I don't think  we will hear any real facts until after the Alabama game. I would not believe anything I her until then.

Amen......this has become the rumor site it seems.   JMO but Sexton is no idiot and would know that something like this would hurt his client....bring unwanted response from AU fans.   Lots of site posters are trolling the gus issue ….:dunno:

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

15 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

if sexton or gus actually believe the current product is worth more cash. then they both belong in straight jackets

If I were Greene, I wouldn't say no outright as that closes the door to future negotiations.  I'd say sure but first let's talk about an extension with a more appropriate salary rather than the current $7M/yr -- say, one with a composite salary of other similar perennial 8-5 coaches?   Because it's clear that the current contract heavily favors only one party …. and it ain't AU!  

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Amen......this has become the rumor site it seems.   JMO but Sexton is no idiot and would know that something like this would hurt his client....bring unwanted response from AU fans.   Lots of site posters are trolling the gus issue ….:dunno:

One random guy propagates a rumor and the whole forum laughs at it. Instead of laughing along at the absurd rumor, you come flying in about how bad this forum is. You see what you did here?

7 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

One random guy propagates a rumor and the whole forum laughs at it. Instead of laughing along at the absurd rumor, you come flying in about how bad this forum is. You see what you did here?

And oh, how we need to laugh, with everything else--frustration and devastating news--especially since I tried to start a Samford Lookalikes thread and it seems their roster HAS NO PHOTOGRAPHS!!  🤪  One outlet is gone!

Image result for HYSTERICAL LAUGHING GIF

Archived