Sexton asks Greene for a contract extension for Gus

caleb1633

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's funny to me when Auburn fans hear something that sounds unlikely and just assume that it's not true.

I'd like to know one single season- shoot, month- in the last 30 years where something weird didn't happen to, with, in, or near Auburn football. 

Your 30 year limit rules out the problem here, most of the "weird" things never happened.  As has been mentioned previously on this thread, just because the world wide web says it happened doesn't mean it's so.  There's no such thing as an insider on this board.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m not sure , Marcelo and Marshall are just really tough to listen to. The AU beat needs some fire 🔥 

I'm sure they'd love to cover some instead of a talking teddy bear pre-programmed with the most mundane, generic coach-speak imaginable. 

All we have to do to get numbed by that unimaginative automaton is watch the games and hang out on the internet. Those guys actually have to chase him around and to work their asses off to squeeze enough blood from the talking turnip to create content and clicks. 

1 minute ago, Methuselah said:

Your 30 year limit rules out the problem here, most of the "weird" things never happened.  As has been mentioned previously on this thread, just because the world wide web says it happened doesn't mean it's so.  There's no such thing as an insider on this board.

Keep up the meth use, 'lah.

Honestly if true this doesn't surprise me at all. Probably has zero to do with GM and all to do with Sexton. He has one job to do and that is maximise earnings for his clients which in turn maximises his earnings. If he isn't doing this he is not doing his job.

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
19 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

Keep up the meth use, 'lah

Good to see Gus start posting finally.

around this time of year  everything is going to be he said/she said stuff and that's all it should be treated as until headline articles start popping up with the following "Gus is no longer the Auburn head coach" or "Gus returning to Auburn for 2020" and I agree we probably wont see anything like that until after the sec championship game at the earliest

1 hour ago, Methuselah said:

Don't bite, anyone. Nor reveal. That is all. 

monkeys.jpg

IdCw6fj.png

Just now, Potatooooooes!! said:

That’s perspective changing and really gets me to thinking....Thank you ToraGirl

It just made me smile. Before any kudos are shared...in all honesty, I'm a huge researcher in all areas of my life, but I'm not one of those who just HAS to know things...even things that others freak to know. I like risk and surprises with wise calculation behind it. The more important the decision, the more protective of leaks I'd tend to be.

Here's the proof...although ultrasounds were fully available during our two 1990's pregnancies, I (and hubby agreed) begged the techs to keep the sexes of both babies hidden until delivery day. I wanted the "It's a boy/girl!" to be absolutely authentic. 😮🦋

I know it's rare... but the contentment to NOT need to know can be super-powerful and stress-relieving. God gifted us with one of each...❤❤❤

17 hours ago, AidiAU said:

I would be shocked if this is true. Sexton would be a ding dong...I could tell you Greene would say no. 😂

Hey, Sexton struck gold with Leath, doesn't hurt to try again..... 🤩

45 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Don't bite, anyone. Nor reveal. That is all.

This. ^^^^^^^^  Please, please, don't let anything that might be in the works get screwed up by info coming out before something is done.  I have no doubt that some involved will try and leak info to bolster their cause, and I know it's hard not to report when that's your job, but if something is in the works, I don't want the desire to be the first to report to screw it up. I'd love to know what's going on if anything of course, but if it results in a better outcome for Auburn football, I don't mind being in the dark until it actually happens.

4 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Exactly. I don't have any inside connections about this. It was just something I heard and thought was interesting, whether it's true or not. Discussion forums literally exist for the purpose of discussing both confirmed and speculative information. I think we forget that sometimes.

i appreciate it myself.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Keep up the meth use, 'lah.

loof i took a friend to the doc this morning and while i was waiting for him and his wife to come out this tweaker walks by and i swear he was talking to  the power lines. it was weird as hell. what does anyone ever have to say to a power line? hows it hanging?  or i bet thats shocking? lol

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

loof i took a friend to the doc this morning and while i was waiting for him and his wife to come out this tweaker walks by and i swear he was talking to  the power lines. it was weird as hell. what does anyone ever have to say to a power line? hows it hanging?  or i bet thats shocking? lol

Fight the power?

13 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Ask Tennessee, Nebraska, or Florida State fans what football hell looks like. It’s not where we are right now. 

Nah, gotta take the risk.

It would take an undefeated national championship season for Gus to get an extension the next 2 years.  If Gus is still the coach in 2021 I’d imagine one would be offered for recruiting purposes only.  That being said I still think it would take back to back 10 win seasons to get any sort of raise.  Gus is very well paid for even a top level coach. 

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Ask Tennessee, Nebraska, or Florida State fans what football hell looks like. It’s not where we are right now. 

We're also not where Bama, LSU, UGA, or Florida are. They were in a similar state as us with coaches who won fairly often but didn't cut the mustard. I don't think any Bama fans miss Shula, LSU fans don't miss Les Miles, UGA fans don't miss Mark Richt, and Florida doesn't miss McElwain. Just because we could end up like Tennessee or FSU isn't a reason to hang on to Gus.

I listen to an auburn talk show called the auburn blitz that airs on 105.1 fm its broadcasted out of the alex city/lake martin area they usually air around lunch time during the week they were bashing gus hard today especially his postgame  comments   especially this one when asked if he considered using the two minute offense earlier in the game his response  was "We were trying to get a feel for the game" .the auburn blitz guys read that comment and their response was youre down 21-0 for 3 quarters and haven't got a feel of the game yet? another postgame comment they criticized  was his "offense still being a work in progress" they read that and said out loud why " with three games left in the  regular season (two now) is the offense still a work in progress"?  and that Gus and his assistants are the ones that recruited these qbs, offensive linemen, running backs and wide receivers and if gus didn't think they were the right fit for his system why did he recruit them?

the last part before the end of the show  made me chuckle they said does Gus even realize  when he says these things in postgames/pressers like "down 21-0 trying to get a feel for the game" or "Offense still being a work in progress this late in the season"

im seriously starting to wonder that ^ myself

22 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

This rumor made it over to ITAT/AUC and Phillip Marshall shut it down pretty fast.

What is P Marshall saying since the UGA loss? Anything of value? His commentaries prior to the season were pretty negative about the whole situation.

28 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

What is P Marshall saying since the UGA loss? Anything of value? His commentaries prior to the season were pretty negative about the whole situation.

Phil & Ron both believe Gus will be back next year from what ive heard! it doesn't seem that JG Tate agrees though

I did find this from Phil today

"What matters now is getting all the facets of Auburn football pulling in the same direction. Doing that starts with the head coach......does not come naturally for hm. Its not OK when hes losing 4-5 games a year.

Auburn beat two no. 1 teams and went to the SEC Championship game in 2017 with Chip Lindsey calling the plays, but in 2018, Malzahn was involved again

Last December there was a move by powerful boosters to make a change They almost pulled it off,

Assistant coaches became frustrated by Malzahns insistence on controlling everything on offense, from who is recruited, to who plays and how much on every position, to even what drills are run. Some left, some were asked to leave. Theire unhappiness did not stay within the walls of the athletics complex. The defense was great. the offense was great against bad teams, not so much against good teams.

Its up to powerful people....if they don't get it right and get Auburn people together again, Auburn football could find itself in a dark place

take what you will from that ^ but to me he doesn't sound as sure as he once did about Gus returning for next year

If Gus stays, I think we are to the point of telling him what will be done with the offense. He should be able to see that if a defense can be elite under a coordinator that calls the shots, so can an offense. Our OCs that were able to call plays had the luxury of calling CGM's plays. 

I respect that Gus bet on himself this year, but he lost the bet. If we are not moving on, I'd give him one year as CEO Gus again, but this time with an OC that has free reign. 

Archived