www.hasgusmalzahnbeenfiredyet.com

aubiefifty

holy cow. has anyone seen this yet? it is worth a look but i have no idea how to post a link. this is must reading. i will post a few comments but i cannot post the whole thing either. yes ol geezer aubes is a big dummy.

Under Gus Malzahn's new contract, signed at the end of the 2017 season, every loss during the 2019 season costs Auburn $566,000. [11] Auburn paid Gus Malzahn $1.69 million and counting for games lost during the 2019 season.

have i got your attention yet?

What They're Saying

Changing coordinators is not the answer. Sweeping the deck chairs off the Titanic doesn’t solve the problem. You’re still going to hit the iceberg, and I think Auburn is heading for an iceberg.
- Paul Finebaum
Gus Malzahn let his team down.

Auburn had a chance, at least on paper, to make a game of it. Malzahn lit that paper on fire and threw it in the trash can.
. - Barrett Sallee
There aren't any more excuses left for the $49-million coach. Apart from a fortunate national championship run in 2013, Malzahn simply hasn't gotten the job done. ... Six years as a head coach is more than enough time to build your program. Malzahn is in his sixth year and looks as lost as ever. ... Malzahn has shown over and over again that he will not adjust, and he will not give up on his failing offensive system. ... It's time to give up on Gus Malzahn.
- Sumner Martin
This contract that Auburn signed with Gus Malzahn has the potential to be the worst contract ever signed in college football history.
- Clay Travis
His problem is self-evident: the fans don't like him. They have no faith in him. They're not eager to support him, and I really don't know where this program goes now. Gus Malzahn doesn't have a plan moving forward. The plan was exactly what we witnessed on Saturday afternoon against a run-of-the-mill SEC program in Tennessee.
- Paul Finebaum
Somebody at Auburn needs to insist that he make changes or leave on his own accord ... if Malzahn refuses to learn and refuses to change, then make him answer to somebody.

Any coach worthy of a $50 million contract ought to be able to devise a plan for his quarterback to be more successful.
- Guerry Clegg
It's clear that halfway through the 2018 season, Auburn just isn't a good football team. Gus Malzahn has serious questions to answer about why his team is 4-3. The locker room is reportedly not in a good place, and neither is the on-field product.
- Richard Johnson
32 million, need I remind you, for a coach that has gone just 37-22 at Auburn with a 1-3 bowl record since he lost to Florida State in the national championship game. Getting to a national championship should get Malzahn the heaps of praise he deserves, but since then, he's been an average to below-average coach in the SEC.
- Mike Luciano
The man charged with leading Auburn's program for the next seven years for $49 million has gone from knocking off a top-10 team in Week 1 to losing to a Tennessee team that was on an 11-game losing streak in the SEC.
It's Malzahn's job to get this team focused and make sure each unit has a great game plan in all three phases. The Tigers did not do that last week under Malzahn.
- Brandon Marcello
It's not just that the Tigers are so bad they are now the worst team in the Southeastern Conference. That would be disastrous. This is so much worse.

Auburn is stuck with a coach the fans don't want, and the players don't play for.
One thing is for sure. The fleecing of Auburn has begun. Auburn is the most disappointing team in the country this season.
The defense was one of the best in the country to begin the season. It all but quit on Malzahn in the fourth quarter.

There is something much worse than anger in Auburn these days. Anger can be channeled. Apathy can set programs back for years.
- Joseph Goodman
Auburn overbilled itself this season, and probably overpaid its coach, too.
- Joseph Goodman
Under Malzahn, Auburn finds itself stuck in a no-man's land somewhere just north of mediocrity but well south of excellence.
- Kevin Scarbinksy
Auburn fans have to take a long look at this program and ponder the question, "Who is Gus Malzahn and what is this program all about? Is he a coach that caught lightning in a bottle in 2013, with two of the most miraculous come from behind wins in history or is he just an average, middle of the road coach who can get you to 10 wins every once in awhile but is most likely going to get you to eight?"
- Paul Finebaum
By blowing a 20-point lead at LSU, Gus Malzahn confirmed what's been strongly suspected the past three seasons - he has little chance to lead the Tigers back into an SEC contender. Auburn has two home games left in which they'll definitely be underdogs, Alabama and Georgia. Those programs have emerged as the class of the SEC, an echelon that the Tigers don't look capable of returning to under Malzahn.
- Pete Thamel
Somehow, someway something has to change. There has to be vision and commitment to excellence. Anyone who isn't willing to put the well-being of the program ahead of their own desires, even their own job security, doesn't need to be part of the process.
- Phillip Marshall
But as we were reminded so painfully in Baton Rouge, Malzahn is long gone. "Gus Malzahn" is here instead, indistinguishable from a two dozen other spread-to-run coaches spread across the Power 5 landscape save for his remarkable defense, outstanding recruiting, and ability to bludgeon lesser teams into submission.

Those things would be more than enough at some programs. But they're not enough at Auburn. They're not why Malzahn was hired.

- Jerry Hinnen

there is more but i cannot copy and paste all of it. i am so sorry that you guys might have to open another window or leave the fam to read it so here is hoping someone can do a link. thanx in advance for anyone that does.......

On 11/18/2019 at 3:50 PM, aubiefifty said:

holy cow. has anyone seen this yet? it is worth a look but i have no idea how to post a link. this is must reading. i will post a few comments but i cannot post the whole thing either. yes ol geezer aubes is a big dummy.

Under Gus Malzahn's new contract, signed at the end of the 2017 season, every loss during the 2019 season costs Auburn $566,000. [11] Auburn paid Gus Malzahn $1.69 million and counting for games lost during the 2019 season.

have i got your attention yet?

What They're Saying

Changing coordinators is not the answer. Sweeping the deck chairs off the Titanic doesn’t solve the problem. You’re still going to hit the iceberg, and I think Auburn is heading for an iceberg.
- Paul Finebaum
Gus Malzahn let his team down.

Auburn had a chance, at least on paper, to make a game of it. Malzahn lit that paper on fire and threw it in the trash can.
. - Barrett Sallee
There aren't any more excuses left for the $49-million coach. Apart from a fortunate national championship run in 2013, Malzahn simply hasn't gotten the job done. ... Six years as a head coach is more than enough time to build your program. Malzahn is in his sixth year and looks as lost as ever. ... Malzahn has shown over and over again that he will not adjust, and he will not give up on his failing offensive system. ... It's time to give up on Gus Malzahn.
- Sumner Martin
This contract that Auburn signed with Gus Malzahn has the potential to be the worst contract ever signed in college football history.
- Clay Travis
His problem is self-evident: the fans don't like him. They have no faith in him. They're not eager to support him, and I really don't know where this program goes now. Gus Malzahn doesn't have a plan moving forward. The plan was exactly what we witnessed on Saturday afternoon against a run-of-the-mill SEC program in Tennessee.
- Paul Finebaum
Somebody at Auburn needs to insist that he make changes or leave on his own accord ... if Malzahn refuses to learn and refuses to change, then make him answer to somebody.

Any coach worthy of a $50 million contract ought to be able to devise a plan for his quarterback to be more successful.
- Guerry Clegg
It's clear that halfway through the 2018 season, Auburn just isn't a good football team. Gus Malzahn has serious questions to answer about why his team is 4-3. The locker room is reportedly not in a good place, and neither is the on-field product.
- Richard Johnson
32 million, need I remind you, for a coach that has gone just 37-22 at Auburn with a 1-3 bowl record since he lost to Florida State in the national championship game. Getting to a national championship should get Malzahn the heaps of praise he deserves, but since then, he's been an average to below-average coach in the SEC.
- Mike Luciano
The man charged with leading Auburn's program for the next seven years for $49 million has gone from knocking off a top-10 team in Week 1 to losing to a Tennessee team that was on an 11-game losing streak in the SEC.
It's Malzahn's job to get this team focused and make sure each unit has a great game plan in all three phases. The Tigers did not do that last week under Malzahn.
- Brandon Marcello
It's not just that the Tigers are so bad they are now the worst team in the Southeastern Conference. That would be disastrous. This is so much worse.

Auburn is stuck with a coach the fans don't want, and the players don't play for.
One thing is for sure. The fleecing of Auburn has begun. Auburn is the most disappointing team in the country this season.
The defense was one of the best in the country to begin the season. It all but quit on Malzahn in the fourth quarter.

There is something much worse than anger in Auburn these days. Anger can be channeled. Apathy can set programs back for years.
- Joseph Goodman
Auburn overbilled itself this season, and probably overpaid its coach, too.
- Joseph Goodman
Under Malzahn, Auburn finds itself stuck in a no-man's land somewhere just north of mediocrity but well south of excellence.
- Kevin Scarbinksy
Auburn fans have to take a long look at this program and ponder the question, "Who is Gus Malzahn and what is this program all about? Is he a coach that caught lightning in a bottle in 2013, with two of the most miraculous come from behind wins in history or is he just an average, middle of the road coach who can get you to 10 wins every once in awhile but is most likely going to get you to eight?"
- Paul Finebaum
By blowing a 20-point lead at LSU, Gus Malzahn confirmed what's been strongly suspected the past three seasons - he has little chance to lead the Tigers back into an SEC contender. Auburn has two home games left in which they'll definitely be underdogs, Alabama and Georgia. Those programs have emerged as the class of the SEC, an echelon that the Tigers don't look capable of returning to under Malzahn.
- Pete Thamel
Somehow, someway something has to change. There has to be vision and commitment to excellence. Anyone who isn't willing to put the well-being of the program ahead of their own desires, even their own job security, doesn't need to be part of the process.
- Phillip Marshall
But as we were reminded so painfully in Baton Rouge, Malzahn is long gone. "Gus Malzahn" is here instead, indistinguishable from a two dozen other spread-to-run coaches spread across the Power 5 landscape save for his remarkable defense, outstanding recruiting, and ability to bludgeon lesser teams into submission.

Those things would be more than enough at some programs. But they're not enough at Auburn. They're not why Malzahn was hired.

- Jerry Hinnen

there is more but i cannot copy and paste all of it. i am so sorry that you guys might have to open another window or leave the fam to read it so here is hoping someone can do a link. thanx in advance for anyone that does.......

And these quotes were from a year or two ago, if I remember correctly... because I think I've seen them before. So much seems so avoidable...😢😢

12 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Wow. This makes me sad on so many levels. 

i love gus. i really wish he could elevate us to the next level he loves auburn and he wants to win as badly as us fans but for whatever reason it is just not happening. but the way he ran kj in the ground made me realize how  desperate and over his head he is. the way joey was handled was the final straw with me. i will support him and the team as long as he is there but i admit i will be relieved when his time is over. i almost wish he was a real jerk so it would be easier for me. so now i hurt for him and the team. it is just a sad situation.

23 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

And these quotes were from a year or two ago, if I remember correctly... because I think I've seen them before. So much seems so unavoidable...😢😢

a friend on facebook posted this and i believe it is from last year. i still thought it is relevant this year and with  some really eye opening comments that are hard to debunk.

Gus doesn't love Auburn. Gus loves what Auburn can do for him. 7 million over 7 years. Total: 49 million. That's really what Gus loves the most about Auburn.

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

Has Gus Malzahn Been Fired Yet?
https://www.hasgusmalzahnbeenfiredyet.com/

i owe you one. i try to post article so no one has to leave the fam board.

can i assume i just copy and paste the addy and it becomes a link? i am thinking of taking a basic puter course at gadsden state or jax state since my social security was approved.

20 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i owe you one. i try to post article so no one has to leave the fam board.

can i assume i just copy and paste the addy and it becomes a link? i am thinking of taking a basic puter course at gadsden state or jax state since my social security was approved.

Yes

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i love gus. i really wish he could elevate us to the next level he loves auburn and he wants to win as badly as us fans but for whatever reason it is just not happening. but the way he ran kj in the ground made me realize how  desperate and over his head he is. the way joey was handled was the final straw with me. i will support him and the team as long as he is there but i admit i will be relieved when his time is over. i almost wish he was a real jerk so it would be easier for me. so now i hurt for him and the team. it is just a sad situation.

See, I think my problem is I don't love Gus.  I don't know him personally, and when folks say he loves Auburn all I can think of is how he and Sexton extorted a huge raise & extension that now has Auburn stuck in a bad predicament for too long.  HE wanted job security and it came at a high price when he leveraged Arkansas as a threat to get what he wanted.  When you bend Auburn over a barrel and run a train on 'em, I have no feelings one way or the other and I dang sure have no love for you.

I just don't know the man well enough personally to care one way or the other.  I've only met him and shook his hand twice in the 10 yrs he's been a part of AU.  I feel like running a clean program, being a good ambassador for AU, being faithful to your wife, staying out of the NCAA spotlight and graduating your players are all part of his job, it's not something special He brings to Auburn that no one else couldn't do just as well.

Nothing alot of us haven't been saying for a couple of years to be honest. It has to come to a head sooner or later.

10 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Maybe the team can read this before the

iron bowl 

I'm sure they can. 

It's easy to get to via PC or phone. 

They can read. 

And they have weeks to do it.  

2 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Well them folks can stay off the Gus bus cause when we beat Row Tyde we ain’t opening the doors to the bus.

The bus has been in impound for 5 yrs. The doors are probably seized shut. Hope nobody is in there in case of a fire. 

3 hours ago, keesler said:

See, I think my problem is I don't love Gus.  I don't know him personally, and when folks say he loves Auburn all I can think of is how he and Sexton extorted a huge raise & extension that now has Auburn stuck in a bad predicament for too long.  HE wanted job security and it came at a high price when he leveraged Arkansas as a threat to get what he wanted.  When you bend Auburn over a barrel and run a train on 'em, I have no feelings one way or the other and I dang sure have no love for you.

I just don't know the man well enough personally to care one way or the other.  I've only met him and shook his hand twice in the 10 yrs he's been a part of AU.  I feel like running a clean program, being a good ambassador for AU, being faithful to your wife, staying out of the NCAA spotlight and graduating your players are all part of his job, it's not something special He brings to Auburn that no one else couldn't do just as well.

I largely agree.  I tend to think of football coaches in the same vein as mercenaries.  They are hired, and handsomely paid, to recruit players, coach a football team, and win football games.  The other elements you mentioned are indeed part of the job, but Auburn could hire someone that fit that bill without a top 10 salary.  The top 10 salary means that the former sentence is a lot more important than the latter.  Like you, I do not love Gus.  I do not like Gus.  I do not hate Gus.  I do not even dislike Gus.  That said, I also do not want Gus to fail at his job, because that means Auburn football suffers.  I have wanted Gus to succeed, even when I stopped expecting it a few years ago, because his success is Auburn's success.

When you look at the statements/articles that the site lists in the OP, it becomes disturbing when you realize that you can freely swap several dates and several opponents around, without any real impact on the big picture.  That says more about the state of Auburn football under Gus than any of us probably ever could.  For what Auburn is willing to pay, they can get a great football coach AND a great ambassador, or they could even hire one of each.  Either way, it has become abundantly obvious that Gus has not, and most likely will not deliver on what he is actually being paid to achieve.  Auburn has already made him a multi-millionaire, so it is not like he and his family will be reduced to homeless shelters and soup kitchens when he is fired.

These must be old quotes because IIRC, after the UF & LSU games, the media all said how silly we Auburn fans were for wanting Gus replaced.  Surely they didn't just all have an epiphany after the jawja game?

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

These must be old quotes because IIRC, after the UF & LSU games, the media all said how silly we Auburn fans were for wanting Gus replaced.  Surely they didn't just all have an epiphany after the jawja game?

That they are old quotes, that are still relevant with dates and names changed, is kinda the point.

Barrett post Saturday's game.... My emphasis

3. Gus Malzahn is wasting another season: The Tigers defense has kept them in every game for the last two seasons, but the offense has prevented them from even being division title contenders. At what point does that fall on Malzahn's shoulders? Now … or, if Doc Brown can fire up his Delorean and go back in time, maybe this time last year.

Malzahn is supposed to be an offensive guru. Yet, in six games against FBS winning teams in 2019, the Tigers have averaged just 324.3 yards per game and 4.46 yards per play. Simply put ... he's a liability, not a strength. If Auburn had just an average offense, this team would be one of college football's perennial heavyweights. Instead, Malzahn has become one of the the biggest liabilities in college football. It's another wasted season on the Plains, and this time the natives could be getting restless enough to make a change.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/georgia-vs-auburn-score-takeaways-dawgs-hold-off-late-rally-clinch-third-straight-sec-east-title/

5 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

And these quotes were from a year or two ago, if I remember correctly... because I think I've seen them before. So much seems so unavoidable...😢😢

I was about to say....that one from Brandon Marcello about the defense quitting raised a major flag with me....that defense has not a quit at all this year and BM is not dumb enough to imply such.

24 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

That they are old quotes, that are still relevant with dates and names changed, is kinda the point.

Ah, I didn't look at it from that angle.

Yes...VERY good point!

4 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Well them folks can stay off the Gus bus cause when we beat Row Tyde we ain’t opening the doors to the bus.

Beating Bama with their backup QB playing will not make me get back in the bus. I’d love to beat Bama and we should win this game (which will make it even worse on Gus if we lose) 

Archived