Men vs Colgate Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, gravejd said:

So when do we start talking about this team being better then last season?? Holy crap!!

When we beat another tube of toothpaste? I couldn’t help it....

some serious marksmanship tonight.....very nice win.

One of the best games I have seen Wiley play!!! War damn!!! Good win against a team who returned 5 starters from a NCAA tourney team.

Devan Cambridge is definitely doing a great job of spacing, looks to be more athletic than anyone we had the past two seasons, definitely is fulfilling the Dunbar role, on court so far. Cant expect him to be as vocal, but hes everything you want from a glue guy on the wing

Awesome game to be at in person! Does anyone know why Franklin isn’t playing? It may have been stated, but I don’t remember reading about it. I’m just realizing he hasn’t gotten in all season. Is he recovering from injury still? 

A reporter asked doughty about his turning around before the step back three went down. He asked about it being disrespectful ??? Can someone explain to me what he meant by that?

Another fun game to watch and no nailbiting. Disappointed at the turnout though. Students were there in force but lots of empty seats otherwise. We are loaded with talent and now have a top 10 recruiting class. WDE!!

I will go ahead and say this, as an alumni and long time basketball fan, this Auburn team has the potential to be as good as last year's team. They are going to do it in a slightly different way, but win just as much.  These teams may be mid-majors but they are all top tier mid majors predicted to win or finish at the top of their respective conferences and AU is taking them to the woodshed.  Meanwhile, teams ranked above AU are barely sqeaking by or in some cases getting beat. These last two games really have been amazing and this years team is really showing what they are capable of. 

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

A reporter asked doughty about his turning around before the step back three went down. He asked about it being disrespectful ??? Can someone explain to me what he meant by that?

That reporter is a buzzkill lol. It was flashy but there’s not even anyone for it to have been disrespectful towards

I think objectively speaking, this Auburn team should be able to beat, maybe even be favored, against our SEC contemporaries 

1. UK - sucks without Montgomery. Not as much size as last year (which wouldn’t be as much of an issue), front court sucks, not much established depth yet. 
2. Florida - can’t shoot. Seems like another year where you need to shut down their 2 best guys but if you can...Samir and Okoro should be able to handle Blackshear

3. LSU - I don’t have a great read on them yet, I think they’re probably more talented than UF and maybe UK too, but they’re raw based on the VCU game I seen. Watford is a PROBLEM 

I got to watch more on UT to get a read on them but their defense got really tested by Tevin Brown, especially from outside. Couple things Samir could emulate 

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think objectively speaking, this Auburn team should be able to beat, maybe even be favored, against our SEC contemporaries 

1. UK - sucks without Montgomery. Not as much size as last year (which wouldn’t be as much of an issue), front court sucks, not much established depth yet. 
2. Florida - can’t shoot. Seems like another year where you need to shut down their 2 best guys but if you can...Samir and Okoro should be able to handle Blackshear

3. LSU - I don’t have a great read on them yet, I think they’re probably more talented than UF and maybe UK too, but they’re raw based on the VCU game I seen. Watford is a PROBLEM 

I got to watch more on UT to get a read on them but their defense got really tested by Tevin Brown, especially from outside. Couple things Samir could emulate 

Can Will Wade dial it back a bit already?! Or can the NCAA get him to do so lol? He got another 5 star commit over UCLA today. He is a pain in our ass because of the talent he is able to amass.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Can Will wade leave?  Or can the NCAA get him to do so lol? He got another 5 star commit over UCLA today. He is a pain in our ass because of the talent he is able to amass.

I don't understand how Wade was investigated by the NCAA with a tape recording of him saying to pay a player, and he is already cleared.  But when it comes to Auburn the NCAA is taking their time.

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I don't understand how Wade was investigated by the NCAA with a tape recording of him saying to pay a player, and he is already cleared.  But when it comes to Auburn the NCAA is taking their time.

You just need to understand where Emmert's Bodies are buried to know why LSU hasn't been touched

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Can Will Wade dial it back a bit already?! Or can the NCAA get him to do so lol? He got another 5 star commit over UCLA today. He is a pain in our ass because of the talent he is able to amass

He made him a strong f'ing offer. What do you expect?

As an aside, how can any school ever be  punished by the NCAA and not fight it legally or something? With the recorded conversations and documentation we've seen at LSU, Arizona, UNC...and literally nothing of consequence happens. What a joke....

Archived