Lot of smoke out there today

aubiefifty

Enjoyed my time this morning talking Auburn football with and on SportsRadio 740. Believe they will have a lot to talk about in the coming days and weeks regarding the state of the AU program.

Any word on if the Iron Bowl will impact Gus’s job?

I don’t see that game having much of an effect on his future.

Any idea about who his replacement will be Mike?

If there’s a change, my guess is Kevin Steele would be the choice.

How do you see it shaking out

Too early to tell. Lot of smoke out there today. I do believe whatever is going to happen has essentially been decided.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

26 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Too early to tell. Lot of smoke out there today. I do believe whatever is going to happen has essentially been decided.

Right?, Wrong?, Maybe? If the Guster has any wind of something going on like this, he maybe weighing his options, or what he wants to do. I say that the PTB and the AD Green only know for sure.

I’m not sure how I’d feel about hiring Steel as the HC. He’s been great on the defensive side but running the whole show🤷🏼‍♂️.

Smoke started late yesterday, and I've only seen it pick up since then. Not sure how much truth there is, but apparently there have been conversations going on behind the scenes and practice wasn't held yesterday. 

Can anyone confirm the no practice piece for me? Was it really cancelled? I know this stirs the pot, but that's not my intention. I genuinely don't know if this is true. 

I could be wrong, but if something is going on I don't think there's gonna be much smoke at all. I think the administration will go the extra mile to keep things under wraps after last year's Bob Stoops debacle. Might as well start tracking flights out of Auburn. This dude knows as much as anyone on this board does.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Seeing the thread title and who started it, I really wasn't sure where this was gonna be heading.

Aww MAN! You beat me to it!

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Seeing the thread title and who started it, I really wasn't sure where this was gonna be heading.

Oh, please.  Mr Gus is Out thread starter.  :poke:

I hope we don’t knee jerk and make Steele HC. I’d be fine with him being interim at this point and at least give him an interview but I’d rather get the right guy than have a band aid cover right now. Even if that means waiting for Cristobal after the CFP. I think that was our mistake last time missing on Kirby was giving an ultimatum to come now vs letting them finish out their season. Who knows though. 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ummm, I don't want Steele as a headcoach

It wouldn't bother me much. He would be exactly the CEO type we could use and the players love him

22 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I’m not sure how I’d feel about hiring Steel as the HC. He’s been great on the defensive side but running the whole show🤷🏼‍♂️.

I'm sure they mean as Interim Head Coach. Now, would Kodi Burns or Dillingham be the OC for the remainder of the games?

Likely it doesn't matter because Gus will finish out the season and then a full search will begin. I earnestly don't believe they would pick Steele as anything other than an interim option.

4 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

On the topic, saw on another board where Steele has supposedly said if Gus stays, he leaves. Don’t know how true it is.

But if there's a new HC he might not get to stay either.  

Kevin Steele - Head Coach - General Manager like Coach O

Travis Williams & Rodney Garner - Co-Defensive Coordinators

Keep Marcus Woodson and Wesley McGriff

Keep Cadillac Williams and Larry Porter the rest of the offensive staff I wish the best somewhere else.

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ummm, I don't want Steele as a headcoach

I'm down as an Interim option if Gus is gone today. We could do better though if we do move on from Gus.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Kevin Steele - Head Coach - General Manager like Coach O

Travis Williams & Rodney Garner - Co-Defensive Coordinators

Keep Marcus Woodson and Wesley McGriff

Keep Cadillac Williams and Larry Porter the rest of the offensive staff I wish the best somewhere else.

Dilly has proven himself as a recruiter. I wonder what he could do uncuffed.

Not interested in Steele as HC either. Doesn't mean he can't be good but that ain't the type of splash I'm lookin for

Steele solves a lot of issues. Gets Gus out, maintains continuity, keeps D staff intact, saves a lot of extra $ in buyouts. It's not a horrible idea.

Archived