Lot of smoke out there today

aubiefifty

I hope Auburn has a new head coach already lined up to take over as soon as Malzahn is fired. We can't afford to waste time looking for a new head coach. We must have Mario Cristobal #1 or Bob Stoops #2 already waiting behind the scenes.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Tiger said:

Not interested in Steele as HC either. Doesn't mean he can't be good but that ain't the type of splash I'm lookin for

Name a time in Auburn history where a 'splash hire' was made for the head football coach, and after-the-fact success doesn't count...

You're in for a long wait, my friend.

1 hour ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Surely IF there is validity to all of this, Gus will not be cut loose until after the buyout goes down in December.

Arkansas has an immediate opening I heard.

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Arkansas has an immediate opening I heard.

If they don't jump, FSU and who else might? 

1 hour ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Surely IF there is validity to all of this, Gus will not be cut loose until after the buyout goes down in December.

Buyout drops to 21 mil on Jan 1st

3 hours ago, selias said:

I've been heads down with work all day. What is getting everyone all excited about Auburn making a move on ousting Gus?

Nothing just internet wishful thinking back and forth working up a lather.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes

Even if the interim were the solid sell (with the visible record despite an offensive counterpart) simply holding the fort "just until"? 😁🤨😉

9 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Even if the interim were the solid sell (with the visible record despite an offensive counterpart) simply holding the fort "just until"? 😁🤨😉

50/50

Just now, bigbird said:

50/50

Does it up the 50/50 if the "just until" is just until January? Does it improve offensive recruiting to anticipate a change? Do they like what they currently see? 

Matt Rhule, Mike Norvell, Bill Clark, Bob Stoops Gus will likely be back for 2020 regardless of the Iron Bowl though.  I think Steele stays as DC in that he has autonomy on that side of the ball and Gus leaves him alone. We will see. We have the perfect opportunity though to beat bammer without Tua.  I think our D pins their ears back and makes Mack Jones miserable all game. I think Gus will go 2 minute offense far more this game than any in a long time.  We go 9-3 and win a bowl game at 10-3, it would be hard to get rid of Gus. If Gus can go 8-4 or 9-3 in 2020, this would be a good season with breaking in a new OL & DL. Maybe some of the young bucks on the DL will emerge as bonafide players in 2020. 

Who knows folks.....who knows....just trying to look at both sides of the situation is all if this makes sense! The UGA game reminded me a lot of the 2018 TAMU game except we lost. Lot of parallels with that game.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I hope Auburn has a new head coach already lined up to take over as soon as Malzahn is fired. We can't afford to waste time looking for a new head coach. We must have Mario Cristobal #1 or Bob Stoops #2 already waiting behind the scenes.

From a recruiting standpoint you’re exactly right about the urgency.

8 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Matt Rhule, Mike Norvell, Bill Clark, Bob Stoops Gus will likely be back for 2020 regardless of the Iron Bowl though.  I think Steele stays as DC in that he has autonomy on that side of the ball and Gus leaves him alone. We will see. We have the perfect opportunity though to beat bammer without Tua.  I think our D pins their ears back and makes Mack Jones miserable all game. I think Gus will go 2 minute offense far more this game than any in a long time.  We go 9-3 and win a bowl game at 10-3, it would be hard to get rid of Gus. If Gus can go 8-4 or 9-3 in 2020, this would be a good season with breaking in a new OL & DL. Maybe some of the young bucks on the DL will emerge as bonafide players in 2020. 

Who knows folks.....who knows....just trying to look at both sides of the situation is all if this makes sense! The UGA game reminded me a lot of the 2018 TAMU game except we lost. Lot of parallels with that game.

A little tongue in cheek with this one! My patience with Gus is running on low. Only time will tell the story!

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Doing that in 2003 got us a lot of negative press.

3 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

If they don't jump, FSU and who else might? 

Unfortunately I think this will sum up our coaching search if it occurs, especially with the talk of Steele being the front runner:

10 hours ago, doc4aday said:

A little tongue in cheek with this one! My patience with Gus is running on low. Only time will tell the story!

It’s not as much that we have lost but how we have lost. All three loses the offense has looked completely unprepared and Gus refuses to adapt to the players he has. Watch the game tape and you will see all the missed blocking assignments and just flat out dumb play calling the 1st 3 quarters which for this group is inexcusable.

25 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

It’s not as much that we have lost but how we have lost. All three loses the offense has looked completely unprepared and Gus refuses to adapt to the players he has. Watch the game tape and you will see all the missed blocking assignments and just flat out dumb play calling the 1st 3 quarters which for this group is inexcusable.

Completely understandable seeing that the offense is a work in progress after ten games. Just wait, we're almost there, just two more games and Gus will probably have it figured out.

Maybe if we went to a 16 game schedule that would give Gus enough time to figure out his offense and pull off 10 win seasons. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Maybe if we went to a 16 game schedule that would give Gus enough time to figure out his offense and pull off 10 win seasons. 

He should probably get an NFL job.  They play a 16 game season.

2 hours ago, triangletiger said:

He should probably get an NFL job.  They play a 16 game season.

He'd then lose 6+/yr

Archived