Lot of smoke out there today

aubiefifty

even though they dont have tua  bammer still has play makers on offense  jeudy, ruggs, smith, waddle, harris just to name a few we may win. but we need to get to mac jones early and often to keep him from  finding a rhythym with those receivers and we must contain harris

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2019 at 1:40 PM, Zeek said:

Oh yeah, it can happen but it's more of an exception than a rule. 

Orgeron  got  lucky in one case in that he was able to persuade Joe Burrow to transfer in and made a spectacular coaching hire to install the passing offense to set Burrow up in high cotton. We surely did not get our "luck" in a graduate transfer nor a "spectacular" coaching hire to help our offense. It is what it is.

I never thought it was much of pick up, but Burrow has proven me wrong.   I was surprised by how tough he played last year, but he has really played lights out this year.   He is a bit cocky, but he is also tough as nails 

Got a question for a few of our insiders @bigbird @passthebiscuits @WarDamnEagleWDE if you care to answer. Phillip Marshall made a forum post earlier about how he had sources tell him that Gus will return for 2020 barring a blowout loss to Alabama or him leaving on his own. How does that stack up with things you're hearing? If you're in a divulgatory mood of course. Thanks.

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Auburn football is no longer fun. The kids aren't developing. The product is mind numbing. The coach has no connection with the fans. The program doesn't embody the University. 

We are tired. Auburn people are tired of this and Gus has to go. 

Just imagine or remember the feeling of having a head coach who was a real genuine person. Talked straight, competed, and whose personality bled all the way down to the fans. We need that back and it isn't a big ask.

The kids on the offensive side aren’t developing. Otherwise agree with you, it’s just not fun anymore. 

2 hours ago, au701948 said:

Orgeron  got  lucky in one case in that he was able to persuade Joe Burrow to transfer in and made a spectacular coaching hire to install the passing offense to set Burrow up in high cotton. We surely did not get our "luck" in a graduate transfer nor a "spectacular" coaching hire to help our offense. It is what it is.

So...Orgeron recruiting a transfer to come play for him at LSU and then hiring a talented offensive coordinator in Brady who made LSU an explosive offense and turned Burrow into a first round draft pick is just Orgeron “getting lucky“?

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Auburn football is no longer fun. The kids aren't developing. The product is mind numbing. The coach has no connection with the fans. The program doesn't embody the University. 

We are tired. Auburn people are tired of this and Gus has to go. 

Just imagine or remember the feeling of having a head coach who was a real genuine person. Talked straight, competed, and whose personality bled all the way down to the fans. We need that back and it isn't a big ask.

That’s all fine and I’m not gonna argue any of your points but it’s all based on emotion.  When making a change that requires the type of capital it will cost this university to get rid of Gus it becomes a business decision.  Morris and Taggart got canned because people were not showing up for any of the games and multiple losing seasons.  Auburn and Gus are nowhere near that.  Auburn is fielding competitive teams against other top 10 opponents.  Samford may be a weak crowd but Bama will be just as wild and crazy as UGA.  It may be ugly but if Auburn gets away with the W in the Iron Bowl and heads to a top tier bowl there is no way to touch Gus.  Those hoping for Arky to save the day need to realize that they just spent a bunch of money to get rid of Morris and it would cost them another 7mill to get Gus plus whatever Gus would ask for which I’d imagine at least 4-5mill a year. 

those comparing this to Richt and Miles.  Richt was paid 4mil and Miles 1.5mil.  That makes those decisions a lot easier.

9 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Got a question for a few of our insiders @bigbird @passthebiscuits @WarDamnEagleWDE if you care to answer. Phillip Marshall made a forum post earlier about how he had sources tell him that Gus will return for 2020 barring a blowout loss to Alabama or him leaving on his own. How does that stack up with things you're hearing? If you're in a divulgatory mood of course. Thanks.

I also have source and no on can talk my source of course unless of course......

11 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I never thought it was much of pick up, but Burrow has proven me wrong.   I was surprised by how tough he played last year, but he has really played lights out this year.   He is a bit cocky, but he is also tough as nails 

Nothing to do with auburn but how much of their success is dependent on him vs the scheme/coaching. Guess we will find out next year. But Burrow makes throws that I haven’t seen many college quarterbacks make. I’m hoping he’s their cam. Regardless of our coach, to have to deal with them,  Bama and Georgia will be exhausting.

Smoke goes with fire right?

Where's the fire? 

Did the turtle put it out with water? How much smoke was there?

Where is the gratitude for what has been accomplished this season with the facts we have been faced with? 

When has Auburn been blown out? How many GREAT defenses has Auburn faced this year? Despite the oh my what 3 losses with a freshman quarterback who is adjusting to the college game? I'm confused about the smoke.  Why does no one want to help me? squirtle, squritle.

6 minutes ago, Shad_sensei said:

Where's the fire? 

Where is the gratitude for what has been accomplished this season with the facts we have been faced with? 

When has Auburn been blown out? How many GREAT defenses has Auburn faced this year? Despite the oh my what 3 losses with a freshman quarterback who is adjusting to the college game? I'm confused about the smoke.  Why does no one want to help me? squirtle, squritle.

Try reading the board. It has been explained time and time again why people are fed up with Gus. 

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Try reading the board. It has been explained time and time again why people are fed up with Gus. 

This thread is trash if I have to read the board. If there is smoke show me the fire. If not this is a time waster. 

13 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

If Gus is safe, Greene should have said so publicly.  It tells me that things are still fluid, which basically is all PMarsh said.

7 minutes ago, Shad_sensei said:

This thread is trash if I have to read the board. If there is smoke show me the fire. If not this is a time waster. 

It would be terrible to waste time in here when you could be on a pokeman forum instead.  Feel free to find the exit.

4 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

I also have source and no on can talk my source of course unless of course......

23 minutes ago, Shad_sensei said:

Where's the fire? 

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

So...Orgeron recruiting a transfer to come play for him at LSU and then hiring a talented offensive coordinator in Brady who made LSU an explosive offense and turned Burrow into a first round draft pick is just Orgeron “getting lucky“?

Orgeron had several holes to fill on that roster when he took over from Miles.  He brought in Juco's and transfers to fill out the deficiencies on the roster and built to what it is today.  He hired a staff and gave them a vision and a plan, the defense is nothing to write home about but that offense is top shelf.

Orgeron is not lucky, he is determined and has a plan and he said himself "hire the best staff available and let 'em do their job".  He obviously knows his limitations and is flexible enough to let others do what they do.

12 hours ago, Win4AU said:

That’s all fine and I’m not gonna argue any of your points but it’s all based on emotion.  When making a change that requires the type of capital it will cost this university to get rid of Gus it becomes a business decision.  Morris and Taggart got canned because people were not showing up for any of the games and multiple losing seasons.  Auburn and Gus are nowhere near that.  Auburn is fielding competitive teams against other top 10 opponents.  Samford may be a weak crowd but Bama will be just as wild and crazy as UGA.  It may be ugly but if Auburn gets away with the W in the Iron Bowl and heads to a top tier bowl there is no way to touch Gus.  Those hoping for Arky to save the day need to realize that they just spent a bunch of money to get rid of Morris and it would cost them another 7mill to get Gus plus whatever Gus would ask for which I’d imagine at least 4-5mill a year. 

those comparing this to Richt and Miles.  Richt was paid 4mil and Miles 1.5mil.  That makes those decisions a lot easier.

Can we waive the buy out?

22 minutes ago, Shad_sensei said:

Look Gus, this is a forum for people with absolutely no power. You got nothing to worry about.

Go back to coaching them up and some more really good practices.  It'll all be fine.

Trust me.

This is an excerpt from Football Scoop regarding Arkansas:

“Additionally, sources said a Gus Malzahn reunion is not expected to happen. The famed former ultra-successful Arkansas high school coach and former Hogs offensive coordinator was heavily pursued by Arkansas in 2017, but he elected to remain at Auburn with a 7-year, $49 million contract. Word within the coaching profession is that Malzahn is not interested in using Arkansas as an exit ramp out of Auburn in what can fairly be described as a tenuous situation on the Plains.”

8 minutes ago, Shad_sensei said:

I heard from the smoke that Gus will be head coach in 2020. 

That's very likely. 

It would be hard as hell to can a HC that beats his biggest rival and finishes with a 9-10 win season with a green QB amidst a savage schedule.  He would have shown improvement in the W-L column and he'll use the recruiting class as leverage to solidify his position.

26 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Look Gus, this is a forum for people with absolutely no power. You got nothing to worry about.

Go back to coaching them up and some more really good practices.  It'll all be fine.

Trust me.

Do not feed.

52 minutes ago, Shad_sensei said:

Another damn millennial on the board...😎

Archived