Auburn at #15

BJCrawford

Color me surprised.  They were talking about Auburn and saying the committee respects the team. Seems so opposite of our fan base (not starting a controversy here, just found it interesting)

13 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Color me surprised.  They were talking about Auburn and saying the committee respects the team. Seems so opposite of our fan base (not starting a controversy here, just found it interesting)

Fan base supports the TEAM, just in a myriad of different ways. And many...most...of the coaches, too! 😉 Thanks for posting this though...it just flashed across the screen, and it's nice to see. 

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

There are only 6 teams in the nation that I think would beat us, and 3 of them already have. With half of an offense, we beat those 3. So frustrating.

Maybe so even if we had 1/4th of an offense and a knowledgeable play caller.

4 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

There are only 6 teams in the nation that I think would beat us, and 3 of them already have. With half of an offense, we beat those 3. So frustrating.

Ole Miss was nearly one of those teams. Where do they rank on your list? On a good day, any team in the top 25 could beat Auburn on the road.

7 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Ole Miss was nearly one of those teams. Where do they rank on your list? On a good day, any team in the top 25 could beat Auburn on the road.

Did you see what ole miss did to LSU’s defense? Crazy! They had 400 yards rushing and a total of 600. Now LSU had 700 yards of offense, so their win was never in question. I guess the committee, however, does not agree with your assessment.

4 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

For the sake of the CFP, we will say neutural site. Teams that I think would for sure beat us neutural site would be LSU, Clemson, tOSU, UAt (with Tua), UGA, UF. Maybe throw in Oklahoma, but that would be it. 

Our defense is legit, and nobody else in the Top 25 would be in that class. 

9 minutes ago, AURealist said:

All that #15 for a paltry $7M per year.

Time to sweeten the pot with a raise and extension!

At this pace, we only need to pay him a little North of 21 million a year to get us in the top 4. 

19 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

For the sake of the CFP, we will say neutural site. Teams that I think would for sure beat us neutural site would be LSU, Clemson, tOSU, UAt (with Tua), UGA, UF. Maybe throw in Oklahoma, but that would be it. 

Not many teams on the CFB list would look forward to playing AU.   Gathered from some chat today we might be higher but the committee does not want to have a 3 loss team rated any higher. 

Just my O and B glasses but I would take AU on a neutral site over about half the teams ranked above us including UF in a rematch....:dunno:  Doesn't do us much good but the team is better than many AU people give credit for...JMO. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Not many teams on the CFB list would look forward to playing AU.   Gathered from some chat today we might be higher but the committee does not want to have a 3 loss team rated any higher. 

Just my O and B glasses but I would take AU on a neutral site over about half the teams ranked above us including UF in a rematch....:dunno:  Doesn't do us much good but the team is better than many AU people give credit for...JMO. 

No.  We know this team's potential.  That's the very reason we're all so frustrated.  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Glad you can admit you are bias 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

you’re such a du

4 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

But the offense is not legit. They did absolutely nothing against Georgia until they went zone In the 4th. You can't beat quality opponents on the road if you can't score and have a gimmicky head coach at the helm. 

Outside of Oregon, what was the last ranked team Gus beat on the road, not named A&M?

6 hours ago, DAG said:

Only thing that ranking does his boost Alabama stock once LSU or Georgia loses.

!!! Same thing the AP poll did giving A&M a BS ranking when it came time for them to play Bama. Memphis and Cincy should be ahead of us, 1 loss is 1 loss.

5 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

But the offense is not legit. They did absolutely nothing against Georgia until they went zone In the 4th. You can't beat quality opponents on the road if you can't score and have a gimmicky head coach at the helm. 

Outside of Oregon, what was the last ranked team Gus beat on the road, not named A&M?

I'm not making a point for our offense. I think we are averaging 21 against ranked teams. I think our defense would hold everyone but about 6-7 teams to less than 21. I also said neutural site since that's how the CFP works. You're the one that keeps bringing up road games.

We need a new coach, everyone knows it, but our defense is still the best out there. Because of that, we would beat most teams with the exception of those listed. 

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

lol does anyone care what we’re ranked at this point?

Not really, it's just part of the annual October/November slide

Archived