2020 4* QB Chandler Morris (Oklahoma)

ellitor

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Let’s bring on his dad as an “analyst” or something and finish the deal lol

I'd actually prefer to get away from Gus's O if Gus is let go or moves on to Arky.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I'd actually prefer to get away from Gus's O if Gus is let go or moves on to Arky.

Personally I do not want to go through the growing pains of transitioning to a complete new system.  That is for sure dumpster fire any time you completely change philosophies. 

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Personally I do not want to go through the growing pains of transitioning to a complete new system.  That is for sure dumpster fire any time you completely change philosophies. 

In order to change philosophies, one must first have a philosophy.

Image result for miyagi gif

6 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Has LSU ranked #1 and favorite to win it all.

And they have one of their worse defenses in years.

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

If it's the right guy, it should only take an off-season.  Look at how Brady changed LSU in one off-season.  We have so much talent available that we could easily have a similar turnaround.

I hear you @Auburn Kev @bigbird @McLoofus.  But look at the other 99% of the times that people change Offensive philosophies.  Look at the times we did it.  Look at Michigan.  Look at the other 99% of programs that change schemes.  They are almost always in bad shape for at least a year.  Sure we have plenty of athletes.  And if the right change were to be made then may be we get lucky like LSU.  I am just saying the odds are drastically stacked against us to make philosophy change.

33 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I hear you @Auburn Kev @bigbird @McLoofus.  But look at the other 99% of the times that people change Offensive philosophies.  Look at the times we did it.  Look at Michigan.  Look at the other 99% of programs that change schemes.  They are almost always in bad shape for at least a year.  Sure we have plenty of athletes.  And if the right change were to be made then may be we get lucky like LSU.  I am just saying the odds are drastically stacked against us to make philosophy change.

That's why I said it needs to be the right guy.  For example, Arkansas switching to Morris was gonna take time. Tuberville bringing in Franklin was gonna take time. If we brought in someone like Jeff Scott or Sean Gleeson that transition wouldn't require any time at all to transition too.

31 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

That is for sure dumpster fire any time you completely change philosophies. 

No it's not. It just takes a while fo adjust & acclimate.

More than anything I want a well thought out & comprehensive passing game to be able to go to when we struggle to run the ball.

18 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

They are almost always in bad shape for at least a year. 

IDK about bad shape but struggle for a year sure & that's ok.

19 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I am just saying the odds are drastically stacked against us to make philosophy change.

No it's not. You either don't do it or do it & adjust. Also think about this @LKEEL75, part of the problems we are having this season is Gus is not adjusting his O philosophy to fit our current talent, specifically our weak run blocking OL. We should be passing to set up the run but we aren't due to Gus's philosophy & that he doesn't have any true real pass game concepts.

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Tuberville bringing in Franklin was gonna take time.

Well that & the rest of the O assistants willing to do their jobs.

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Has LSU ranked #1 and favorite to win it all.

And they have one of their worse defenses in years.

Crazy huh?   Still hasn't sunk in....

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

That's what "some" LSU fans thought too.😉

8 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Let’s bring on his dad as an “analyst” or something and finish the deal lol

That sounds like a plan.  It would be a good transition for Chad to get to another big time job.   

6 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

In order to change philosophies, one must first have a philosophy.

Image result for miyagi gif

Pure gold here

Mods usually reign things in when discussion gets way off topic.  Will Morris OV for Iron Bowl . Is it between CM and JC for 2nd QB spot? Are they EE's?

1 hour ago, autan said:

Mods usually reign things in when discussion gets way off topic.

Wasn't off topic long enough to warrant an action.

1 hour ago, autan said:

Will Morris OV for Iron Bowl .

If his high school loses in the playoff this week then maybe but if they win then Nope. He's finishing his season before taking any more OVs.

1 hour ago, autan said:

Is it between CM and JC for 2nd QB spot?

Other names could & likely will pop up.

1 hour ago, autan said:

Are they EE's?

No on Morris & that's good as we will want his recruitment to drag out. Don't know on Criswell.

Wow.....I will be honest...I sort of dismissed C. Morris when I knew it was Chad's son and looked at his size. I do not know why. I just didn't put much stock into him and was kinda blown away when I heard we were going after him.....mistakes on me....I just watched his film....Man he is small but dynamic. This kid is a baller.

He has great pocket composure, sees the field very well, and runs smart and swiftly. He reminds of of Ole' Miss' JR Plumlee. I thnk if he can bulk up enough he could be a great college QB. I am on the Chandler Morris Hype train.

His throwing motion sometimes looks a little funny especially for a coaches son. Does he play Baseball, anyone know? Saw a few baseball type throws. All things that can be corrects

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

His throwing motion sometimes looks a little funny especially for a coaches son. Does he play Baseball, anyone know? Saw a few baseball type throws. All things that can be corrects

Not sure you want to correct it given he has a quick release.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Wasn't off topic long enough to warrant an action.

If his high school loses in the playoff this week then maybe but if they win then Nope. He's finishing his season before taking any more OVs.

Other names could & likely will pop up.

No on Morris & that's good as we will want his recruitment to drag out. Don't know on Criswell.

Why do we want his recruitment dragging out? For more time with him?

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Wow.....I will be honest...I sort of dismissed C. Morris when I knew it was Chad's son and looked at his size. I do not know why. I just didn't put much stock into him and was kinda blown away when I heard we were going after him.....mistakes on me....I just watched his film....Man he is small but dynamic. This kid is a baller.

He has great pocket composure, sees the field very well, and runs smart and swiftly. He reminds of of Ole' Miss' JR Plumlee. I thnk if he can bulk up enough he could be a great college QB. I am on the Chandler Morris Hype train.

I hope he doesn't remind you of Plumlee, bc Plumlee is a terrible passer from what I have seen. If he had any semblance of a passing skill, Ole Miss would have used it. But they simply relied on his running ability to stay in games...

11 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Why do we want his recruitment dragging out?

Because we have recently just got involved & have ground to make up to other teams.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I hope he doesn't remind you of Plumlee, bc Plumlee is a terrible passer from what I have seen. If he had any semblance of a passing skill, Ole Miss would have used it. But they simply relied on his running ability to stay in games...

meant more the way  he runs.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not sure you want to correct it given he has a quick release.

I agree....most throws looked good but I saw a few that were strange. Why I wondered if he played Baseball. I know dual sport guys sometimes need a few weeks to get there motion back completely football. Otherwise I love everything about him minus size.

Archived