2020 4* QB Chandler Morris (Oklahoma)

ellitor

I think it's probably hard to keep two high profile QBs happy. It's always possible for the starter could get injured but no one considers that in their thought process. These elite guys all say they're not afraid of competition but at the same time most of them want a pretty clear path to a starting role in short order. Having two 5* QBs (or high 4*s) on a roster may not be worth it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, autan said:

I think it's probably hard to keep two high profile QBs happy. It's always possible for the starter could get injured but no one considers that in their thought process. These elite guys all say they're not afraid of competition but at the same time most of them want a pretty clear path to a starting role in short order. Having two 5* QBs (or high 4*s) on a roster may not be worth it.

Particularly for that position. THE guy almost always gets 90% of the snaps so....

17 hours ago, autan said:

Debate about how we used (didn't use) Joey aside, this is one reason I hate how people crap on Sandberg. He's a talented, mature backup QB without any 5* delusions of grandeur. 

I agree that Sandberg is grossly underrated by most on this forum. We all knew Willis would transfer when he learned that he was not in the top two.  And there was a good chance 1B might enter the portal at some point. Sandberg was and is a talented and solid 4* QB who is mature and patient and a team first player who probably knew there was a good chance he might be No. 2 guy by mid season. We're lucky to have CS on our team. He could be starting for some Power 5 teams.

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

So, ummm.  Did we just land a QB, too?

No. He still trending elsewhere, Particularly Oklahoma.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. He still training elsewhere,Particularly Oklahoma.

Rattler

Vanderguard 

Morris too???

better hope Lincoln Riley goes to Dallas 

10 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

As a Cowboys fan I sure hope so. I’m tired of Jason Garrett and Dak needs the development at QB

11 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Rattler

Vanderguard 

Morris too???

That is what I am saying!!! He needs a Option C AU and especially Oklahoma is not ideal situations for him. That Vandagriff kid is a freaking stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud and a Auburn legacy :[. I understand why he would want to go play for Riley over Gus lol. But it still HURTS! I think Chandler Morris needs to go to a Baylor or TCU type school.

I thought if the assistant transferred to a school, then his son could not go to the same school. Maybe it is a high school assistant and son? 

E - can you clarify? 

1 minute ago, Roos said:

I thought if the assistant transferred to a school, then his son could not go to the same school. Maybe it is a high school assistant and son? 

E - can you clarify? 

You can hire them as a on field coach. Not as a  analyst.

No way this guy goes to Oklahoma probably goes to somewhere nobody is looking. Can't really see him at Auburn unless the deal to get Chad Morris was also to get his son. They just can't afford to have two qb scholarships given this year.

1 minute ago, Mysticbear said:

No way this guy goes to Oklahoma probably goes to somewhere nobody is looking. Can't really see him at Auburn unless the deal to get Chad Morris was also to get his son. They just can't afford to have two qb scholarships given this year.

With only two QBs currently on scholarship, Auburn needd to bring in two in the upcoming recruiting class. 

3 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

Rather have Morris and Garnett or Juco offensive Lineman 

Four scholarship quarterbacks should be the minimum number for a major college football program.

5 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

Rather have Morris and Garnett or Juco offensive Lineman 

Speaking of Garnett, did he commit to Auburn the school or did he commit because of Dilly was there at the time?

Just now, Auburn Kev said:

Four scholarship quarterbacks should be the minimum number for a major college football program.

I just think Sandberg is a good backup and either one of this year's recruits not both is enough for Auburn. Especially if you have the chance at improving the O-line.

3 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

I just think Sandberg is a good backup and either one of this year's recruits not both is enough for Auburn. Especially if you have the chance at improving the O-line.

Auburn is addressing O-line depth with the current recruiting class. 

Need to have QB depth and three on scholarship will not cut it. 

17 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

Auburn needs to go get Robby Ashford and develop him. Because he plays baseball you could get him and he could still play football using the baseball scholarship.

That ship sailed a year ago. The staff wants two QBs in this class if they can get them. 

52 minutes ago, ellitor said:

As a Cowboys fan I sure hope so. I’m tired of Jason Garrett and Dak needs the development at QB

As a Cowboy hater, I love Jason Garrett

23 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

Auburn needs to go get Robby Ashford and develop him. Because he plays baseball you could get him and he could still play football using the baseball scholarship.

Nope

26 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

I think you have that backwards.  The "scholarships" for baseball are not full rides.  No kid is playing football & baseball on baseball scholarship.

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

I think you have that backwards.  The "scholarships" for baseball are not full rides.  No kid is playing football & baseball on baseball scholarship.

They're not allowed to

Archived