2020 4* QB Chandler Morris (Oklahoma)

ellitor

2 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

I mean I don't know the full details but I mean the kid was good in baseball and can't you just give him half of both scholarships and call it even so he can play both sports?

Nope

Bear used to stash players on all sorts of different spots scholarships. NCAA cleaned that up years ago

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

They just can't afford to have two qb scholarships given this year.

With Joey gone yes they can & likely will even if it's a transfer later in the process.

40 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Speaking of Garnett, did he commit to Auburn the school or did he commit because of Dilly was there at the time?

The school. He should be locked in.

31 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

Auburn needs to go get Robby Ashford and develop him. Because he plays baseball you could get him and he could still play football using the baseball scholarship.

Would have to develop him as a person also. That's the reason AU moved away from him early in the class. A lot of negative vibes on him in the Hoover area.

10 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:
36 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

Auburn needs to go get Robby Ashford and develop him. Because he plays baseball you could get him and he could still play football using the baseball scholarship.

I think you have that backwards.  The "scholarships" for baseball are not full rides.  No kid is playing football & baseball on baseball scholarship.

This is correct. Any 2 sport students playing football has to count to the football 85 & 25 limits.

10 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

I mean I don't know the full details but I mean the kid was good in baseball and can't you just give him half of both scholarships and call it even so he can play both sports?

No. If a student athlete is on a scholly playing football he might as well get the football full ride since that's how the NCAA counts it anyway. The athlete can then play baseball without having to take up any of the baseball's 11.7 schollies that have to be divided up between roughly 30 players.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Would have to develop him as a person also. That's the reason AU moved away from him early in the class. A lot of negative vibes on him in the Hoover area.

I mean there was a reason he is the #1 qb in AL why not recruit him. I know he has some bad attitude problems and looks like he doesn't care a lot but he is the #1 qb for a reason.

1 minute ago, Mysticbear said:

I mean there was a reason he is the #1 qb in AL why not recruit him

Because of the headache in the locker room he could be based on his current behavior in high school. This isn't an EASports video game where you simply take the highest rated players you can. This is real life where things like personality have to fit with the program as well.

I have no doubts that AU could flip Ashford right now if they put the full court press on him.  I'm probably wrong but I just don't think he is the right fit our our team.  There are other talented QBs out there.

2 hours ago, Mysticbear said:

Good timing on this post he just decommited from Ole Miss.

Just now, bg5 said:

Good timing on this post he just decommited from Ole Miss.

Can't use the Baseball scholarship for Football though.

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

That Vandagriff kid is a freaking stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud and a Auburn legacy :[. I understand why he would want to go play for Riley over Gus lol. But it still HURTS!

I'm with you here. Fuggin sucks that we'll lose out on another elite kid who grew up All Auburn.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

No. He still trending elsewhere, Particularly Oklahoma.

I thought Chandler was training to be a Heisman finalist for Sooners.  Seriously though it's hard to understand a low 4* choosing to compete with two 5* QBs (Rattler and Vandagriff). I'm sure CM would get good coaching from Riley and his staff but it would have to be a long shot to put that coaching in action on the field.

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Wonder if Chandler will follow his dad to Auburn.

I can't speak for Chandler....but when I was 18....if My dad had been a college coach....NO WAY IN HELL would I be going to play for him in college. I love my Dad and was very thankful to have him as a coach when I was a young kid....but I don't think I could have done it.

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

I wonder if Tua will decide to not turn pro and transfer to Auburn.  

He will read this, think it's real, & ask about it the next 8 months. lol

Archived