Why Gus is going to be fired.

ToomersStreet

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Oh, I've been paying attention. Paying attention to a bunch of crybaby whiners that gripe about perceived problems but offer no solution except try something from a grab bag and if that doesn't work, gripe about how that decision was somebody else's fault.

🤡🤡

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Oh, I've been paying attention. Paying attention to a bunch of crybaby whiners that gripe about perceived problems but offer no solution except try something from a grab bag and if that doesn't work, gripe about how that decision was somebody else's fault.

1. There are not perceived problems. There are glaring problems. We run a high school offense in the best league in college football. Our offensive line recruiting has been a joke since 2013. Our evaluation and improvement on the talent we bring in is a joke because our offensive assistants are yes men with little to no power 5 experience. Strength breeds strength and that is no different in how you pick your assistants.  

2. We make suggestions on here cause it’s a forum. Grab bagging is a part of that get over it. 

3. As much issues as Gus has caused and even my own personal criticisms, everything can’t be blamed on him. Bo has lost us some games along with our offensive line, WR dropping balls, RBs fumbling, secondary giving up big plays in our losses, etc. However in the end the buck stops with the guy wearing the visor. If you’re fine with beating top ten teams 33% of the time, your rivals 29% of the time and beating top 25 teams 47% of the time then bully for you. I can’t accept that with the resources our great university has. 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

perceived problems

Can you please give an examples of perceived problems that really aren't problems?

I don't understand the logic of you can see a problem but if you don't have a solution shut up. That is dumb as hell....we're on a freaking message board. Lol, you can't talk about the NCAA if you don't have a solution in detail. Don't talk about Gus running it up the middle over and over again unless you have a college gameplan.....don't talk about a contract unless you can come up with the buyout money....lol

Why

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I don't understand the logic of you can see a problem but if you don't have a solution shut up. That is dumb as hell....we're on a freaking message board. Lol, you can't talk about the NCAA if you don't have a solution in detail. Don't talk about Gus running it up the middle over and over again unless you have a college gameplan.....don't talk about a contract unless you can come up with the buyout money....lol

Why

Thank you. People on here acting like we are the ones making the decisions for Auburn’s future. I’m just letting off steam until we get someone else in. 😂

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Why

Their reaction is to come on here and whine and cry about whining and crying...and their solution is to keep the guy who has proven he can’t get the job done...then accuse us of having no solutions...🤷‍♂️

34 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Thank you. People on here acting like we are the ones making the decisions for Auburn’s future. I’m just letting off steam until we get someone else in. 😂

We are running off recruits haven't you heard? smh

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

The last thing we need is the PTB sticking their noises BACK into places where those noses don't belong. I thought meddling was a no-no? It's Malzahn's team he should be allowed to sink or swim with his own decisions.

and the fanbase and the economy of the city of Auburn should sink with Gus. Lets all go down..down...down 

8 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

and the fanbase and the economy of the city of Auburn should sink with Gus. Lets all go down..down...down 

I didn't see empty seats at the UGA game. Samford in the rain, that game wouldn't have drawn a sellout crowd or even a reasonable crowd under any circumstances.

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I didn't see empty seats at the UGA game. Samford in the rain, that game wouldn't have drawn a sellout crowd or even a reasonable crowd under any circumstances.

Then you weren't at the UGA game.  There were absolutely some seats to be had in the upper deck.  Not many, but there were empty spots.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Then you weren't at the UGA game.  There were absolutely some seats to be had in the upper deck.  Not many, but there were empty spots.

I've seen fewer empty seats at Auburn than there are at most televised SEC games. I didn't notice empty areas at the AU/ UGA game but if you say you saw some I won't dispute your word.

On 11/24/2019 at 11:54 PM, Mikey said:

I've seen fewer empty seats at Auburn than there are at most televised SEC games. I didn't notice empty areas at the AU/ UGA game but if you say you saw some I won't dispute your word.

I was in the stadium yesterday and didn’t see any empty seats, well not before they went into the field. 

I think Gus called a great game and deserves another year - but why in the world would you kick it to Waddle?! Why would you change your entire kickoff philosophy for this game?! Why would you not kick the ball out of the end zone when Carlson has been doing it ALL year?! I can’t even count the number of yards that we gave up unnecessarily in the kicking game.

He clearly still hasn’t learned his lesson from the 2013/14 National Championship Game. 

To me yesterday was a great win but Gus did not do anything to change my mind about him.  He still showed me he could could not control a blitz.  Our offense ran up a massive 354 total yards.  While that offense won yesterday I would not count on it winning very many games in the future.  Alabama did a lot to help auburn win.  Keep this game in prospective, remember how giddy we were after the Iron Bowl in 2017.

20 minutes ago, Carnell said:

To me yesterday was a great win but Gus did not do anything to change my mind about him.  He still showed me he could could not control a blitz.  Our offense ran up a massive 354 total yards.  While that offense won yesterday I would not count on it winning very many games in the future.  Alabama did a lot to help auburn win.  Keep this game in perspective, remember how giddy we were after the Iron Bowl in 2017.

Wisdom. Emotions are a very powerful thing. They naturally run rampant after an experience like last night, long-awaited, much-elated. Giddy is an excellent word. Need that firm balance of emotion coupled with logic. Head, heart, hope, patterns, and timing all have a part to play. War Eagle!

Great win yesterday...we had some special plays on Offense but Defense won us the game.  We should have run the ball more and it would have limited bama's possessions by at least two.  Yes we had success in running it and should have done more in the first half to wear them down more and had more qb runs.  I think we will be back here next year talking about firing Gus.  I can understand the emotional high of ruining bama's playoff hopes but let's be real...what changed from the loss to UGA to now?  a couple of wins?  well what has changed in the play calling?  Coaching? The arguments by the coaches on the sidelines?  really the answer is nothing has changed but we will have a lot of talent leave this team and we will be in a potentially worse case next year.  (I hope I am wrong)  I just want to have some changes in this offense so it can be less predictable and will win us the games where the defense is having a rough game.  We know what happens when the o isn't working right but our D is on point...they keep us in the game...so yep we won and I am extremely happy about that but I don't think we utilize our strengths and personnel enough nor have we done anything different with the offense to make a significant difference.  Also, for those who point to SOS, hey those teams have to face us also and we aren't exactly a pushover with our defense, now our O on the otherhand....

I think a win over Bama has bought Gus another year. I do still believe changes on offense need to be made. I also believe the win, as far as optics and professionalism are concerned, allows some coaching moves to be made while saving face.

Two years in charge of the OL and I don't see the improvement. Maybe JB Grimes just doesn't have "it", maybe he never had it and exceptional talent had masked the coaching ability, maybe he had it once and the game has gotten ahead of him... But in the end a lot of our Offensive woes can be fixed with better line play. It's probably time he "retire"

Because I don't really know what Kodi Burns' role is as WR coach and how much responsibility he shoulders for the passing concepts, I don't know if he needs to be replaced... But I agree we need to update the passing game. That's not to say the offensive philosophy has to change however we need to have the ability to adapt to the flow of the game and to keep defenses honest.

But other than that, I think we've seen some improvement in Bo Nix over the season and hopefully Kenny D can coach the "happy feet" out of him. Got nothing bad to say about RB and it looks like we don't have to worry about riding our broken backs come hell or high water as long as Caddy runs that room.

Special Teams is fine I think. Return game is as good as I've seen in a while though the kicking game needs some improvement.

Defense. Gave up the most points this season to a Tua-less Alabama team so obviously we just need to wipe and start over on that side of the ball 😁

Inconsistency has been the thorn in our sides under Malzahn and understandably many still want to make the change. I had confidence coming off the 2017 season that Gus had it figured out. I've lost that confidence over the course of this season, but the bus hasn't completely succumbed to the flames and in my opinion, Gus has earned at least another year to convince us that he can right the ship.

War Eagle and good night!

Great win yesterday. Gus is not in any way absolved of his major failures as our coach. Wish him the best as he enters our bowl and 2020.

But don't kid yourself. His seat will reheat the moment his tendencies resurface. He needs 10 wins next year.

Archived